Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Game of the year 2002 for pc

My game of the year would have to be Mafia. It was just so well-written, the single player was AMAZING, and the graphics, music, sound, all portrayed the 1930's very, very well.

Best Action Game: NOLF 2, for it's humor, excellent AI, terrific graphics, and the great theme of 1960's agents. smile.gif

Best RPG: Morrowind. Even though I just got it 3 days ago, since it was released this year, it is definately the best RPG imho. Dungeon Siege is close by, but Morrowind's freedom makes it the best.

Best Expansion Pack: OFP: Resistance, since it added so much to the original OFP, and fixed SO many different things.

Since I didn't buy any flight simulators that were released this year, I didn't include that, nor do I buy sports games or racing games as well. Also, expansions don't count for the game of the year, only stand alone products do. And the games MUST have been released this year. smile.gif

I haven't played every game released in 2002, but I'd agree with you and say Mafia. That's a great game.

Resistance and American conquest are , for me , the 2 best games of the year 2002 smile.gif

I liked Mafia, but Morrowind gets my vote. There hasn't been a game since Fallout (1&2, I think of them as the same game) that has offered such a non-linear free form game.

OFP's unrivalled, my game of the year 2002 is...

...Runaway! *wishesthatgoodoldmonkeyislandtimesreturn*

2.) GTA III

3.) Jedi Knight 2

Morrowind. hundreds of hours into the game, and I'm about 3/4 finished with the main plotline, and have only explored barely half of the game world. Sheer brilliance, I just wish the damn thing wasn't quite as buggy.

For the PC... hmm...

I'm looking at my big pile of PC games, and the only two that really stand out for this year are OFP and IL2. So if its allowed, I'd vote for both of those titles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Jan. 04 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For the PC... hmm...

I'm looking at my big pile of PC games, and the only two that really stand out for this year are OFP and IL2.  So if its allowed, I'd vote for both of those titles.<span id='postcolor'>

lol, those two games were my picks for last year

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 04 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Sims Online<span id='postcolor'>

lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Jan. 03 2003,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I liked Mafia, but Morrowind gets my vote.  There hasn't been a game since Fallout (1&2, I think of them as the same game) that has offered such a non-linear free form game.<span id='postcolor'>

Fallout rulez, if you haven't played it yet GO BUY it NOW biggrin.gif

OFPR, Mafia, and i guess ill sellout and say BattleField 1942.....Its a good game just cant compare to OFP in the war sim category.

biggrin.gif

Kevin

biggrin.gif

BTW, in Morrowind, where are those ruins where that puzzle cube is in? From where do I go from Balmora? I've searched the northern areas around it, mainly near that mine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Jan. 04 2003,01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, in Morrowind, where are those ruins where that puzzle cube is in? From where do I go from Balmora? I've searched the northern areas around it, mainly near that mine.<span id='postcolor'>

Go towards fort Moonmoth. To the north of the fort there is a path running uphill that leads to a bridge across a canyon with an unfriendly mage type at the far end. Kill him and then take a right and you'll be at the entrance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 04 2003,00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 04 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Sims Online<span id='postcolor'>

lol<span id='postcolor'>

Hey man it's a pretty fun game. Oh, and the only other one that was realeased in 2002 that I actually got biggrin.gif. Don't play too many games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Jan. 04 2003,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right before you answered I downloaded the interactive map. Thanks anyways tho! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I find the map that comes in the box to be indispensable, even though it is slightly innacurate in a had-drawn sort of way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACES_KEVIN @ Jan. 04 2003,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BattleField 1942.....Its a good game-<span id='postcolor'>

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! xD

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 04 2003,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Jan. 04 2003,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right before you answered I downloaded the interactive map. Thanks anyways tho! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I find the map that comes in the box to be indispensable, even though it is slightly innacurate in a had-drawn sort of way.<span id='postcolor'>

Too bad it doesn't have everything labeled. smile.gif

Damn, I just KNEW Arkngthand would have been a cave! Why did I choose to buy a claymore (not the mine, the double handed sword)! Now I can't hold a lantern! sad.gif

Goddamn Dwemer puzzle box! Where is that stupid cube! I've been looking for such a long time, and it is nowhere to be found.

No need for saying this here, off to the Morrowind forums! smile.gif

OFP:R

GTA III

F1 2002 with GT racing mod

Morrowind would be second but it goes to 5000th because of the shitty engine, bugs and so forth

They're the only three I've enjoyed, the rest have been crappy.

BF1942 is the worst game in the world, I hate it and I hate it's stupid supporters. I suppose it comes from the fact they're all gay CS kiddies but nevermind... mad.gif

GTA: Vice City

Neverwinter Nights

Medieval: Total War

Warcraft 3

Starwas Jedi knight 2

Hitman 2

Red Faction 2

The Sims expansions

State of Emergancy

Virtual Fighter 4

Expansion pack: OFP:Restistance

Game: Mafia

I have been looking at reviews of Morrowind, I have a few questions about it,

-What is the developer support like for the community?

-I used to be a big Baldurs gate fan, will I be disappointed with this? (I was with Neverwinter Nights)

RED

Best Sp game: Mafia

Best Mp game: Battlefield1942

Best Story: Mafia

etc. etc. ... basically mafia is the best game