Keelah

Fox's Arma Server Tool Extended Rewrite (FASTER)

Is there any way to have multiple server passwords for multiple people for the same server profile?

Is there a tutorial for FASTER somewhere?

As far as I know I have everything set up correctly, but when I try to save the profile it says "12 mods were not found in the arma directory" even though it seems I manually added the mods correctly...?

Hi

Is it possible to restart/shutdown server program after mission end?(serverifya3 can do it but that program dont run x64 server

so i changed server management program from serverifya3 to FASTER,and i cant find that option)

'sup lads !

As a reminder I am NOT active on the BI forum and I advise you use the Discord server instead where we are much more active and a lot of people can help if I'm not around
(also news stuff is posted there)

On 8/25/2022 at 10:04 PM, Drumheller said:

Is there a tutorial for FASTER somewhere? 

Yup ! https://github.com/Foxlider/FASTER/wiki

And : https://github.com/Foxlider/FASTER/wiki/Setup-Guide-(1.8)

On 9/7/2022 at 12:34 PM, donpachiyarou said:

Is it possible to restart/shutdown server program after mission end?(serverifya3 can do it but that program dont run x64 server 

Nope because FASTER's code is getting old and is not compatible with scheduling features. KAST on the other end might be able to do that

On 5/16/2022 at 12:13 PM, REDNAX360 said:

Is there any way to have multiple server passwords for multiple people for the same server profile? 

Nope, arma limitations

For clarification I know nothing about managing a server. I got everything working, but when my game crashed I lost all my loadouts, keybinds, and cba mod settings. I redid everything, and am backing up my profile before every launch. My question is where do I put the addon options settings?

Hello, 

I am having an issue with File extensions.  I need to edit my file extension because I run ACRE2. 
[// FILE EXTENSIONS
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] =       {"b64","hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216) 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"b64""hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] =       {"htm","html","xml","txt"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via HTMLLoad command (since Arma 3 build 1.27.126715)
/]

When I manually Edit that into the SERVER.CFG OUTPUT it keeps getting deleted and defaulting to being empty below //HEADLESS CLIENT

Hey, hopefully this is being managed by the creator still. Have an interesting bug to report. using dev 1.9

6:22:11 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!
 6:22:14 ErrorMessage: File C:\Server_1_9_dev\Servers\_e9e3561e6c2141bd8ba16b5ecc049af7\server_config.cfg, line 13: Config: 'W' encountered instead of ','
 6:22:14 Application terminated intentionally
ErrorMessage: File C:\Server_1_9_dev\Servers\_e9e3561e6c2141bd8ba16b5ecc049af7\server_config.cfg, line 13: Config: 'W' encountered instead of ','
=======================================================
//lines from server.config 11-16//

serverCommandPassword = "serverpassword";               // Password required by alternate syntax of [[serverCommand]] server-side scripting.
logFile = "server_console.log";			// Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called
admins[] =  {
	""
};

this server config is from FASTER UI. nothing I specifically input.  Any ideas as to why?

Order of mods in profile window check is not possibile or I just don't find option for that? I need to have mods in correct order to  overwrite  some settings  of them  (TOH map elements need corect order of it), for now i see in command line that this order is depend on?? I don't know hat decide of this order at last  (date/Id/name?). 

Hey y'all

Sorry I have never answered
I don't use the BI Forums at all and just remembered it was a thing.

There is a Discord server though where loads of users share advices and help each other. I advise you look there for help or bug reports

On 9/8/2023 at 3:29 PM, h4wek said:

Order of mods in profile window check is not possibile or I just don't find option for that? I need to have mods in correct order to  overwrite  some settings  of them  (TOH map elements need corect order of it), for now i see in command line that this order is depend on?? I don't know hat decide of this order at last  (date/Id/name?).  

Load order is by default managed by Arma but you can force it. In the Profile there is a LOAD column. double click on it and you can set the order. When Importing a modlist from files, the mod order is forced according to the order in the mod file

Thanks for watching here (old date people like me prefer forum like this one - discord is too much and too fast data in one time - and hard to search on it, maybe it is only my own experience but I prefer this forum as place for share).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h4wek said:

Thanks for watching here (old date people like me prefer forum like this one - discord is too much and too fast data in one time - and hard to search on it, maybe it is only my own experience but I prefer this forum as place for share). 

I'm not a big fan of discord either. You correctly pointed out that it's hard to find information on it. It is easier to do it on the forum.

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Our Arma club has been experiencing an issue with the latest version of FASTER.  Whenever FASTER launches the first Arma3 server instance, the Windows Remote access services all crash.  If there is one Arma3 server already running, no issues with launching additional ones.  We have ruled out firewall issues, app permissions, etc.  This is happening on two separate server service providers.  The same crash also occurs when launching the FASTER app.  If FASTER is left minimized or open, no issues.