Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

What vehicles have you owned?

Quote[/b] ]That is one helluva sexy Alfa Romeo 156!!!

What's the type of your engine?

Hehe thanks - I love it! It's a 1.8 Twinspark. 2 Liter JTS is a wee bit expensive and the 3.2 GTA is hilariously expensive. It's rapid and has a very nice chassis though. Strangely enough most BMW and Alfa Romeo owners hate eachothers guts here in Norway - which is sad since both marks makes very nice cars  wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyways... this is my car im driving around:

[ig]http://www.bmw.se/images/cars/20_2.jpg[/ig]

A BMW 528i with automatic transmission.

Now that is a very nice car too! And very very expensive in Norway  sad_o.gif

Now that is a very nice car too! And very very expensive in Norway  sad_o.gif

Actually its my dad's! biggrin_o.gif

But I drive in it too.

This one's wasn't very expensive because my dad bought it second hand. biggrin_o.gif

And it was in a very good condition!

I'm planning to get a car too, but I'm thinking about the Peugeot 206 GTI or an Alfa Romeo 156 1.8/2.0 Twinspark.

Peugeot 206 GTI:

rico10_2903200305_206_gti_pouchelon.gif

A BMW killer! biggrin_o.gif

My old rustbucket (Mazda 929) is on it's last legs...I'm hoping to pick up a Bedford van or Falcon Panelvan soon...

http://www.btinternet.com/~classic.camperclub/jj34.jpg

There used to be a Bedford van in my area done up to look like the A-Team van when I was a kid  biggrin_o.gif

About a month or two ago I saw my dream vehicle driving down the street - an electric blue Bedford CF Van, with a mural painted on the side of this album cover (minus the lettering):

warlock_triumph_and_agony_a.jpg

Can't be arsed to get a driving license. 1000-1500e for the license itself + quite a bit of other bureaucratic fees. blues.gif

Dunno what '1000e' is but I payed $12.00 for my license when I was 18. tounge_o.gif

1200-1700USD at the moment.

wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  Where do you live?

Just to avoid some misconceptions, that 1000-1500 euros include driving lessons, exams and so forth. wink_o.gif

And just like my profile says, I live in Finland.

Holy crap man! You can get your liscense here for about $20 I think I had to pay, and instruction was free through the school. (But they have started charging $100 for it now) Going to a private place costs a couple hundred, but nothing compared to what you need to pay. crazy_o.gif

Sorry to say this:

In general the french were alway ahead of their times in car design (see Citroen) but right now the french companies are too much into "usefulllness". The designs of Peugeot and co are just ridiculous compared to BMW and Merecedes. I dont mean that with evil national pride but they gotta do something to gain back repuatation in europe. In china they are very very successful though!

french designs for cars are so ugly, they better hire jean paul gauthier tu design their cars or something it wouldl ook a bit better

Sorry to say this:

In general the french were alway ahead of their times in car design (see Citroen) but right now the french companies are too much into "usefulllness". The designs of Peugeot and co are just ridiculous compared to BMW and Merecedes. I dont mean that with evil national pride but they gotta do something to gain back repuatation in europe. In china they are very very successful though!

Renault Megane has some great design that no german car comes close to. Opel, Volkswagen and Audi are pretty booring.

BMW and Mercedes looks like they have always looked with a few small changes. I still like them but I have never been surprised when it comes to new designs. Audi did the TT which is great but it's not a regular car.

Camry

F-150

---

Now 2002 Acura RSX-S (and I love it smile_o.gif )

1976 Chev. Monte Carlo

197? Ford Gran Tourino ??

1982 Buick Cutlass

1986 Plymouth Tourismo

1986 Dodge Ramcharger - still have this one

1982 Chevy 1500 PickUp

1987 Chevy Van

1990 Chevy Cavalier

1994 Chevy Cavalier

1989 Ford Excort Pony - Still have this one

1989 Chrysler LeBaron - Still have this one

2002 Chevy Silverado LT Ext. Cab Z-71 - Still have this one

Sorry to say this:

Have to disagree with you there Albert. When it comes to small and medium sized cars the french are way ahead of the germans. Try to find a good looking german equivalent to Peugot 206 and Citroen C3? It's not going to be an Opel or the new BMW 1-series that's for sure. If anything it's the germans that are looking at trouble in the coming years. With the 5 series and Golf defining it's classes they have to somewhat stay "true" to their tradition. BMW now suffers from the original but dislikeable 7 series - a theme now continued with Chris Bangle (a former Ford designer/Scorpio) on the 5 series. In short, flame surfacing as it's called puts people off - and not accidentaly. The rest of the field has caught up on Volkswagen, and Golf is no longer the superior leader in it's class. The new Golf - Volkswagens safe bet - sells poorly all over Europe and this even in the homemarket Germany - it's strongest market. That's why they now have to throw in "freebees" to make the car more attractive at the price (aircon etc.) . To make matter worse their now middle aged buyers that followed the various Golf series loyaly from the first in the late seventies and onto now are no longer loyal. Golf is no longer lithe, exciting and fun but heavy, middle aged and boring.

It's always hard to "reinvent" itself when they are the classdefining cars - and the problems now start to appear.

By the way, Volkswagen now sells more cars in China than the homemarket. Last year was the first year this happened wink_o.gif

Oh, I forgot to say I'm highly biased and totally Italiofile tounge_o.gif

1983 Mini Cooper 1000 ( first love )

1984 KTM Enduro (example)

1987 Suzuki Cross (example)

1990 KTM LC4 500 (example)

1994 Opel Bedford Blitz (example) first toy with driving license wink_o.gif

1998 VW Jetta (example)  crazy_o.gif

2001 Kawasaki ZX6R (example) crashed last year...

2001 Renault Twingo (example)

2003 Renault Twingo

2005 Kawasaki ZX10R  tounge_o.gif

I have to modify my future plans. wink_o.gif

The future?

Either Audi A4 S4 Avant

or Daimler-Chrysler CLK 200 CGI.

Neither nor... I prefer Mazda RX-8 now!

studio1_preview.jpgstudio2_preview.jpgstudio4_preview.jpg

A driving licence here in Germany is expensive, too. My licence for cars up to 7.5t and motocycles cost iirc ca. 3000 DM, that would be around 1500 EUR. Including practical driving lessons (there are several mandatory driving lessons: autobahn, country roads, driving in the night), fees for theoretical and practical driving tests...

At least there are enough public places without speed limit in Germany. biggrin_o.gif

I have to modify my future plans. wink_o.gif

The future?

Either Audi A4 S4 Avant

or Daimler-Chrysler CLK 200 CGI.

Neither nor... I prefer Mazda RX-8 now!

http://staging3.syzygy.de/Mazda....iew.jpghttp://staging3.syzygy.de/Mazda....iew.jpghttp://staging3.syzygy.de/Mazda....iew.jpg

i like the mazda for it´s unconventional engine concept and the pure rpm that you can get out of it .. though i´d prefer the RX-7 because i like the design more.

the MX-3 was the first car i got to drive in my life, with thx to mum  smile_o.gif

2005%20MAZDA%20MX%203.jpg

Damn I had a long posts comparing french designs (in an objective way) and it crashed. I wont post that again  NOT NOW!

You see.. even this forum thinks you're wrong tounge_o.gif

i like the mazda for it´s unconventional engine concept and the pure rpm that you can get out of it .. though i´d prefer the RX-7 because i like the design more.

Now I have to wait until I can afford a used RX-8 (personal break-even: own savings will grow, price of used car will drop, somewhere both will meet)... wink_o.gif

I think the Mitsubishi Eclipse is the best looking car around. Of course with the right body kits and color. The shiny silver makes me cream myself. LMAO ... cant believe I said that but OHH WELL!

I want an Eclipse so BAD!!! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Unfortunately I'm not a money person...

221080_26_full.jpg

221080_29_full.jpg

OMG..

THEY RAPED THAT ECLIPSE!!!

Imo... putting kits on cars is just... car-raping man.  crazy_o.gif

Completely agree.

I find it halarious when some 'street racer try hard' in a riced up gutless-mobile gives a big rev (from twin oversized 3 1/2 inch exhausts that not only reduces performance and economy but also increases emissions and weight) at the lights, only to be well and truly beaten off the line by me in a family wagon. tounge_o.gif

Then, to try prove something. After I've stopped accelerating at the speed limit, they catch up, keep charging to the next set of lights, only to be stopped at them because they have no clue about traffic light synchronisation..... then they turn green, and I just cruise on by, laughing because ricer boy/girl is once again, ringing that mechanically unmodified monstrosity by the neck, and once again, on a mission to prove they have a huge ego problem.

Keep chargin boy/girl. Before you know it, you'll have a big tree imprintation on your car. That's mother nature getting you back. blues.gif