AZCoder

[sp_camp] Dark Tides

Loving the campaign so far, production values are insanely good, cut-scenes are seamless, just heard one of my favourite rock tracks, awesome little easter eggs are to be found if your willing to investigate.....walking down a corridor I heard a toilet getting flushed, well didn't expect this. :toilet:

Looking forward to seeing this story unfold....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hey there, are we good to post any arma anomalies we find along the way, no spoilers in regards to story, just general arma quirks that maybe haven't played out the way you planned? :icon_biggrin:  

52 minutes ago, EO said:

Hey there, are we good to post any arma anomalies we find along the way, no spoilers in regards to story, just general arma quirks that maybe haven't played out the way you planned? :icon_biggrin:  

Yeah, I expect there to be some. Every time I run through, or my playtester ran through it, weird this or that would show up. Depending on what it is, you might use spoiler tags. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

All good ^^

Spoiler

So on my way to the beach party....

Spoiler

MsK0dgF.jpg

I pretty certain this jet was supposed to take off for some flyby ambience.....anyway no biggie, and it didn't stop me having a good time when I got there...

zwPQ4Gj.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

All good ^^

Reveal hidden contents

So on my way to the beach party....

Reveal hidden contents

MsK0dgF.jpg

I pretty certain this jet was supposed to take off for some flyby ambience.....anyway no biggie, and it didn't stop me having a good time when I got there...

zwPQ4Gj.jpg

Actually I knew about that one. It flies around Altis a couple times, sometimes it will buzz the beach, then it crashes on landing. I never expected anyone to see it....

BTW I left most aircraft unlocked on purpose. I figured if you want to fly around, the bay looks nice in the daylight, why not. In fact just as I cleared the runway, that jet crashed right behind me. Close call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:15 PM, AZCoder said:

I moved all links to my personal website because this forum kept blocking my updates due to using external links (see first posting for link to my website). There I have all of the mods linked up, such as Max Women. Also, just curious, do Women at Work come from a land down under?

They used to... where people wonder "how can we sleep when our beds are burnin´" lol (this is the reboot of that aussie band, now with only baldy gals)

Hey, AZ, I´m having this nuissance: the music takes all other sound from the mission, except if there´s a cutscene... it happened on the mission at tanoa (Temple of Doom) and the beggining of the following mission (but the cutscene of the littlebird transporting Knight fella to the northern beach, the sound came back)

And the fireworks made my PC slow down to sluggish 3 fps... you´ve mentioned a girl hitting on knight...was it on this party or another one? had to interrupt the fireworks due to extreme lag so...

BTW, I almost lost the peep sex scene at Denmark´s flashback... noooice lol

Cyberpunk 2077 patch pulled me back yesterday, but tonight I´ll keep on dark tiding 😃

Cheers! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Hey, AZ, I´m having this nuissance: the music takes all other sound from the mission, except if there´s a cutscene... it happened on the mission at tanoa (Temple of Doom) and the beggining of the following mission (but the cutscene of the littlebird transporting Knight fella to the northern beach, the sound came back)

Are you running Blastcore? That's the one thing that kills FPS in some missions. The fireworks is one of those, and the big battle missions later on (Miroslavl', Moschnyi, and Livonia). Let me know.

Regarding sound, do you mean sound goes away entirely? I run the game with 100% voice/effect volume and 80% music in the game sound settings. Had a problem with music being too loud in places, and I lowered the volume on those. Try lowering the music in game settings and see if that helps, 

The flirt thing is just a very very minor easter egg at the bar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Are you running Blastcore? That's the one thing that kills FPS in some missions. The fireworks is one of those, and the big battle missions later on (Miroslavl', Moschnyi, and Livonia). Let me know.

Regarding sound, do you mean sound goes away entirely? I run the game with 100% voice/effect volume and 80% music in the game sound settings. Had a problem with music being too loud in places, and I lowered the volume on those. Try lowering the music in game settings and see if that helps, 

The flirt thing is just a very very minor easter egg at the bar.

Nope, I´m using (and maybe it could be the culpit) 

Maybe Taro8 is using functions and/or codeing similar to Blastcore =P

Effects sounds are gone (music and UI sounds remains)... shots, steps, explosions and conversations are gone, I´ve tried 100% volume, I´ve tried toggling audio channels (48/96/112/128) and nada
But if there´s a cutscene or outro the sounds are back...and I think it has happend on the other campaigns (Gambit Royale and Shadow Fall): the mission starts and it´s pitch back... I have to login on MCC and use the Virtual Arsenal to return to " normal" vision... I´ve tried this workaround to regain the sounds back, but no joy, only a cutscene brings back the effects sounds 🤔 

EUREKA! After some experiments and a hunch, I´ve nailed the culpit! I was using your other campaigns ArmA Laucher presets, so it would ALSO loads Gambit Royale and ShadowFall... once I´ve disabled both, it was all fine =P

I haven´t updated both, - ShadowFall is the 01/01/2020 version, Gambit is V3 (03/12/2019)

Tomorrow I´ll update both and try again (lost almost 2 hours making tests) - but loading JUST Dark Tides seems to workaround 😃

Cheers

• Like 2

@corporal_lib[br]  The Murr edition of Blastcore uses the Taro refractions, if I remember correctly, looks great but I get down to 3 FPS. Using an older Blastcore I don't have the problem (and no refractions).

Also I never imagined anyone would load the other campaigns at the same time. They are incompatible, older libraries. I've been working to bring them up to Dark Tides standards. I might even merge all 3 into one release, as long as it doesn't blow up my computer.

Seems that the Refractions are not the problem. I tested it, never got below 25 FPS on the fireworks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AZCoder said:

@corporal_lib[br]  The Murr edition of Blastcore uses the Taro refractions, if I remember correctly, looks great but I get down to 3 FPS. Using an older Blastcore I don't have the problem (and no refractions).

Also I never imagined anyone would load the other campaigns at the same time. They are incompatible, older libraries. I've been working to bring them up to Dark Tides standards. I might even merge all 3 into one release, as long as it doesn't blow up my computer.

Seems that the Refractions are not the problem. I tested it, never got below 25 FPS on the fireworks.

I´ll reload the Beach Party and test it again... maybe the older campaigns could be the culpit of the slugish fps at the fireworks
Anyways, the lack of sound was annoting but it is fixed lol everything else I can deal with 😃
Loved the dialog about the guy with the jetski at Miroslav (We have already crossed the Rubicon - I love this quote whenever it is used =D

Cheers

• Like 1

Checking in to say I'll be picking up the story over the weekend, I've just arrived in Tanoa....

Regarding sound, my audio settings are similar to AZC's and I haven't encountered any sound related issues so far, effects at 100% music at 70%  

I also have fps to spare (new pc) so Blastcore Murr edition sounds like a challenge I can't refuse. :rthumb:     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Checking in to say I'll be picking up the story over the weekend, I've just arrived in Tanoa....

Regarding sound, my audio settings are similar to AZC's and I haven't encountered any sound related issues so far, effects at 100% music at 70%  

I also have fps to spare (new pc) so Blastcore Murr edition sounds like a challenge I can't refuse. :rthumb:     

The guy working on Murr is pretty cool, he fixed the campfires so they are no longer infernos, great looking blast waves too. Sometimes when I run it the FPS is still 20+ but I have trouble aiming, my dude is slow to respond, kind of jerky. These things happen in the middle of the campaign, Moschyni through Livonia (the big battles). And sometimes the FPS will bottom out.

• Thanks 1

As far as I played this is top tier content!!!

One bug: Operator is equipped with AAF UAV terminal - you cannot open terminal and connect it to darter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

As far as I played this is top tier content!!!

One bug: Operator is equipped with AAF UAV terminal - you cannot open terminal and connect it to darter.

That was fixed and pushed to Steam yesterday (99% certain) :)    Funny thing is I forgot that I had a UAV in there most of the time and only tested it on Pecher where in fact I did have the right UAV LOL.

And thanks for the comments!

• Like 1

I pushed another update. Mainly it was a total refactoring of how I handled scripting in the 6th mission New Management. I've had several reports of crashes in one area of the map. I cannot recreate it and my test player had no crashes, so I did the next best thing and cleaned up the scripting the best I can.

Also, it may be too early to ask this, but is there any interest in seeing a Gates of ARMAgeddon Complete Edition? I could merge all 3 campaigns into one. Of course it might melt a few PCs. At any rate, I am working on updates to Gambit Royale first which will take a few more weeks, and then Shadow Fall which will see the most changes.

• Like 2

Seems i’m out of luck. After the first cut scene i get the black screen. Can hear the footsteps when moving. I even see the world after saving and loading but no tasks are created and NPCs are static. Pretty sure I have all the mods, I would get some error otherwise. 

You have the bug fix update from a couple hours earlier?

Also if you have Shadow Fall loaded, unload it.

I can't look at it again for several days.