max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

There was an addon I had where I could use the, "Delete" key for calling a chopper. The chopper would spawn and become part of my unit. You could also choose from a list of choppers to call in. Even UAVs I think? 

I bought a new computer and I didn't save that addon. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Skylez1

A nice feature to have in the future, is that of any gun barrel that is touching or surpassing the object, such as a wall or rock etc...., prevents the user from using hes weapon in till he backs away form the blocking object, this would greatly improve the realism of  close quarters combat situations and give the real purpose of  Sub machine guns and carbines, So far I seen many Arma players use LMGs or HMGs such as Navid or Zafire to clear small rooms, but the fact of the matter is in a real situation, the barrel is to long and requires the user to maneuver the long barreled weapon in such closed in areas, this feature would create better balancing for the Arma weapons and give the fans and players a better game play experience, I also think it would be very simple for the  developers to implement.

Since you have already created the player animation of the user posing hes barrel toward the air when aiming towards hes friendly's in the offroad vehicle when the backseats.

and you also have made weapons able to deploy,  when there is an object underneath the weapon, for weapon resting or deployment, so with these features already added in Arma, it would be a nice additional feature to the Arma 3 series.

P.S: I do not know if these was the right form to post feature requests

Thanks for reading.

There is a small addon that does that I dont remember the name of it though if I find it ill tell ya

I believe it is made by Laxeman who does the sound mods etc.

Rifle Collision Addon maybe?

Lately I have been trying to make misisons with russian paras but making them jump from MI-8's just isn't it.

Maybe this would be a cool project if anyone is still looking to do something:

We need a new version of this so russians have something to fly paras in as well.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10441

some features that would be cool:

- Interior Lighting

- Working Ramp

- Radio Sounds

- Patrol version with a 23mm cannon and some fab250's

- Arctic version with skids

- Camo schemes for desert, arid, forest, UN, Civilian, arctic and navy

[Dust]Sabre is currently making an Antonov An-12. That may suit your desire  :) https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190404-antonov-an-12/

I'm not one for requesting addons, but I think two choppers that would really fit in well with the A3 setting would be the Eurocopter EC-135 or the McDonnell Douglas MD-902 Explorer. Both have some very modern looks and aspects, but also keep the conventional helicopter feeling to them. 

MD-902: 1011317.jpg

EC-135: 66d4cabec31ba79193316447ec9d20da.jpg

I'm not one for requesting addons, but I think two choppers that would really fit in well with the A3 setting would be the Eurocopter EC-135 or the McDonnell Douglas MD-902 Explorer. Both have some very modern looks and aspects, but also keep the conventional helicopter feeling to them. 

MD-902: 

EC-135: 

There is a EuroCopter EC-635 on armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28903

Do inquiries get ignored often in this thread?

Inquiries? What do you mean? This thread is not for inquiries -it is more of a communal wishlist of things people would love to see modders take on. 

Also-who do expect would reply to your "inquiry"? There is no official "grand list of arma mods" out there.If someone saw your question and knew of the specific weapons you were looking for I am sure they would have replied.

After a quick search, this is the best i could find for you-  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25417     The other rifles you mentioned do not seem to have been made by anyone.

Maybe you should have posted in the correct place?

No this is the correct place. It's already out. This is the ArmA 3 Addon and Mod discussion board. 

​I had this addon or addon script before. Like I said I didn't save it. It's the only addon left I can find.

So I am discussing it. If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would be really grateful!

Sincerely, Skylez1

My apologies then. By 'inquire' I meant simply to ask for info. I had thought this thread also had the function of pinpointing particular mods or floating ideas.

Thank you for the clarification

As for the idea itself, that's unfortunate as I had loved those rifles in the military. They are prominent weapons among US naval SOF and the British military. I hope someone may pick up on the task.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience

My apologies then. By 'inquire' I meant simply to ask for info. I had thought this thread also had the function of pinpointing particular mods or floating ideas.

Thank you for the clarification

As for the idea itself, that's unfortunate as I had loved those rifles in the military. They are prominent weapons among US naval SOF and the British military. I hope someone may pick up on the task.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience

No problem-I did not mean to sound harsh about it :) Someone will probably begin work on the weapons you want, and if not-you know the solution-Learn to model them yourself.It is the best way to get what you want , how you want it .

• Like 1

Ivan Keska mentioned the DPV/FAV/LSV a few pages back and I whole-heartedly agree. I'm aware of the LSV-esque one arriving with Apex, but something more sandrail-like would be fantastic to have in-game.

Something else I would love to see in the same vein would be a militarized ATV. The standard quad bike in ArmA III serves its purpose, don't get me wrong, but I would love to see one with attached rucks, mounts for ammunition, roll protection, slinged rocket launchers or even fully mounted weapons. You don't have to search for long to find SOF ATVs with mounted HK GMGs, M240s and ammunition or packed with loads of additional equipment

This page about the use of ATVs within the American military gives some general information about their purpose and capability. I think it would be a great lightweight and mobile alternative to other vehicles in ArmA III.

• Like 1

Hello, I am wondering if there are any McMillan rifle addons out there other than r3f's Tac-50. I'm talking about the tac-300, -308, or even the cs5. The latter I know has been released in an operator's pack but it now has no sound and I've only been able to dig up an old thread about adding it to the game here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177577-mcmillan-cs5/

The inspiration comes from the Devgru arsenal and MoH:W.

Very surprised that "operators pack" is still available, as it was all ported content from MOH:W and is a very big NO NO here.

Very surprised that "operators pack" is still available, as it was all ported content from MOH:W and is a very big NO NO here.

It's still available, but it is not in good shape-all weapon sounds are gone as well as no armour values. it is strange that it was never removed from Armaholic though-it has been around for a long time.

Yeah, it's easy enough to fix all the sounds etc, and armour values, but as it's a port, will leave it well alone.

• Like 1

No this is the correct place. It's already out. This is the ArmA 3 Addon and Mod discussion board. 

​I had this addon or addon script before. Like I said I didn't save it. It's the only addon left I can find.

So I am discussing it. If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would be really grateful!

Sincerely, Skylez1

If the mod is already out the correct place to discuss this would be the complete section.

Since the discussion section covers mods in development / mod ideas / requests etc.

No idea what kind of mod that could be though.

Cheers

Indeed that pack is untouchable due to its source and I fully understand. Perhaps the artist mentioned in my link quoted above would be open to integration? I believe he has most of his models open for use.

P.s. I have begun learning to model as well; my experience in AutoCad is making this very easy to take up. Thanks for the inspiration, ineptaphid.

• Like 1

Indeed that pack is untouchable due to its source and I fully understand. Perhaps the artist mentioned in my link quoted above would be open to integration? I believe he has most of his models open for use.

P.s. I have begun learning to model as well; my experience in AutoCad is making this very easy to take up. Thanks for the inspiration, ineptaphid.

Goodluck with your plan to begin modelling-I look forward to seeing what you can achieve :) Was this addon any use to what you were looking for ? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25417

Land Rover Wolf + WMIK

I would like to see a Land Rover WMIK to use in scenarios involving SAS patrols and so on. It is a quite neat vehicle and it could be fun to see the iconic wagon in A3 with both desert camouflage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rover_Wolf#Weapons_Mount_Installation_Kit

There was some WMIK's released for A2, try getting in touch with the author?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7861&highlight=WMIK

Da12thMonkey is still very active on the forums, he may know if Messiah is still around?

Goodluck with your plan to begin modelling-I look forward to seeing what you can achieve :) Was this addon any use to what you were looking for ? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25417

Appreciated. I have tried that pack, yes. It has a rather amusing glitch that stretches the arms out and creates a floating weapon :D. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Other than that I am happy to wait and see if anyone is interested in the idea as I am learning.

Cheers

*Obsolete* 

Edited by Jackal326

Appreciated. I have tried that pack, yes. It has a rather amusing glitch that stretches the arms out and creates a floating weapon :D. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Other than that I am happy to wait and see if anyone is interested in the idea as I am learning.

Cheers

oh yeah-I have come across that arm glitch in a few weapons myself too. I believe some of the  RHS team are working on new sniper rifles etc so you may see some stuff you like coming out in the future :)

There was an addon I had where I could use the, "Delete" key for calling a chopper. The chopper would spawn and become part of my unit. You could also choose from a list of choppers to call in. Even UAVs I think? 

I bought a new computer and I didn't save that addon. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Skylez1

i think this may be the addon you are looking for? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28400

If not, you can use MCC for spawning and calling CAS or transport choppers .It is very handy in SP missions http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19580

• Like 1