Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

AR = Armalite

Edit:

The guys who employed Eugene Stoner, who developed the AR-10 and 15. The designs were then sold to COlt who developed the M-16A1.

So if I get a Tokyo Marui M16A2 ((or A1) because they are the cheapest AEG's I see) would that be a good rifle? Are tat companies guns good? I just want something good and can shoot straight biggrin_o.gif ... and prefeable get some handling practice before I join the Marines tounge_o.gif

yeah Classic Army sells their models with full metal bodies. TM's are made of plastic, but they're cheaper.

TM M4A1: US$213.00

CA M4A1: US$235.00

TM M16A2: US$203.00

CA M16A3: US$252.00

taken from WGC shop.

But on the whole TM sells their rifles in a package and has a wider range of models. I don't think their rifles are crap or tend to have a bad quality.

$33ker @ Aug. 07 2003,17:58)]yeah Classic Army sells their models with full metal bodies. TM's are made of plastic, but they're cheaper.

taken from WGC shop.

But on the whole TM sells their rifles in a package and has a wider range of models. I don't think their rifles are crap or tend to have a bad quality.

This is what bothers me, why make a gun with a full metal body when the real-steel version is made of plastic? Same goes for the all-metal mp5s. Or does the full-metal only apply to gearboxes and machinery, and not the actual grips, hangles, etc?

I guess I should post this, it is a interesting study on accuracy and velocity with certian wieghted bbs (.20,.25,.30)

Accuracy

So if I get a Tokyo Marui M16A2 ((or A1) because they are the cheapest AEG's I see) would that be a good rifle?  Are tat companies guns good?  I just want something good and can shoot straight  biggrin_o.gif ... and prefeable get some handling practice before I join the Marines  tounge_o.gif

I would not recommend the Tokyo Marui M16A2, because the construction of the barrel is very "wobbly" and tends to break if ur not careful enough. This is also with the TM M4A1 and M16A1 (VN).

I really suggest you get the CA M15A4 rifle as it resembles the M16A2 most. smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Aug. 07 2003,17:58)]yeah Classic Army sells their models with full metal bodies. TM's are made of plastic, but they're cheaper.

taken from WGC shop.

This is what bothers me, why make a gun with a full metal body when the real-steel version is made of plastic? Same goes for the all-metal mp5s. Or does the full-metal only apply to gearboxes and machinery, and not the actual grips, hangles, etc?

be cause plastic breaks easy unless its the good stuff and the prices in that quote seem cheap compared to UK ones.

Ahhh I see. If I can't get the M16 I want, I'm looking secondly at an HK style AEG.

I'm looking at the TM G36C or the CA M4 carbine.  I am hoping the shop has a way to try them out before purchase, so I can get a feel for them and make my decision from there.

Plus they have a shop that sells all the clothes and other gear that I'll need, so I should come back from vacation in October fully set up to play Airsoft. w00t

So if I get a Tokyo Marui M16A2 ((or A1) because they are the cheapest AEG's I see) would that be a good rifle?  Are tat companies guns good?  I just want something good and can shoot straight  biggrin_o.gif ... and prefeable get some handling practice before I join the Marines  tounge_o.gif

I would not recommend the Tokyo Marui M16A2, because the construction of the barrel is very "wobbly" and tends to break if ur not careful enough. This is also with the TM M4A1 and M16A1 (VN).

I really suggest you get the CA M15A4 rifle as it resembles the M16A2 most.  smile_o.gif

This can be solved by ordering a one-piece barrell for about $30. Easy to install and solves the problem. Read the airsoft forums for tips, instructions and further useful information.

Oh, also, there are several metal bodies available for TM Armalite family rifles, they are made by Systema and Hurricane and aren't all that expensive either, unless you foolishly pay someone to install it for you.

I'm looking at the TM G36C or the CA M4 carbine.  I am hoping the shop has a way to try them out before purchase, so I can get a feel for them and make my decision from there.

Plus they have a shop that sells all the clothes and other gear that I'll need, so I should come back from vacation in October fully set up to play Airsoft. w00t

Warin, from what I've read on the airsoft forums, CA Armalites are shite. You're better off buying the TM and just doing routine maintenance to keep the barrel tight, or just replacing it with a one piece aftermarket barrel. Upgrade to a metal body if you must as well, though I hear the stock TM's are quite durable and the upgrade is more for show than anything else.

From all the old timers on Red Wolf's board, they say anyone who can't perform basic maintenance on their TM barrel needs to hit themselves in the head with a tackhammer for being completely and totally mechanically inept.

Warin, from what I've read on the airsoft forums, CA Armalites are shite.  You're better off buying the TM and just doing routine maintenance to keep the barrel tight, or just replacing it with a one piece aftermarket barrel.  Upgrade to a metal body if you must as well, though I hear the stock TM's are quite durable and the upgrade is more for show than anything else.

From all the old timers on Red Wolf's board, they say anyone who can't perform basic maintenance on their TM barrel needs to hit themselves in the head with a tackhammer for being completely and totally mechanically inept.

LOL! Well, I dont have that problem. I've been tearing things apart (and putting them back together in working order) since I was a little kid.

For cool factor, I dont think the G36c can be beat. But there is also a LOT of add-ons for the TM M4. It's just such a nightmare. I am hoping that getting to hold a few and maybe even test firing them will help me decide.

Can you PM me links for some of the better forums you've read? I am too lazy to search and wade through all the shite smile_o.gif

Sure, I'll PM you.  I'm saving up for an SR16 with an aimpoint on the rail and an AN-PEQ2 on the foregrip.

Actually, here are some links for everyone here:

Redwolf Airsoft

Redwolf's forum

Den Trinity

Airsoft Extreme

UN Company - Absolutely Bitchin' custom guns!

Airsoft Arizona Newbie FAQ

Airsoft Retreat Forum

Planet Airsoft Forum  (Very Good)

<a href="http://www.airsoft-guide.com/default.asp?

view=66&ad=2" target="_blank">Fixing TM barrel wobble</a>

Aftermarket fixes for barrel wobble

There was another great article on aftermarket barrel upgrades I read once, but google didn't turn it up tonight.  Try searching under "barrel wobble" for more on this.  There are also a lot of reviews comparing the TM and CA armalites.  TM wins hands down in nearly every one of them, although I hear the new CA's coming out are vastly improved, so who knows?

CA Armalites are shite.  

not the M15A4 series... they have a thick barrel from stock.. and a 300 round high cap is included. ;)

by the way.. they're cheaper than a TM M16A2 upgraded with a thicker barrel and 350FPS.

CA M15A4 rifle.

CA-M15A4-L.jpg

Looks like an M16A2, doesn't it Harnu? ;)

yes but it's an A4 because you can take off the carrying handle and have a flat top upper reciever to mount scopes or other sights on it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is what bothers me, why make a gun with a full metal body when the real-steel version is made of plastic? Same goes for the all-metal mp5s. Or does the full-metal only apply to gearboxes and machinery, and not the actual grips, hangles, etc?

I think full metal body means that the reciever, the barrel, and the gearbox are mare of metal instead of plastic. the others may correct me here, but I think those rifles have a higher metal content that the usual AEGs.

If I were you guys, I'd wait until this came out

http://www.airsoftelite.com/images/BPAG/m4a1.jpg

Airsoft Elite M4A1 coming soon

They say sometime this month but I don't know.

I could see you hiding in a bush a mile away with that shiny chrome. smile_o.gif

Just a warning to anyone thinking about buying Classic Army: Do NOT buy their MP5s, they are the biggest pieces of shit you could waste money on. Many poor folks here in my local aisofting group had them at one time or another, and they continuously fell apart or broke in some way. The quality control for them is very poor, although their Armalite series of guns do not suffer from these problems.

CA Armalites are shite.  

not the M15A4 series... they have a thick barrel from stock.. and a 300 round high cap is included. ;)

by the way.. they're cheaper than a TM M16A2 upgraded with a thicker barrel and 350FPS.

CA M15A4 rifle.

p><p>Looks like an M16A2, doesn

It's just not the same!  http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/sad_o.gif' alt='sad_o.gif'>

tounge_o.gif

How do you replace a barrel anyway? I can pay for some scrap steel/iron and probably get my brother to roll it into a small piple/barrel style for me.

Is there anything special that a homemade barrel would require??

Airsoft barrels are precision machined for maximum velocity of the bb as it exits, so unless your brother is a damned good machinist and has access to high grade metals like titanium etc.., I don't think he's gonna be able to do it.

Metal bodies on the Airsoft guns are only the recievers and dustcovers, selector switches etc...  They are made of all metal instead of some plastic as on the stock guns.

Here are some bodies as an example:

<a href="http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?

subcatid=127" target="_blank">Metal recievers from UN Company</a>

Oh, Necromancer, those are the new CA armalites I was referring to when I heard that the latest models were vastly improved. biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Goddamn these links! crazy_o.gif Go to accessories and then metal bodies, since it won't link directly. mad_o.gif

Take a chunk of steel. Throw it on the drill press. Get the right sized hole into there. Put it onto a lathe and round that sucker out.

If it needs to have a smoother exit, I'll grease it up before I use it tounge_o.gif

Take a chunk of steel.  Throw it on the drill press.  Get the right sized hole into there.  Put it onto a lathe and round that sucker out.

If it needs to have a smoother exit, I'll grease it up before I use it  tounge_o.gif

Good luck! tounge_o.gif

Well I ordered my G36C. For all you Americans out there, I got a great deal ($50 cheaper than anywhere else I saw) for the G36C starter kit. Check out Airsoft GI.

well i went to the site anyway and damn t he spare parts are expensive i looked at the engines and barreels and their like $50 a piece wow_o.gif

You might want to spend the cash on a mechbox upgrade. From what I've read, this is usually the first thing to crap out on stock AEG's. Replace it when it does, but let the one with the plastic internals wear out first. No sense fixing what ain't broke yet! smile_o.gif