Posted (edited)

Welcome to Unsung Redux - the Unsung story continues.

With the creators DLC S.O.G. Prairie Fire being released today, we want to stress that Unsung is not going away. Quite the contrary, with Unsung Redux we will provide a Prairie Fire compatible version of Unsung, reducing duplication of assets and taking advantage of the premium assets now available. First Unsung Redux Dev build will be made available on Steam Workshop and later Unsung Redux Stable. The Dev build is intended for developers and testers primarily, while the Stable release is targeting the general player base interested in the Vietnam war. Of course Unsung itself will continue to be available as the total conversion mod it is.

Steam Workshop URL for Unsung Redux DEVhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2479495652 

It will be unstable and work in progress, so expect frequent breakages.

Edited by TeTeT
add link for Unsung Redux Dev
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This sounds great! The new DLC is amazing, but it is clearly lacking some of the factions and equipment from Unsung. Will you continue to make use of S&S for uniforms/vests, or will all of the factions use Prairie Fire equipment? Both?

Excited to see what this is, and what the new CDLC enables you to do 🙂

6 hours ago, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

This sounds great! The new DLC is amazing, but it is clearly lacking some of the factions and equipment from Unsung. Will you continue to make use of S&S for uniforms/vests, or will all of the factions use Prairie Fire equipment? Both?

For now we will use the S&S donated uniforms and equipment whereever possible. Weaponry will be from the DLC, if available.

Some further progress, ROK Patrol on Dak Pek:

20210507120041_1.jpg

• Like 3

Have you maybe thought about making the maps a seperate pack ? I personally will for sure stick to the dlc map for a long long time and would love toss see things more modular :))

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Have you maybe thought about making the maps a seperate pack ? I personally will for sure stick to the dlc map for a long long time and would love toss see things more modular :))

We're discussing it internally, but chances are slim for splitting the mod. Anyway, it's still some time to go til we hit stable.

i tried downloading it the other day. didnt seem to work so good. very incomplete and buggy. i just went back to mixing regular unsung vehicles/objects/clothing with prairie fire weapons.

i wish the best of luck to you though and i hope that you work through things quickly and painlessly.

having these two mods merged would be truly the tagline of your old competitor. "vietnam: the experience".

if theres anything that you think i can possibly help you with then contact me.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:06 AM, Private Evans said:

you can do this yourself by just copy-pasting the map pbos and their dependencies to a new mod folder. i did this to make some ww2 pacific missions before. it's not hard at all, just copy+paste the right files. if you're having trouble with it just pm me and i'll walk you through it.

2 hours ago, pognivet said:

i tried downloading it the other day. didnt seem to work so good. very incomplete and buggy. i just went back to mixing regular unsung vehicles/objects/clothing with prairie fire weapons.

Did you not read the steam description? Its a development version so you will find it buggy and incomplete.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, R0adki11 said:

Did you not read the steam description? Its a development version so you will find it buggy and incomplete.

obviously, but it's more raw than i expected.