Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Still wonder why it was sunk... RIP to the dead

my statement didnt ask for a debate on the subject, i just found it to be a strange coincidence.

my statement didnt ask for a debate on the subject, i just found it to be a strange coincidence.

Analyse what I posted maybe? wink_o.gif

not specifically you, but it read (in my eyes) to be a springboard for the usual debates on the subject, perhaps i should have considered my comment on the matter originally. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

i must say tho, you lot at FLK have been keepin the argie stuff very quiet compared to the british... any particular reason?

Not really an particular reason, they are receiving the same attention in the mod as the British stuff.

why it was sunk its a question not for this topic but still its a good question and i dont know the answer...

so less move on!

My hat is off to you guys. You are really doing some great work. In terms of your add-on makers recruiting efforts. Would you consider posting a list of the add-ons needed. Then possibly, individual add-on makers could contribute add-ons they may already have or they could contribute generic add-ons to you and you could put the "Falklands Mod touch," on them. This may solve your problem, as some add-ons makers are better at creating planes or ships, etc. Anyway, just a thought. Good Luck!  whistle.gif

All I can say is big big thanks for CSJ and his Kayak animation, this has made these far more than just a visual..

OFP3104.jpg

OFP3105.jpg

As for what we need I will be making a list up soon..

Fine smile_o.gif

Hope we see more about the Mod next time.

Keep it up. wink_o.gif

hehe nice looking kajaks! thumbs-up.gif

its fun when mods add civilian and misc stuff that can be used to enhance and add variety to the islands and any ways smile_o.gif

just a funny question but how much armor does the kajaks have? Like the civilian cars or maybe a jeep? biggrin_o.gif

The armour is the same as whatever CSJ had it set too, and in this case they actaully had quite an important military role

That man again....

WIP image

OFP3122.jpg

AND yes I already haev the bow doors, left off to give the ship more identity in the picture

Really looking forward to seeing that ship fully functioning on my PC. biggrin_o.gif

Mini Update...

OFP3125.jpg

OFP3127.jpg

OFP3128.jpg

OFP3129.jpg

OFP3130.jpg

OFP3131.jpg

In case anyone is wondering why there is little else other than ships here's a simple reason.  For over 2 years I been doing both ships and terrains, currently I have 2 very very nice guys working on terrains, this has freed up lots of time for me and I going full steam!  This is faster than the rest of the mod who are still quite active, from which I hope to have images from in the near future

Can you enlighten us (me) if the loading we see there is scripted and to what degree or is it all done with human players? I fear AI would have their pinheads explode trying to figure out how to load vehicles on a ship devoid of programmed scripts.

No, wait and see? OK.

wink_o.gif

Can you enlighten us (me) if the loading we see there is scripted and to what degree or is it all done with human players? I fear AI would have their pinheads explode trying to figure out how to load vehicles on a ship devoid of programmed scripts.

Just what I was thinking. I would love to see the vehicles driving one by one of the ship through the water and then on the beaches smile_o.gif

Ship looks superb thumbs-up.gif

Currently there is NO scripting for this ship (although there will eventually be to tie the bow doors and ramp together!wink_o.gif

I do however suspect that AI as said will not enjoy driving on the ship and its beyond my abilites todo so, and also beyond the mods requirements. So far all my ships really suffer from this but I dont think anyone else has managed it either (now theres a challenge!wink_o.gif.

This however does not distract from the human usage.

I will hoever do my best to ensure that there is a good pathway lod so that AI can at least walk around.

This will include areas on both the main helo pad and the mid deck spot to allow disembarkation and embarkation to helicopters

Cool and thanks.

So someone to step up to a load and unload script then!