Sign in to follow this  
Gollum1

Sigma-6 t-90 & t-72 pack

From Opflashpoint.org:

"Hey, Wolf! In the next few days, I'll be releasing my T-72 / T-90 pack,

This is clipped from the readme for my pack:

T72b, T72M1, Serb M84 and T90 by Sigma-6

These are entirely new models. They are much more dimensionally accurate than the original game T72. They can be found in the editor under East Armour.

Included:

T72M1:

This is a standard early version T-72 used by Russia and many of her export partners for many years, including Iraq, during the Gulf War. The T72M1 is one of the most prolific and ubiquitous pieces of kit in the world. This is also what the T72 that shipped with OFP was supposed to simulate. This model is far more accurate.

T72B W/ Kontakt ERA

This is a late-model T72, introduced in the 1980s, it has the turet roof boron plate extended and thickened, the forward turret armour has been expanded, and among many other modifications is the addition of Explosive Reactive Armour boxes applied by the Regiments. As the T72s, the T72B is the current export version of the T72, and is supplied for export by Rosoboronexport.

Serb M84

Licensed for production in Serbia by Russia, this is a heavily modified T72M1, the most obvious modifications being improved optics, fire control, and the addition of an NBCW sniffer mast.

T90

The holy grail of this collection is the T90, provided here near as gameplay will allow to its export version, T90S. The T90 is the latest MBT in Russia's arsenal (with the possible exception of prototypes like 'Black Eagle'wink.gif. Based on the T72 chassis, features include the SHTORA countermeasures system, Kontakt 5 ERA, a greatly improved armour package all round, and the ability to fire ATGMs from the main gun barrel.

From Sigma 6."

T-90: http://www.opflash.org/wolf/T90.jpg

Serb M84: http://www.opflash.org/wolf/M84.jpg

T-72B: http://www.opflash.org/wolf/t72b.jpg

Delicious! Finally some realistic, modern Russian tanks!

I hope the smoke deployers work.

Can´t wait to kick some Abrams a** with that T-90! tounge.gif

Please discuss.

and it drives great tounge.gif

its a great piece of work Sigma-6 did!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Dec. 02 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4B50LU731Y 1337!!!!!111<span id='postcolor'>

Eeh...

My words exactly. wink.gif

Bah!, I was just about to mention it.

The tanks are part of the 'Operation Northstar' mod. The mods goal is to make Canadian weapons, vehicles, and troops for OFP.

The Mod's website is: OperationNorthstar.com

In the works is the 'Eryx' AT launcher, the C3 sniper rifle, and much more.

Check out the site.

Tyler

Wow nice looking pictures. Looking forward to those. For me they would look even better if they the HMG (heavy machine gun) on top of the turret in the transport position (backwards on T72 & M84 and forwards on the T90) like on these pictures.

pic. 1 T-72

Pic. 2 T-72

Pic. 3 M84

Pic. 4 M84

Pic. 5 T-90

Pic. 6 T-90

Dont want them to work just to be there. Can remember from my army time that those HMG's was one of the recognistion signs off east block battle tanks, so would be nice if those where added.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 02 2002,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont want them to work just to be there. Can remember from my army time that those HMG's was one of the recognistion signs off east block battle tanks, so would be nice if those where added.<span id='postcolor'>

You can't have two machineguns. So, theres only a coaxial, and if wouldnt really make sense if you put that HMG on the tank, if you couldnt use it.

It'd still look more realistic. They could also have all the MG fire coming from the HMG on top like in the OPGWC M109.

Great units!

I'm 100% agree with this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For me they would look even better if they the HMG (heavy machine gun) on top of the turret in the transport position (backwards on T72 & M84 and forwards on the T90) like on these pictures.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah! We must have the heavy machine guns on top of the turrets!

and I don't agree with this reason :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't have two machineguns. So, theres only a coaxial, and if wouldnt really make sense if you put that HMG on the tank, if you couldnt use it. <span id='postcolor'>

That was why BIS take them out from the T72 before the release of the game sad.gif But now is the BIG chance to can finally have them back for the soviets. Doesn't matter if you can't use them PLEASE Sigma add them just for a decorative and realism touch.

Please check this OLD MPG video taked from the T72 unit of the game in the way it look with the NSV 12,7 mm added over turret. I think it look much more "powerfull" with it.

Download the video right here (800 k) and then tell me wink.gif The tank transforms in THE TANK with the NSV over the turret.

Please add the machine guns over the turrets!! The ones that want this also please "vote" here.  Hope our words will be finally listen. This is a big chance to have a very different and superior T72 for the game if this can be added.

Thanks!

Vikingo

Alright. I'll do it.

But it takes me away from modeling my Chinese Type 98. . . (lol)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Dec. 03 2002,06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alright. I'll do it.<span id='postcolor'>

Great smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hold on to your helmets.

It releases tonight, and the NSV is on it.

There will be as follows in the pack:

T72M1

T72B w/ Kontakt ERA

Camouflaged T72B w/ Kontakt ERA

M84

M84A4 Snajper

T90

I'm hoping people will do retextures of these, as perhaps winter versions and desert versions. . . a desert version of that T72M1 would go very well in an Iraq mission, and of course, Kuwait has some M84s. . .

The download will be available at OpFlashpoint.org. . . we'll have it at Northstar, but we'd prefer you use mirrors, because we'll lose our site to too much traffic. . .

so keep your eyes peeled, it'll be up soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Dec. 03 2002,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It releases tonight, and the NSV is on it.<span id='postcolor'>

NOOOOO it feels like christmas!!! wow.gifwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ Dec. 03 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You dislike Christmas ?  mad.gif  tounge.gif  JESUS-HATER wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I´ll rephrase it:

AAARRGGHH it feels like christmas!

The AAARRGGHH or "NOOO" part is just a...sound, if you will, something that expresses my current state of mind, eh? wink.gif

And I like christmas, but I DO dislike organized religion...

Hope that cleared things up... smile.gif

WOOOHOOOAAA  SIGMA-6 !!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alright. I'll do it.<span id='postcolor'>

THANK YOU!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It releases tonight, and the NSV is on it.<span id='postcolor'>

Those words are sweet news for many of us. Finally the NSV over T72  GREAT!! GREAT!!!  Right now I´m at work and I can´t jump but when I arrive home I will do it and I hope the units are ready for download.  So great news and thank you again Sigma-6! this was a very waited thing for me believe  me hehe and greetings to all the others that agree with the idea of the NSV over turrets. So happy right now!!

CHau!

Vik

ps: so... something like this is comming for the game! Great. Don't have to add that I like SO much this pic...

1649638.cecenija_rusai33.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 02 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The tanks are part of the 'Operation Northstar' mod. The mods goal is to make Canadian weapons, vehicles, and troops for OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif The Canadians use russian tanks!?

Russian tanks at the US border, McCarthy beware... tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

No, Canadians do not use Russian tanks, but the Canadian Leopard tanks we released have realistic armour and weapons, and so they needed something to shoot at that was actually a challenge. . . (The game tanks are woefully unrealistic)

Sorry about the delay, folks. . . we're trying to release about twenty new things right now. . .

Serious?? Those Canadians have realistic armor??? wow.gif

Cool, I thought they hadn't. (downloading...) By the way, does this mean that the Russian tank have realistic armor and stuff too?

Yeah, it does. They also have realistic APFSDS, HEAT, and HE-Frag rounds, as well as Refleks missiles.

In fact, the pack includes a set of realistic M1a1 and M1A2 tanks using BIS' model that use the current and Gulf War era American 'Silver Bullet' APFSDS rounds.

I've also added an Iraqi T72M1.

It's coming out tonight, this time for real. . . I swear.

Bear in mind, the tanks that shipped with the game are not only set up to make gameplay 'more fun', but are also supposed to be 1985 era. The SABOT (APFSDS) rounds for the 105mm, 120mm, and 125mm guns are teriffically underpowered. Our Canadian Leopards, like their BWmod German equivalents, try to accurately model current systems, and you'll find that with this new pack installed, they're seriously put in their place by superior tanks.