Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Mt-lb pack release 2 !

Addonmasters from the site Desert OFP Project - Lavos Boss Marfy and Boss Sebastin Müller released new version of their MT-LB Pack ! In this pack are fixed bugs from Release No 1 and there are added  these vehicles:

ZU-23-2, MT-LB ZU-23-2, ZU-23-2 (Resistance), MT-LB ZU-23-2 (Resistance), SA-13 (Snow), SA-12 (CSLA, Snow), Garrage (Snow)

ofp.info

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

WoW! Here 2 AM... fixing a client computer, check forums and have the joy to read fighter's topic. Thanks for the news!

And about this new release I will write more later with some pics of bugs I just found but this is GREAT and amazing. The new units and changes introduced are super. Good work PSC!!!

and thank you so much for the detail changes... you know what I'm talking about hehe Now I don't have ANY complaint about the units. So happy! and the ZU23 rocks!! Like the turn sound and textures!

and about some of the bugs I found the SA-13 (Naval Infantry) have some heavy ones. The "rocket pods" don't show at all (at least here) in any lods. And the side flag still "mirrors" when you zoom out (will post pics) and when you are at gunner position in all the SA-13 versions you can see the commander sit down outside the unit ( !! ) hehe Sure the position of the commander under cargo in O2 was placed wrong...

Well now is time to sleep but what a nice end of the day with this new great release. Thanks again PSC for THE changes (now I will be a happy commander! ) and for read our feedback for the first release.

Good night!

Vik

Guest ####

Great work! The ZPU is good, I like how the guys sit in it with the one guy having his hand on the traversing wheels. The gun seems to accurate though, the round grouping is too tight. The Zoopoo AKM74 released a little back is less accurate and a bit more realistic in my opinion. Maybe the both of you could collaborate?

The buildings are great as well (garage,barracks and barrels), are they useable in wrpEdit?

Can confirm the rocket pods missing and the commander sittin in the top of the vehicle in SA-13. Otherwise absolutely amazing and the ZU-23-2 kicks ass. Maybe a quick fix for those two problems and they can sleep in peace.

I deleted the files from the server temporarily because there are indeed some serious bugs in it. Please check the Lavos webpage in a few hours to get the updated version Release 2.1!

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience wink.gif

PSC

P.S.: The gun of the ZU-23 is the same as the gun of the Shilka (firepower and accuracy). Only difference is that it does not fire a 4 bullets burst, but a 2 bullets burst. I'll leave the gun like it is for ingame-compatibility.

Find one thingie more. The ZU-23-2 has light hoverin above the gun in night time. It shouldn´t have light at all imho. And about the SA-13, the russian one still has yellow rocket pods or is it supposed to be this way. The green ones in resistance version looks much better.

God damn this is great addon, keep up the good work.

The yellow pods on the Russian SA-13 are supposed to be there! I still thing yellow looks better than green tounge.gif Only CSLA units will have green pods.

PSC

They found a bug in it and disabled the download sad.gif

Edit: I didn't notice that PSC had posted about this a lot earlier. Hangover has been playing with my mind.

Well i think we can wait couple more hours. Btw the gunner in the mt-lb ZU-23-2 version cannot be shot. I think it might be engine limitation?

hi guys :-)

We have prepared for you the download links to MT-LB Pack Release 2.1 on our page too. The first link is for Full version and the second one is for Light version of this great pack by the workshop Marfy & Sebastian Müller from the DESERT OFP PROJECT - LAVOS site

ofp.info

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

2.1 pack is here and of course I make a close look on these high quality units smile.gif

I still found some bugs... (just a report. these addons are super but I think is good to let know PSC the things I/We found for the next release... )

Pic 1 & 2 : on all or almost all SA-13 versions the hatchs disappear at soon the full LOD left the screen... Not a bad thing for delete in low LODs -better please let stay them in all lods- but is "ugly" to have them vanish in a LOD that is still "high"... Hey! and after post these pics I found that the antenna also is gone when the LOD change. Is hard to check all the little details and more in a unit that have plenty of them!!

sa13-1.jpg

sa13-2.jpg

Pic 3 :On the naval version the flag still  "mirrors" in one of the low LODs... You have to make a close look to find this but well... crazy.gif hehe and please check that the top hatchs appears once again...

sa13-3.jpg

Pic 4 & 5 : The antenna just after the high LOD disappears in all or almost all the "MT" versions... Again not a big thing for the low LODs but is "bad" that in the high ones they just vanish... (ohh! men what a hell of a UNIT!! )

mt-1.jpg

mt-2.jpg

Hope I don't bother with this. Just trying to help in some way to find little things for have a final version with almost any glitch. If I find more I will post them. MMMM...these last times I'm more in the catch for "bugs" than enjoy and play with the addons that see the light... I have to find a product testing job LOL! (well I always be like this with OF related things official and unofficial stuff, lost like all of us for this game! ) This addons are SO NICE! Thumbs up PSC!

Vik

ps: I like the neutral pic for the gunners sight wink.gif

ps2: I thought that the pic I saw of the SA-13 with the yellow pods was from a Soviet unit but I was wrong. Is from a SA-13 from India and maybe those pods are used for parade stuff... Please PSC can you post/link some of the pics you base the unit simulated? Really want to see more SA-13 but the original Soviet ones. thanks!

Here is the pic of the India SA-13...

strela-10m3_ind3.jpg

Original page with more pics right

here

GODDAMNIT I WISH MY OFP WORKED!!! crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Stupid Serial Number errors! Die!

SA6's are abit of an over kill dont you think? lol, besides, the range is hardly worth it... SA6's wouldn't have chance to turn

Damn it Vikingo! I think I filtert all of the bug's out, and then you come and tell me "here is still something", and "there is something you forgot" and spoil my good mood again... biggrin.gif

Next time if I make an addon I'll forbit that you test it biggrin.gif

Just kidding man! wink.gif Of course I'm happy if you show me some bugs that I did not find. Believe me, after a few weeks of work on that addon it's like not seeing the forest because of all the trees with the bugs. Next time if I make an addon I'll send it to you so that you can test it - and after that I can be sure that it's bug free! smile.gif

I thought I looked through all of the LOD's of the SA-13 to get rid of the mirrored flag. Seems that I did a lousy business. But now I found the fecker (in the last LOD smile.gif ).

Also I fixed the damn hatches of the driver and commander. I really don't understand why I deleted the selection names for them.

Anyways, if there will be more bugs I'll make a release 2.2. Otherwise I (and you) have to live with the bugs. Or do you prefer to download the 15 MB again for a new release without the bugs mentioned?

I uploaded a few pictures of SA-13's with yellow pods that I have.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Regards, PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Jan. 12 2003,08:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any chance we will see one of these?

kub.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Missle proxys cant be made on a rotating turret smile.gif

I think we can live with those bugs. But here´s an idea, release 2.2 with those fixes and include that great GAZ69 with it. Althought the gaz should be able to hold 6 passengers so it would add something new to game. Also pk version out of it would be neat. Well this went little offtopic, sorry.

The mt-lb is great now and if you decide not to release any updates for it i´m still happy.

PSC,

Just a thought - I have no experience of SA13 other than flying overhead some Serbian ones in 1986, but I have noticed a common thread with your pictures. They all seem to be of units either carrying out training or on parade. Could it be that yellow containers are used for DP (Dummy/ Practice) crew-training rounds? If so, then they might not be appropriate for OpFP...

Noticed that there is no reload time in ZU-23-2. When you shoot 200 rounds it continues to next ammo box immediately.

Regarding the yellow rocket pods; Could be true that these pictures are from training practices. I'm not that much into the SA-13, and also I've never seen one myself in real life.

If someone who was a crew member of one of those SA-13 would proove that yellow pods are dummy/practice pods I might be willing to change them to green. Otherwise I'll leave it yellow. I like that it adds some kind of color-ish touch to the unit.

Maybe I'll release an updated version of the MT-LB Package when we finish our next addon (whenever that will be). If the people are downloading a new addon they might be more willing to spend a few more minutes to download the update as well...

Regards, PSC

Hi there PSC!!

I enjoy SO much your reply smile.gif

Of course I will be glad, proud and happy in can make beta tests of ANY addon you build. Just send me a PV message or an email with the link to them and I will catch my "magnifiying glass" hehe and start the search and then I can send you the pics like the ones I post... wink.gif I'm sure those meshes you have there have to be heavy to dig in and check all stuff but you really did a great work!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyways, if there will be more bugs I'll make a release 2.2. Otherwise I (and you) have to live with the bugs. Or do you prefer to download the 15 MB again for a new release without the bugs mentioned?<span id='postcolor'>

Knowing me... you know the answer! biggrin.gif Other 15 Mb or 20 Mb are nothing for my phone modem hehe So I vote for the idea of release 2.2. Today I don't have to go to work and I will test all the other units and I will post other bugs if I found them...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could be true that these pictures are from training practices. I'm not that much into the SA-13, and also I've never seen one myself in real life.<span id='postcolor'>

mmmm.... Yes, now after look those pics and the others I post before I think the yellow ones have to be for practice/parade stuff! Hope a SA-13 crew or somebody will post something about them...

Maybe you can make the soviet units with green and yellow pods -that will be a nice attractive bait for make people download version 2.2 wink.gif -  Or maybe make only the Naval ones have the yellow ones -like in the amazing pics of the  naval model version you post, thanks!!-  And let the "red star" SA-13 version have green ones like the CSLA version, I must agree that they look better when you try to hide the unit close to a forest... So russian fans can have one version with each pods... But I also like the color touch -like you say- of the yellow ones hehe So... as you post the naval model version pics with yellow ones  maybe in the addon you can left ONLY that version of SA-13 (naval) with the yellow ones -practice or whatever- and all people happy. That can be a good solution. What do you think?  wink.gif  I know you always read our ideas and that is a great thing!!

If you check the movie "Behind Enemy Lines" there they fire a SA-13 and have green pods. Now I think more and more that those yellow have to be for practice or parade becuase they don't hide the unit at all in a combat situation...

Here I post a pic of that one in action (maybe F/X but looks so real)...

sa13-movie.jpg

Well PSC really thanks for your reply and patience, please release a 2.2 when you have the time and in a few hours I will post more bugs if I found them. Version 2.2 will be THE final and perfect one !! crazy.gif

Again here I wait any pre-release work you want to link me to beta-test wink.gif  Thanks PSC.  hey! so... I get the job! biggrin.gif

Vik

ps: oh! that SA6 posted can be so nice. Maybe if the missiles are locked always to the front (without any rotating turret) and the unit have to rotate fully for aim the addon can be done...  The tanks in game many times turn all to aim/fire (not just the turret) so maybe SA6 can have the missiles fixed always to the front and can be simulated in game wink.gif

Not perfect but SA6 will can be inside game...

I know other people have said it but could you please make those yellow things green look at this pic it's a russion one pic sad.gif