Sign in to follow this  
Tovarish

Would you like some freedom fries with that?

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,07wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 12 2003,12<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Exactly what does American's being a race have to do with the point I was making?

Are you really that stupid, or being clever and playing word games?<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, relax.  "French" is a nationality, so is "American".  Neither of them are races as defined by the term racist.

Can I have one conversation with you that doesn't end up in namecalling and nitpicking?<span id='postcolor'>

well if u went around here shouting stinky pakis u wouldd get charged under some racial discrimination law infact some forums edit out the word paki,short for pakistani.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Mar. 12 2003,06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,06:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when can France expect to have the Statue of Liberty back? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When can the US expect to have the freedom hundreds of thousands of our troops fought and died two times to give them back?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, then I think you woldn't mind going back to being a British colony, right? Without France's help that is what you would have continued being, pobably until the 1950's when Britain released most of its colonies.

But then again, the Germans would have run over Britain, so you would probably be reciting "Heil to the Führer" in school.

It's funny how you like to mention the help that France got from you in WW2 but completely fail to mention that without them your little "War for Independence" would have been a failure.<span id='postcolor'>

woulddn`t the soviets then over run germans ??<span id='postcolor'>

Possibly, but it's difficult to predict if the western front had collapsed. Well, that alternative is not so attractive either, singing "Hail to the Comrade Secretary of the Socialst Worker's Party" wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when can France expect to have the Statue of Liberty back? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When can the US expect to have the freedom hundreds of thousands of our troops fought and died two times to give them back?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, then I think you woldn't mind going back to being a British colony, right? Without France's help that is what you would have continued being, pobably until the 1950's when Britain released most of its colonies.

But then again, the Germans would have run over Britain, so you would probably be reciting "Heil to the Führer" in school.

It's funny how you like to mention the help that France got from you in WW2 but completely fail to mention that without them your little "War for Independence" would have been a failure.<span id='postcolor'>

ild say the russians over run the germans, the brits possbly could hold back the germans a little longer, their navy was far better overall and they managed to win the BoB bythemselfs with help from the clonies. But the russians im sure once taking europe would have the reasources and the manpower to go all the way.

France's help during Independence war was repayed in WW1.

the definition of racism is not so concrete, but there are several rules.

one skin color to another is not so much. so America, with majority still caucasians, calls another caucasian country(France) names. not so much racism.

but, if you call names of other countries, and their ethnic background is mostly other race, then it is getting into danger zone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 12 2003,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">France's help during Independence war was repayed in WW1.<span id='postcolor'>

Hardly. France was not defeated in WW1 and the American help while welcome was not essential in winning the war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 12 2003,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">France's help during Independence war was repayed in WW1.<span id='postcolor'>

Hardly. France was not defeated in WW1 and the American help while welcome was not essential in winning the war.<span id='postcolor'>

neither was French's help. British got tired of seeing our founding fathers running around playing hide and seek so they left.

so i can call a frenchman a stinky french froggy and get away with it but will gegt a harsher punishment if i call someone a stupid black guy,

Also how do u know i was insulting him on his race rather than his apearance as i could easily call someone a stupid fat/skinny/tall/short guy what happens if i called him a stupid slightyl darker tan colored guy confused.gifwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 12 2003,07:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 12 2003,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">France's help during Independence war was repayed in WW1.<span id='postcolor'>

Hardly. France was not defeated in WW1 and the American help while welcome was not essential in winning the war.<span id='postcolor'>

neither was French's help. British got tired of seeing our founding fathers running around playing hide and seek so they left.<span id='postcolor'>

but ur ancestors were us if u know what i mean.

I CLAIM OWNERSHIP OF UR ANCIENTS wow.giftounge.gif

albeit going offtopic, here's the explanation.

skin colors are not something you can work to change. you are born with it. and basing a judgement of someone just because of skin color is very unreasonable.

calling stupid fat/skinny/tall/short guy is a bit different. begin fat, skinny, tall or short does not have much of degrading meaning that is conveyed through it. besides, it's common for all races.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rac·ism

n.

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Discrimination or prejudice based on race.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">race

n.

A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or <span style='color:red'>geographic distribution</span>: the German race.<span id='postcolor'>

Making fun of people based upon the country of their birth, regardless of color or religion, is most defnitely racism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 12 2003,07:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">skin colors are not something you can work to change.<span id='postcolor'>

michael%20jackson.jpg

tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

i was thinking exactly same thing when typing that sentence. biggrin.gif

anyways, thanx for Fubar's dictionary search, but i stand by my liberal interpretation.

anyways, get back on topic. wink.gif

I told this story (freedom fries) to some people at work today...seriously, no one would believe me, they all thought I was taking the piss. tounge.gif

Its just stupid politicians pandering to the emotional and political climate of the times. Something pols are guilty of in all nations. The U.S. has a history of this. Back in the World Wars, we called sauerkraut "liberty cabbage", frankfurters "hot dogs" and I can't remember what they changed the name of hamburgers to, but it was something equally insipid an overly patriotic. Its all propaganda. French Fries actually came from Belgium anyway. And trust me, Americans are still appreciative of Lafeyette and the French fleet during our revolution. Unfortunately, being a federal republic instead of a unitary one, we have states. Some of those states include horrible backwards ignorant places like Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia and Kentucky. Not that all of their citizens are Budweiser swilling, NASCAR watching Amuricans (spelling intentional) with a penchant for Jerry Springer and reality TV. We just happen to have a lot of inbred, backwoods, hillbilly bumpkins in the U.S. Some of whom whose votes count and are actually catered to by politicians.

What is the new name for Porsche´s then ?

2002-porsche-carrera-03.jpg

Infinite Justice ? biggrin.gif

Sorry but it doesn´t strengthen my believe in a government that already has huge credibility problems if they try to use propaganda (very bad one...) to make up the minds of the US lower class (the number one consumers of Fast Food) with some childish ideas like that. If I was a taxpaying US citizen I would be really worried. Are they still sane or warping on a higher level of idiotic behaviour. You decide.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 12 2003,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the new name for Porsche´s then ?<span id='postcolor'>

Porka Turbo (See GTA).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And don't underestimate the French stubbornness and national pride. Unlike most of Europe the French have never liked the American influence (or intrusions if you will) in their culture. They don't watch much American TV, don't go much to McDonalds. A prime example of that is the EuroDisney in Paris (Disneyland) that has been an economic fiasco since the day they opened.

A French boycott of USA is actually more plausible then vice versa since Americans are more facinated by making money then the French are. And believe it or not, the French can be damn stubborn when it comes to matters of national pride.<span id='postcolor'>

oooh yeah , we can tounge.gif

am i not the proof ? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it is a very funny example of a cultural clash. USA likes to have the self image of the action hero who takes matters into his own hands, defeating the bad guy. France on the other hand likes to have the self image of the intelligent diplomat that saves the day through clever reasoning. Up until recently USA has had the benifit of being accepted for that role (thanks to the Soviet Union). Suddenly this pathetic little chickenshit beurocrat France stands in their way, obstructing the path of justice and clouding the issues. As any good action hero, USA can only feel contempt for such spineless beaurocrats whose only agenda is making themselves important. What is worse: they are actually suceeding in hindering our hero. Even his trusty sidekick Britain is having second thoughts.

France on the other hand as any good diplomat wants to talk things over, make a compromise and it infuriates them when this violent Neanderthal, USA, who has the mental capacity of a moderately gifted piece of lumber can sabotage their negotiations and delicate planning. They feel that they have the ultimate grasp of the complex world we live in while USA knows only one thing: "Me want to club something."

Now as a result of these different views the actions that they take to show their displeasure with the situation mean nothing to the other side. If you think that renaming "french fries" to "freedom fries" is going to insult the French, think again. They are collectivly laughing their asses off in France at USA. They feel that it only reinforces their opinion that USA is an impotent neanderthal bully that has been put in place by the smart France.<span id='postcolor'>

you're a colective psychanalyst or what ? tounge.gif

anyway , you got it all right

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, most of our population is overweight.  Maybe they'll be too lazy to stick too the new name.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What an insular attitude, bordering on racist.<span id='postcolor'>

Nice try, but countries aren't races. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

xenophobism then ......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The cafeteria menus in the three House office buildings changed the name of "french fries" to "freedom fries,"

Across the country, some private restaurants have done the same"<span id='postcolor'>

So, only cafeterias in the there House office building changed the names, and one in North Carolina.  That makes 4 in total.

What's the big fucking deal?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?

Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

Jules: Then what do they call it?

Vincent: They call it a "Royale" with cheese.

Jules: A "Royale" with cheese! What do they call a Big Mac?

Vincent: A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "le Big-Mac".

Jules: "Le Big-Mac"! Ha ha ha ha! What do they call a Whopper?

Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King. <span id='postcolor'>

See! See! If they don't use quarter pounder, then we don't have to use French. Payback's a bitch. fuck_scott.gif

-=Die Alive=-

I read a news source on this and the French embassy did bugger all but just send a memo to the guy who started it saying "French fries are actually from Belgium".

Lol

I can't believe some people can't find the funny side to this, there's no point in arguing once people have stooped to this level of idiotic propaganda.

And yes i'm a Brit and an idiot but wait...all the British pretty much mirror my views in a less explicit way of course *burns American flag and chants the koran*

I just thought about something that´s really bugging me about the effect of American products here in Finland.

Everyone just wants to ape Americans, even if some of the things they do are just so bloody stupid (I´m not flaming America, just my own stupid people)! The emperor has no clothes!

A lot of people at my university and a lot of kids wear clothes with AMERICAN flags on them! They don´t have a sense of nationality, they just consumeconsumeconsume and buy anything that America throws at them. Big macs, movies, clothes, you name it!

If someone´s wearing clothes with American motifs, it just makes me want to go up and slap ´em! wink.gif

Why don´t you wear a Finnish flag, jackass!? mad.gif

And people just want to celebrate Halloween more and more, with pumpkins, costumes etc. completely forgetting our OWN, respectful, quiet holiday of honoring the dead.

Can´t blame Americans for doing business, just the stupid Finns who are being brainwashed mad.gif I can imagine that this is a very common phenomenon.

Whew, glad to get that rant off my chest tounge.gif

I have nothing against the French for not wanting to fight in Iraq, afterall war sucks.

But it makes me sick to see how the French, in general, treat Americans, and the attitude of the French, not just in recent issues, but for many years. Regardless of how you feel about the US, thousands of our soldiers died to push the Germans out of France in WWII, and you've been spitting on us ever since.

I'd like to apologize to any Germans that may read this, we screwed up....

"But it makes me sick to see how the French, in general, treat Americans, and the attitude of the French, not just in recent issues, but for many years. Regardless of how you feel about the US, thousands of our soldiers died to push the Germans out of France in WWII, and you've been spitting on us ever since."

The French treat anyone who isnt French that way, basically. They dont have an attitude problem towards just Americans, its directed at anyone who doesnt speak French.

As for France spitting on the US for what they did in WW2, thats just bull. Pardon my language. France is extremely grateful for what America did, have no doubt about it. There are organisations that "adopt" an American soldier who died in France. That family then visits the grave, drops of flowers and such, usually every other week. Thinking they dont appretiate what America did is ignorant, disrespectful and a result of propaganda and media slander.