Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

Indeed...

@Rifleman - Who are you to tell us what we should or should not make? We ARE going to make TWO woodland versions of this pack, so I can not believe you are so unhappy with that.

Quote[/b] ]the real one folds into the side of the turret when not in use, and for reloading

Actually this is wrong... It does not fold INTO the side, but rather down next to the side of the turret. Also, the launcher actually remains in the upright position for manual reloading - in real life the crew has to feed 2 new TOW rounds into the launcher. If you've ever wondered what the hatch in the roof of the Bradley is for, now you know - it is to allow the crew to reload the TOW launcher from inside the Bradley, whilst having a bit of armour protection from any enemy activity.

Yes the TOW launcher on the Bradley will animate... It will fold down when the vehicle is in "Safe" mode (i.e. the crew is turned out)

Quote[/b] ]and fighting in the the desert in a game isnt any fun, at least not for me

No one is forcing you to download these addons... so as you have done, feel free to make yor own. As I have allready said, there will be TWO Woodland versions of this pack. One "plain" woodland, and the other dust/sandy to simulate usage in a desert environment. These packs will follow shortly after the Desert version, as we will not have to make any new models, or write the entire cpp. All that will need to be done, is the desert textures swapped for woodland ones.

@Nyles - RHS is going to make them (The Mi's) All we want are some simple vehicles for the OPFOR teams to use - else it would be the same as fighting the BIS russians - i.e. they would be just as poorly equipped.

@PFC_Mike - as has allready been said, we will NOT be re-naming or altering the scale of the OPFOR vehicles in any way. This is to allow them to fit in with the current BIS vehicles without us having to duplicate them as well. If RHS chooses to do more accurate versions, they may feel free to, all this project is, is to provide the Delta's/Ranger's with some decent targets...

@All who complain about the "wait and see" Well, to tell you the truth, we say "wait and see" for 2 reasons:

1) It prevents any dissapointment if the stated dates are not met. As we do this for a hobby, real life takes priority over making addons. I can undersatnd that you want them now, but believe me, if we gave them to you in the sate they are, you would be less than satisfied with them... Just give us a little breathing space please guys, you will get your bounty, and we will ensure that it is the best job we can do for you.

2) To be perfectly honest, we can not be certain of release dates ourselves. As with the MH-47, a lot of script bugs popped up, just before release time, so it had to go back to be fixed. As I have allready said, we [bAS] try our best to give you high quality, bug free, addons. Of course one or two bugs will slip through the net, but we try our best to resolve as many of them as we can. So you dont end up with an un-useable addon - as is the case with your hummers Rifleman.

Quote[/b] ]and that pack may have had problems, but it had far less for me than it did for other people, and i have fixed the ones that bothered me

If you are making addons for the public, then they have to work for the public. This is why our addons spend so much time in beta testing, so that they actually work for the people who download them.

Quote[/b] ]They're wasting too much time posting instead of working on their stuff.

How true...

And Avon, there will be plenty of scope for making plenty of missions with the packs. This is one of the reasons for compiling all or Marfy's addons into one pack. AS not only can we fix the bugs (as was one of the main aims for the pack) we can also add lots of new features, and have them all there, in that 1 download.

I think that about sums it up.. for now...

how heavily loaded up with gear will the units in the Desert pack be? also will ther be lighter version of the Units with no Packs and so forth? but im guessing though that wont be the case as it would increase the size of the pack 2 fold. also will there be a large gap between the release of Woodland/sandy woodland version  and also will they be 2 seperate packs ie Woodland and Desert packs and if not how will the des pack be patched?

ps i been waiting since TJP for the 60 tbh i dont mind waiting a few more weeks/months if its really as good as you guys say it will be.

Well said Mr DM.

Can't wait for this new stuff, your other addons are at the top of my must have addon list.

Tug

2) To be perfectly honest, we can not be certain of release dates ourselves. As with the MH-47, a lot of script bugs popped up, just before release time, so it had to go back to be fixed. As I have allready said, we [bAS] try our best to give you high quality, bug free, addons. Of course one or two bugs will slip through the net, but we try our best to resolve as many of them as we can. So you dont end up with an un-useable addon - as is the case with your hummers Rifleman.
Quote[/b] ]and that pack may have had problems, but it had far less for me than it did for other people, and i have fixed the ones that bothered me

If you are making addons for the public, then they have to work for the public. This is why our addons spend so much time in beta testing, so that they actually work for the people who download them.

seems this is getting a bit personal, lol.. dont worry rifleman i stole a BAS beta of the Desert Pack at a CLASSIFIED date.. how stupid would someone be to upload their beta's on the internet? seeing that the encryption was so weak.. even my little brother could have hacked that.

*Ive got BAS's Attention Now* Maybe they can answer some of my freakin questions!!!

Does the HH60H (I think thats the one the SEALs use) come in new textures, or is it black like the other Mh60's? And i really hope theres a regular UH60 in the pack.. one with no refuel pod or rod, or global ahead looking fuckwhatever device... lol just black and with a M60 or M240 in the doorway.. or do UH60's use miniguns now too? Oh and umm.. Mh60's should definetly come with a loadout of BAS weapons.. extra ammo magazines.. hand grenades.. laser designators.. M136's.. Goggles, hehe if we lose ours.

o and wait that brings me to my idea.. now WARNING!: THIS PERSON HAS NEVER MADE OR HAD AN AFFILIATION WITH AN ADDON EVER IN HIS LIFE, SO IF HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE'S TALKING ABOUT PLEASE SIMPLY SAY "NO, THAT WONT WORK." THANK YOU!

On the silenced or whatever Rangers.. about not adding new night vision goggles i had this idea.. that whenever Night vision goggles are not on your head.. that the BIS NV Goggles or whatever shows to be propped up on your helmet.. and when night vision goggles are deployed the thing disappears and the default BIS Goggles now appear to be pulled down. Now sure its unrealistic because rangers dont use those NV goggles.. but its something to work with seeing that almost all my mpeg's of ranger training have NV Goggles mounted on their helmets and it looks so sweet.

The real HH-60H is grey, so i seriously doubt we would release a black version.

You dont have a desert pack beta, as its not been a beta yet, it hasnt been uploaded, so please take your bullshit elsewhere smile_o.gif

Also, by claiming to have illegally hacked our private software you have violated board rules:

§1)No discussion about illegally obtained software

All discussions about warez, piracy or leaked software are strictly forbidden

The real HH-60H is grey, so i seriously doubt we would release a black version.

You dont have a desert pack beta, as its not been a beta yet, it hasnt been uploaded, so please take your bullshit elsewhere smile_o.gif

I think this thread is becoming a small-scale conflict...

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Can't we all just... get along?</span>

actually amusing but not funny at all....

ridiculous kids

go out and get a live!

how heavily loaded up with gear will the units in the Desert pack be? also will ther be lighter version of the Units with no Packs and so forth? but im guessing though that wont be the case as it would increase the size of the pack 2 fold.

All the vehicles will be loaded right up with kit - fully loaded. However, due to the wonderus invention of hidden selections, this kit will have several options:

1) FULL Kit, every last bit of kit in/on the vehicles will be displayed.

2) RANDOM Kit, as the name suggests, thanks to a clever little script, the kit will be "spawned" randomly in/on the vehicles.

3) NO Kit, there will be an option to turn off ALL kit, including the IFF panels, and any other version specific items (such as the snorkel/exhaust and bullbars on the Hummers.

Quote[/b] ] also will there be a large gap between the release of Woodland/sandy woodland version and also will they be 2 seperate packs ie Woodland and Desert packs and if not how will the des pack be patched?

The "Desert" Pack will contian just that, Desert camo (as seen in the pics) The "Woodland" Pack will contain the Woodland vehicles, and the Woodland/Desert mix vehicles.

Also, any bugs introduced may either be patched (with an exe) or re-downloaded from the server.

Quote[/b] ]i stole a BAS beta of the Desert Pack at a CLASSIFIED date.. how stupid would someone be to upload their beta's on the internet? seeing that the encryption was so weak.. even my little brother could have hacked that.

As Eviscerator has allready said, there is no Desert Pack Beta for you to steal.. how do I know - because I haven't uploaded it yet wink_o.gif So please, take your lieing elsewhere, we wanna talk about the addons in here smile_o.gif

ok kids , time to settle things down :

- the BAS is a team composed of addonmakers , they aren't paid for what they do and they do it on their own will , and that means they have all the rights when it comes to their addons

- this team of addonmakers doesn't owe us anything , and all they do , they do it because they want to

and in no way they are in the obligation to communicate informations about upcoming projects to us

- it's their right not to show anything neither to answer to any question , they're the makers , and once again they do it of their free will and aggressice , excessive information demands can only lead to a possible refusal of the BAS members to communicate with us

- as pointed out before by eviscerator , this forum has a set of rules which have to be enforced , that concern as much hacking and other technical issues like warrez as the general behavior of the members , if you can't respect these rules , then , leave

(picture)

j/k

either this came late , or i don't get it tounge_o.gif

(picture)

j/k

either this came late , or i don't get it tounge_o.gif

It came on time, so I see. tounge_o.gif I might have to post the pic again at this rate! tounge_o.gif

I meant I agree with every last word you wrote. wink_o.gif

about the bradley tow launcher, thank you for answering my question

at least i knew it folded, i wasnt sure all the details, but you coulda left it at that

i knew about the woodland ones

i wasnt complaning about the "wait and see" on the release dates, i just wanted a few questions answered

Quote[/b] ]Who are you to tell us what we should or should not make?

im not ordering you, i cant make you, but i have the right to say what i think, and what i would like to see, no one said you had to do it

with your post deatmeat, you just made things worse

Quote[/b] ]Also, by claiming to have illegally hacked our private software you have violated board rules:

§1)No discussion about illegally obtained software

All discussions about warez, piracy or leaked software are strictly forbidden

sheesh, cant you guys take a joke

Guest DKM-jaguar

heh..good to see the ofp community still has it's head up it's arse! (joke, you guys have been great about the mi28)

but seriously, these explanations always fall on deaf ears. People just never seem to realise why we do what we do.

Anyways.. the reason i post is, could anyone be so kind as to put pics of the desert pack, not linked from the BAS site? (big probs getting on that site..i think it hates me)

i would just like on or two pics of:

HEMTT

M1a1 heavy armour thingy..

maybe some others?

if someone would be so kind i would be exceptionally happy. If no one does, i realise why and therefore i'll just wallow in my ignorance as to what exactly these addons look like...

well, got to get back to my wallowing  biggrin_o.gif

btw: landwarrior wasnt really claiming he had hacked your site. He said it to get your attention so you would read his post. I think he never intended you to take it seriously...but i can understand fully why this would upset people by the thought of your work being stolen in beta stage.. */me thinks of that so called "m109" released by a certain ofp person who didnt even take off our bloody DKM star!! if you are going to steal our addons you might as well lie properly!! (plus it wasnt even beta stage, and has made people think the finished m109 will be like that... wait, got to stop typing... just gets me so MAD!!

crazy_o.gif

This tread is giving me a headache....

Quote[/b] ]This tread is giving me a headache....

i think its your sig giving you a headache

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yes AvonLady I am smile_o.gif

beleive me, there is no solution to allow me to get on the site..its just random.

btw: why is this thread giving people headaches? becuase i asked about thier projects instead of moaning on about nonsence like "why arent you constantly available to answer my questions? why dont you tell me (to the nearest minute) when they will be released?"

moaning on about nonsence like "why arent you constantly available to answer my questions? why dont you tell me (to the nearest minute) when they will be released?"

Thats why.

and people that keep bothering me they don´t like my sig

beleive me, there is no solution to allow me to get on the site..its just random.

All the desert vehicle pics BAS recently released are also mirrored on this OFP AT news archive page. wink_o.gif

I just wanted to give him a link to opf.at

smile_o.gif

I just wanted to give him a link to opf.at

Well, you were too busy griping about comments on your sig................. which is awful BTW. tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif