Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Rotor downwash effects for all bis choppers

p1.jpg

p5.jpg

As the title says...

Head over to our site and grab the file, unzip into res/addons folder and place the chopper of your choice in the map (to be found under group DKM-MOD/Air)

Click my banner to surf to our website.

I hope you all enjoy this little upgrade for ofp (1.90+).

Read the newstopic and readme file for more info.

*edit* :

one of the commands in the script was only available to 1.90, so those of you who hadnt upgraded to 1.90 yet could get some strange errormessages, remedy: update ofp to 1.90 or higher

oh........ my........... god.......

that looks so cool! thats totally what flashpoint needed!

THANK YOU!

Is there not a way of making it possible for all choppers?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

possibly one of the best addons for quite a while!

I think many other things in flashpoint can suffer to accomodate this.

I sware my computer isn't really good enough to run flashpoint at all.

What sort of system would you need for a 3000 benchmark?

still ... the missile warning will work even if your pc hasnt got enough 'umph' for the dust and spray... little comfort.. i know..

seeing the dissapointed reactions allready, we put up a version without the benchcheker...

but dont say we didnt warn ya..

but then again maybe we overrated the power needed... we let you decide.

I have enough power but it doesnt seem to work... ive tried all the official helos with no result confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there not a way of making it possible for all choppers?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the scripts can be used by every chopper, even not DKM or BIS ones, look in the readme to see how to add the features manually to the choppers.

The choppers can be found under west(or east)/DKM-Mod/Air.

Attention we don't replace the official choppers, we just used them as basic.

Nice effects, just got it working. Good job Dkm!

is this a new script or is it one that was made a couple of weeks ago (cant for the life of me remember the site that did it), i cant tell by the way youve worded it if its a new script by dkm or not, either way im glad someone put these on the bis choppers smile.gif

Looks pretty good, glad to see you got the water effects going. One thing though:

ch2.jpg

No, the ground is not in the air... wink.gif

I'll express my reaction by quoting Jamesia...

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 15 2003,00wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh........ my........... god.......<span id='postcolor'>

Definitely one of the coolest things I've seen for OFP lately.

Wonder how it will work on my poor pc with a benchmark of 1145 confused.gif

This script is completly new and was written originally for our Comanche, but Carny forced me to use it also on BIS choppers.

If you want to use this script for your own choppers, feel free to do so.

@bn880: I know this "bug", but I dont think it is essential to take it out, since it would only need more cpu power.

Great work DKM !

Now all we need is some heat effects on plane engines smile.gif

*fires up editor and goes to work .... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Jan. 14 2003,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@bn880: I know this "bug", but I dont think it is essential to take it out, since it would only need more cpu power.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. smile.gif Dust already devastates the CPU...

I got problems with close up on a normal explosion, my cpu will probably not like this!

problem i am having, when i add - this addeventhandler ["engine", {if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\dkmm_choppers\dkmm_duster.sqs""}}] to the initialization line of a chopper i do not see the dust, please help.

Now we need burning, flaming, wreckage for when bn880 finally flips that CH47D over!

so am I correct in guessing that to make it work in multiplayer, you need to insert these two lines in the mission init.sqs (well, you can make it one...):

myhelos = [myhelo1, myhelo2, myhelo3, myhelo4]

{_x addeventhandler ["engine", {if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec "\dkmm_choppers\dkmm_duster.sqs"}}] } ForEach myhelos

?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Jan. 15 2003,03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">problem i am having, when i add - this addeventhandler ["engine", {if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\dkmm_choppers\dkmm_duster.sqs""}}] to the initialization line of a chopper i do not see the dust, please help.<span id='postcolor'>

You have a own vehicle class in the editor. DKM mod / air something. Use those helis...

Or do you try to add it to another heli?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Jan. 15 2003,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This script is completly new and was written originally for our Comanche, but Carny forced me to use it also on BIS choppers.

If you want to use this script for your own choppers, feel free to do so.

@bn880: I know this "bug", but I dont think it is essential to take it out, since it would only need more cpu power.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know if this is a case of parallel innovation, but actually TJ created this script for his Vietnam missions quite awhile back. Check out TJ's CSAR mission for an example of this. As far as I know he came up with this by himself.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>