Sign in to follow this  
Tovarish

Would you like some freedom fries with that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 12 2003,06:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 11 2003,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span> What next, replace the Statue of Liberty? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i agree. this ultra patriotic crap is getting really irritating. i have no problem hanging the flag for love of the country or for support of our forces, but freedom fries are getting a bit to carried away.<span id='postcolor'>

It isn't a matter of patriotism. It's a matter of anti Frenchism, and stupidity.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 12 2003,06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 12 2003,06wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 11 2003,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span> What next, replace the Statue of Liberty? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i agree. this ultra patriotic crap is getting really irritating. i have no problem hanging the flag for love of the country or for support of our forces, but freedom fries are getting a bit to carried away.<span id='postcolor'>

It isn't a matter of patriotism.  It's a matter of anti Frenchism, and stupidity.<span id='postcolor'>

i think it's a bit of both.

It borders on stupidity like when in the Washington state legislature, two members walked out of a prayer given by a muslim cleric. They said it was "not patriotic".

Jackasses.

I am amazed how you can endure the extreme abuse of platitudes and clichés that seem to be so popular.

"Freedom Fries"

"Infinite Justice"

"Patriot Act"

etc etc

Are you not fed up with the abuse of words that are supposed to actually mean something? confused.gif

Well, was it a muslim prayer as opposed to a Christian one?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 12 2003,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, was it a muslim prayer as opposed to a Christian one?<span id='postcolor'>

don't tell me that you also think being muslim is un-American confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 12 2003,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, was it a muslim prayer as opposed to a Christian one?<span id='postcolor'>

Does it matter?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What an insular attitude, bordering on racist.<span id='postcolor'>

Nice try, but countries aren't races. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The key word being bordering on.

And they are French fires, not France fries.

The French are a race, yes? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when can France expect to have the Statue of Liberty back? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When can the US expect to have the freedom hundreds of thousands of our troops fought and died two times to give them back?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The French are a race, yes? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No more than the Americans are.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when can France expect to have the Statue of Liberty back? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When can the US expect to have the freedom hundreds of thousands of our troops fought and died two times to give them back?<span id='postcolor'>

I'd say that just made you even for the help the French gave you during the war of Independence. Besides you were late tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when can France expect to have the Statue of Liberty back? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When can the US expect to have the freedom hundreds of thousands of our troops fought and died two times to give them back?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, then I think you woldn't mind going back to being a British colony, right? Without France's help that is what you would have continued being, pobably until the 1950's when Britain released most of its colonies.

But then again, the Germans would have run over Britain, so you would probably be reciting "Heil to the Führer" in school.

It's funny how you like to mention the help that France got from you in WW2 but completely fail to mention that without them your little "War for Independence" would have been a failure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Besides you were late<span id='postcolor'>

So were you. tounge.gif

Ok ok, enough of this.  I think I'm going to get PRed and you'll get a slap on the wrist.  Plus I don't want ran to see this, he'll use pictures. wow.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 12 2003,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The French are a race, yes?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They are a nationality not a race. The French are made of different races like gauls and the like as well as germanic peoples. Just like England with Welsh, Scottish, Irish and even some Latin race parts.

Americans are made up of thousands of races.

Race is more genetic makeup then national origin.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The French are a race, yes? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No more than the Americans are.<span id='postcolor'>

Um, what the hell has that got to do with what I said?

Hmm, let me think of a suitable response in your own style -

My socks are black, therefore you are in the wrong!

Booya, another triumph for illogic!

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 12 2003,02wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 12 2003,00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is one of the most stupid things i heard all week!

Fucking hilarious though how bloody childish the yanks get!

*falls of chair laughing*  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dissapointing how idiotic some Brits are.<span id='postcolor'>

don`t worry tex we have loads of idiots too(not aimed at jinef) but if i were u i`d take a look around and run away at the ones beside u wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So were you. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eh? Canada was at war as soon as Britain was.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 12 2003,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 12 2003,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The French are a race, yes?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They are a nationality not a race. The French are made of different races like gauls and the like as well as germanic peoples. Just like England with Welsh, Scottish, Irish and even some Latin race parts.

Americans are made up of thousands of races.

Race is more genetic makeup then national origin.<span id='postcolor'>

I mean a race as in the definition of racism.

Does that mean it's OK to insult any nationality on the basis that unless they are a pure bloodline race, it isn't really racism?

I think you'll find that nationality bashing is considered racism. An insult directed at Americans, lets say, is as much a racist remark as one directed against a Masai tribesman.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 12 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the stupidest thing I've heard since the naem change of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone to "dumb it down" for American audiences.

What an insular attitude, bordering on racist.

It's the same dumb reasoning Australian band Shihad had to change their name to Pacifier in the USA - apparently Shihad sounded too much like Jihad (terrorist connotations).<span id='postcolor'>

ooo thats evil u called a NZ band australian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,06:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when can France expect to have the Statue of Liberty back? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, then I think you woldn't mind going back to being a British colony, right? Without France's help that is what you would have continued being, pobably until the 1950's when Britain released most of its colonies.

But then again, the Germans would have run over Britain, so you would probably be reciting "Heil to the Führer" in school.

It's funny how you like to mention the help that France got from you in WW2 but completely fail to mention that without them your little "War for Independence" would have been a failure.<span id='postcolor'>

woulddn`t the soviets then over run germans ??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 12 2003,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"The French are a race, yes?"

"No more than the Americans are."

What's illogical about this?

"My socks are black, yes?"

"No more than mine are."

You been drinking Ox? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eh? Canada was at war as soon as Britain was.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, I only pick on the French. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Mar. 12 2003,06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 12 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the stupidest thing I've heard since the naem change of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone to "dumb it down" for American audiences.

What an insular attitude, bordering on racist.

It's the same dumb reasoning Australian band Shihad had to change their name to Pacifier in the USA - apparently Shihad sounded too much like Jihad (terrorist connotations).<span id='postcolor'>

ooo thats evil u called a NZ band australian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  crazy.gif   crazy.gif   crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, didn't know Shihad were from NZ.

Live and learn.

I really like some of Shihad's music anyway. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 12 2003,07:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 12 2003,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"The French are a race, yes?"

"No more than the Americans are."

What's illogical about this?

"My socks are black, yes?"

"No more than mine are."

You been drinking Ox?  confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eh? Canada was at war as soon as Britain was.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, I only pick on the French.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly what does American's being a race have to do with the point I was making?

Are you really that stupid, or being clever and playing word games?

I honestly can't tell with you any more. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 12 2003,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Exactly what does American's being a race have to do with the point I was making?

Are you really that stupid, or being clever and playing word games?<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, relax. "French" is a nationality, so is "American". Neither of them are races as defined by the term racist.

Can I have one conversation with you that doesn't end up in namecalling and nitpicking?

I think he meant america was a much more multicultural place than france.

As for the first 2 wars there was more ppl against the germans including italy and which got ripped off cos they didn`t get land they were due for fighting or something like that then the 2nd one u came in late.

but freedom fires and al that other crap, its like if u stamp patriotic or other words like it on some silly law,it automaticly makes it ok confused.gif