Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Curious

I am just curious, but do females play ofp other than avonlady here? Not that it matters, but i just wonder does ofp appeal to them as much as males?

Including themarykaylady, i know about 5 chicks that play OFP. For the most part, gaming has been a male dominated industry. But nowadays that is very different. Hell, my girlfriend is addicted to her PS2. And my best friends girlfriend will whoop anyones ass on ANY game for XBox, garunteed, she is a monster on that thing.

Girls use computers alot, but not for the same reasons guys do. Even if a few girls are into games, even fewer would be into combat oriented ones. That's just the way it is.

Pins, i know.....cos i was kicked on my ass by this gal at a cybercafe across me at a FPS game.....sheesh! She was good and i had to slink quietly outta there.

Out of my regular players, we have just one lady, though she is scarey with a LAW in her hands, and a couple of irregulars including one of my exes (who funnily enough persuaded me to dig out my dust-covered copy of Flashpoint 18 months ago and give it another try).

Edit :// and the reason she does not play regularly is because she spends 3 hours a day playing CS, poor misguided girl. wink.gif

Well, we got two girls in our squad - there are few, but they exist. The reason that there are so few girls is only in part caused by the game itself - it more those hordes of morons (= kids in puberty and adults acting like that) you encounter on many servers, I guess.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 14 2003,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are Avon Lady and Cassandra the only (active) female board members?<span id='postcolor'>

Have not seen Cassandra here for a while, since she released that female addon.

I don't know of any other (active) women here on the forum.

Females participating in games are growing in numbers though.

Lately, during CS I see more and more girls playing CS online.

There are even girls coming to LAN party events. (Even in the next LAN) biggrin.gif

Mind you, they're good looking too IMO.

And the key word there is "IMO"

Netchicks (except avon lady tounge.gif) are fking freaks 95% of the time.  All the chicks that are even 1/2way normal have other, better things to do

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (//relic// @ Jan. 14 2003,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Netchicks (except avon lady tounge.gif) are fking freaks 95% of the time.<span id='postcolor'>

/war averted

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (//relic// @ Jan. 14 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And the key word there is "IMO"

Netchicks (except avon lady tounge.gif) are fking freaks 95% of the time.  All the chicks that are even 1/2way normal have other, better things to do<span id='postcolor'>

... but this rule does not only apply to chicks but roosters as well tounge.gif

lol!..it aint the looks that kill...its the skills. Some of these gals must be taught by their dads how to use a rifle and probably from the hills of kentucky or anywhere else in the world where hunting is allowed...and i mean hunting animals, not hunting savages like us humans. tounge.gif . Whoever and whereever u are, gals, all the best, u gotta depend on yourselves to learn defence rather than sit around and wait for arnold to save u.

Well, my ex-gf sat one day besides me when I was playing the "After Montignac" mission. I was running and sneaking through a forest and when I encountered some enemies and shot them she asked me, what I was shooting at confused.gif

Another female friend of mine had the same problems, she was also not able to see enemy guys in camo crazy.gif

And I`m always playing in 1280x1024. Seems like a lot of women simply haven`t the focus to see hidden stuff or people. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">am just curious, but do females play ofp other than avonlady here?<span id='postcolor'> Me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 14 2003,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">am just curious, but do females play ofp other than avonlady here?<span id='postcolor'> Me<span id='postcolor'>

interesting...

hehe..

No but seriously... I'll show you some pictures of girls who went to the previous LAN event.

ack.. their site is down. Female clan

Their pictures were there.

Well sometimes when I go to a LAN party I see girls there...  and as you said They are really skilled... almost as skilled as me wink.gif  And whats really funny is that everytime they knife a male in counter-strike the person the knifed has to kiss them on the ass!!!

Oh and most of them are drop dead gorgeous!!!   biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 14 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I remember those girl threads of yours, loong time ago, so close enough tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 14 2003,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 14 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I remember those girl threads of yours, loong time ago, so close enough tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can't be THAT long ago, esp. if you registered back in November only wink.gif