Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Ofp combat photography. No pics over 100kb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Mar. 25 2003,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are no plug ins or special things done in any of those pics.

Presumably in the 2nd and 3rd pics he slowed time down a lot to be able to see the rocket

and in the 1st pic he probably set the view distance on full.<span id='postcolor'>

He means the old movie effect...

Its from Van Der Lee

http://www.v-d-l.com/adrenaline_oldmovie.html

Jamesia you seem to misunderstand alot of things

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 25 2003,20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jamesia you seem to misunderstand alot of things

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No i dont...... i just see things in a deeper meaning than other people do........ confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Mar. 25 2003,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 25 2003,20wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jamesia you seem to misunderstand alot of things

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No i dont...... i just see things in a deeper meaning than other people do........  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Marcus, your first pic was very nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Mar. 24 2003,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm. Reminds me of that pic of this chinese dude who got in front of the tanks.<span id='postcolor'>

The slaughter at Tieneman square were chinese protesters were fired upon by the PLA. The picture of the man standing in front of the tank is quite famous. Unfortunatly, the day after the square massacre, he was executed I beleive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tieman square <span id='postcolor'> Yea as some of you guys said it does remind of that incident smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Mar. 25 2003,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 25 2003,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jamesia you seem to misunderstand alot of things

<!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No i dont...... i just see things in a deeper meaning than other people do........  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No Jamesia, you really just don't understand a lot of things...  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

RAF4.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Mar. 25 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marcus, your first pic was very nice.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks. I love view distance!

Its just a shame my PIII 850 cannot play like that, still I am getting a Canterwood board when they come out so 1GB ram and a 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB should be great.

Anyway - a few more photos

Everon Valley

everon_valley_medium.jpg

1600*1200 Original

Nogova North Coast at Sunrise - A bit dark, but shows terrain well

nogova_northcoast_medium.jpg

1600*1200 Original

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Mar. 25 2003,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway - a few more photos<span id='postcolor'>

Nice again, I gotta play around a bit with viewdistance too smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 26 2003,07:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Go to the options menu>graphics>then use slider to go up or down<span id='postcolor'>

Only if you have OFP: Resistance or the GOTY Edition.

In OFP CWC, you'll have to create a mission and just put this in the player unit's INIT line:

this SetViewdistance nnnn

nnnn is the number of meters.

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 26 2003,06wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 26 2003,07:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Go to the options menu>graphics>then use slider to go up or down<span id='postcolor'>

Only if you have OFP: Resistance or the GOTY Edition.

In OFP CWC, you'll have to create a mission and just put this in the player unit's INIT line:

this SetViewdistance nnnn

nnnn is the number of meters.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, in CWC a very usefull line in init.sqs is

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setViewDistance benchmark<span id='postcolor'>

This sets the view disance to the benchmark of your computer (mainly due to processor), so players with a more powerful computer see further (better experience), but those with lesser hardware (like me at the moment) see less far.

Equaly usefull is a trigger which detects the units height and increases the view distance accordingly, so when you are in an A10 you can see much further than when you are on the ground, as in real life.

Note this only applies in Single Player Games, in MP games the server sets the viewDistance.

By the way, can you get becnhmarks of more than 5000 at the moment?

My most powerfull PC at the moment is a P4 1.7Ghz and that gives ~3500, so I guess a 3.06 GHz would be higher than 5000.

More of my photos can be seen in this thread - Thread about speed of movement. - They are of a BAS Desert Ranger demonstrating methods of movement.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Mar. 26 2003,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, can you get becnhmarks of more than 5000 at the moment?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Seen these reported often.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 26 2003,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Mar. 26 2003,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, can you get becnhmarks of more than 5000 at the moment?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Seen these reported often.<span id='postcolor'>

Makes me cry with my 1300 confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Mar. 26 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you mean that you get 1300 points? I get around 1500 with my good old duron 700mhz  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea on my Pentium III 850 MHz, it moves between 1300 and 1600.

On my Laptop I get 3400 - 3600, and it has a GF4 420 Go graphics card so OFP is very playable, but I do not have access to it most of the time.

My desktop (850 MHz) has a GF4 4200 Graphics card though so I play at 1600*1200 with no speed diference comared to 1024*768.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Mar. 26 2003,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On my Laptop I get 3400 - 3600, and it has a GF4 420 Go graphics card so OFP is very playable<span id='postcolor'>

That's about what I have on my Dell Lattitude C840. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 26 2003,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Mar. 26 2003,16wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On my Laptop I get 3400 - 3600, and it has a GF4 420 Go graphics card so OFP is very playable<span id='postcolor'>

That's about what I have on my Dell Lattitude C840. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Mine is a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 with 1.7GHz P4m and 512MB RAM.

Anyway, Avon, with your laptop do you get really bad graphics issues e.g. People heads showing through their helmets, gun textures not showing properly - transpaernt etc.

It must only be on GF4 Go 4xx processors as I have not seen it on my GF4 4200 TI card in my desktop. I am runnin 29.something drivers, are there later ones you know of?

My desktop is running 43.00 but the Mobile (Go) family uses different drivers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Mar. 26 2003,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, Avon, with your laptop do you get really bad graphics issues e.g. People heads showing through their helmets, gun textures not showing properly - transpaernt etc.<span id='postcolor'>

I had that when running OFP CWC on my earlier Thinkpad PIII 700mhz, with 128MB RAM and an 8MB Savage S3 graphics chip.

On the Dell, I have absolutely no problemos. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It must only be on GF4 Go 4xx processors as I have not seen it on my GF4 4200 TI card in my desktop. I am runnin 29.something drivers, are there later ones you know of?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe that's your problem. I have been running standard Detonator drivers from Nvidia (not the old drivers that Dell still list on their support site) since shortly after I received this notebook last July.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 25 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he blackdog , wich plugin u used for that effect ??<span id='postcolor'>

I acept defeat on this point.

I thought that he was refering to the person who posted above with the beautiful pictures.

Im sorry.

Today i do a trial of my new capturing prog "Grabber-2K" from what i hear it's great. Expect some nice photos soon.