Jump to content
johnnyboy

Enable Prairie Fire DLC AI to navigate rice paddies

Recommended Posts

Many people have complained that the AI cannot navigate the rice paddies in Prairie Fire DLC.  This is a simple script you can paste into a trigger that will solve that problem.

In the editor, place a trigger near the rice paddies you want AI to navigate.  Set the trigger so it is activated by Anybody Present.  Paste this code into the On Activation box of the trigger:

Spoiler

[getpos thisTrigger] spawn 
{ 
 params["_pos"]; 
 sleep 1; 
 { 
  _mapDyke = _x; 
  _dyke = createSimpleObject ["vn\env_assets_f_vietnam\dykes\vn_dyke_10.p3d", [0,0,0]];  
  _dir = getDir _mapDyke; 
  _pos = getpos _mapDyke; 
  hideObjectGlobal _mapDyke; 
  _dyke setDir _dir; 
  _dyke setpos [_pos#0,_pos#1,.3]; 
 } foreach ([nearestTerrainObjects [_pos, [], 1000],  
      {(getModelInfo _x # 1) find "vn_dyke"> 0 }  
      ] call BIS_fnc_conditionalSelect); 
};

 

 

I don't make mods, but I think someone else could easily make a mod based on my script to replace all dykes on the map (or all rice paddy dikes that are near players), thus enabling AI to move onto and through rice paddies.

 

Also, if I could figure this out, it seems like the Prairie Fire DLC guys could easily fix the map itself.  Let's hope they do!  It's a great map, but its getting negative press due to AI navigation issues.  This is part of a simple fix I hope.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@johnnyboy  , my old friend, you are my savior!

I am working on a mission and I was desperate when I found out the last section of the mission is only playable in MP,  because AI stop at the ricefield.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fu..ing Hell :)) This works incredible....let's hope your scripting talent will not make the devs going lazy now xD 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bardosy said:

@johnnyboy  , my old friend, you are my savior!

I am working on a mission and I was desperate when I found out the last section of the mission is only playable in MP,  because AI stop at the ricefield.

Welcome back Bardosy!  So good to hear from you, and I'm excited you are creating a mission.  I hope life has been treating you well my friend.

 

I'm happy this helped you, and look forward to your mission release.  Don't forget to add some river boats to your mission.  😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why this didn't get through testing with BIS..... pretty basic mistake to make !  Once again, the community is filling the gaps left wide open by BIS.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kremator said:

Don't know why this didn't get through testing with BIS...

I think because BIS themselves don't test the cDLCs - 3rd party devs (SGD in this case) are approved, given tools/help (I suppose?), and BI only influence is to put the content on Steam store. Somewhere on the SGD forums the devs confirmed that in their tests there was no problem with rice paddies, and that issue will get fixed sooner or later.

 

Which naturally doesn't detract from Johnny's solution, which will sure come in handy before the patch!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I'm happy this helped you, and look forward to your mission release.  Don't forget to add some river boats to your mission.  😉

 

Thanks JJB !  JohnnyJungleBoy is clearing the way for BI/SOG  legion.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would there be a way to attach this to the player so as to not fill the map with trigger points?  I'm asking this because I have a friend making an insurgency mission with Alive and this would be a fantastic thing to add to the mission.  Either that or a script that would replace all on mission start for the whole map?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gerhart said:

Would there be a way to attach this to the player so as to not fill the map with trigger points?  I'm asking this because I have a friend making an insurgency mission with Alive and this would be a fantastic thing to add to the mission.  Either that or a script that would replace all on mission start for the whole map?

Sure dude.  The function is position based, so you could make a simple loop called from init.sqf that calls this function based on player positions every X seconds (60?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap that was quick lol.  Thank you for the reply and for your fantastic work.  I'll see if he can do that, again thank you for everything

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Brilliant ... as always, 'ma J-boy!

Thanks old buddy!  I hope you are doing well. Time for you to start making some Nam missions bro.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Thanks old buddy!  I hope you are doing well. Time for you to start making some Nam missions bro.😀

Thanks for asking, bro...I'm going through rough times, but the "storm" will pass. And yes...it's time for some Nam mission😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering to buy myself the DLC so this might come in handy. Thanks for sharing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×