Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

there was an airsoft site which I once found through google. you could chose a stock TM HK/Armalite/AK/MP5 model and customize it in any possible way (make an AK 47 look like an AK 74, or Dragunov). does someone know the url, or have a link to this site? I can't find it again... sad_o.gif

Has anyone here have experience with he VZ 61 Skorpion? I am looking for a decent sidearm and I think a Skorpion would be something rather special in a world full of Glocks and MAC11s.

mz-vz61_big.jpg

It has some flaws, but they are correctable, and advoidable with responsible owners.

Kalashnikov.jpg

Just some of my gear, thought I would post it. Now it is time to get some shuteye. smile_o.gif

Some places here in the USA, anything like pellet guns, or paintball guns, etc... are illegal.But not here in Colorado.New York City and surrounding areas, New Jersey, Michigan, Philadelphia PA or Chicago IL. its illegal.

Uh Ooops I live in MI and we honor every ones concieled weapons permtis. So how exactly was I able to buy a Paintball gun and paintballs from a store legaly? rock.gif Or was that a missprint on the end? Also where is a good place to buy airsoft? and I have had a PB gun discharge on my foot at point blank so for less pain should I go with airsoft? Are the guns cheaper to buy than PB guns? I bought a brass eagal PBg for like 89 US dollars on sale. I am begining to thin that was a bad mistake. So Is airsoft cheaper and funner than PB and am I better off selling my PB gun and buying airsoft? Help me Mum would play airsoft she doesn't like PB for the fact the guns are wierd.

biggrin_o.gif i found some funny store which has a weird sa80 and a the gansters tommy  gun but their only springers sad_o.gif

Theres the  gas uzi which is a bit expensive for i  have seen t hhem  at £99 before.

http://www.phoenixguns.co.uk/sell/airsoft-machine-guns.htm#top

You guys pay seriously too much for what you get. I can get that Micro UZI with 2 cans of gas and 2 extra mags for 150 american. The beta spetznaz is the same same number as one in america would cost, yet we are in dollars and you are in pounds which is almost double of us. Do airsofters in England realize they are being ripped off? mad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif i found some funny store which has a weird sa80 and a the gansters tommy  gun but their only springers sad_o.gif

Theres the  gas uzi which is a bit expensive for i  have seen t hhem  at £99 before.

http://www.phoenixguns.co.uk/sell/airsoft-machine-guns.htm#top

You guys pay seriously too much for what you get. I can get that Micro UZI with 2 cans of gas and 2 extra mags for 150 american. The beta spetznaz is the same same number as one in america would cost, yet we are in dollars and you are in pounds which is almost double of us. Do airsofters in England realize they are being ripped off?   mad_o.gif

doh somethins screwed up my  post sad_o.gif i meant to say that  i`ve seen the micro uzi at 99 pounds  before they`re  usually at 130 though and yeah most things  overhere are more expensive   crazy_o.gif

$17 sounds quite cheap for a spring  gun  but it  may turn out crap although its  beter than spending 30 quid on it then  a few months  later  it  breaking  tounge_o.gif

I noticed this  on the site

Quote[/b] ]WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Air Pistols. All Air Pistols are shipped UPS and require an adult signature upon delivery.

WARNING: Air Pistols cannot be shipped to California, Connecticut, Chicago, Delaware, IL Metro Area, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Canada or Virgin Islands. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Air Pistols.

Are airsoft in the same catagory as airguns over there or  is  it just a stupid website and why can`t they ship them to those states?

No thier arn't any restrictoins here in MI and these people don't wan't to be sued just like us addon makers. crazy_o.gif

In MI we hounar all US concieled weapons permits and have good laws. And AIR guns CAN be discharded on CITY limits. smile_o.gif

But since I am on hte edge of town no problems when I PB the wood shed. biggrin_o.gif

I am sorry I did not post this earlier, but three weeks ago I was in a huge airsoft operation.

sneakybanner.jpg

Operation Sneaky devil follows the TASO Range War storyline. We had over 120 people show up for the operation.

Pics:

14opsd-007-med.jpg

---

3DSC00048-med.jpg

---

3groupnosmoke-med.jpg

---

3commanders-med.jpg

---

843OPSD21-med.jpg

---

843OPSD16-med.jpg

More pictures can be found here.

Ah yes, and a two hour long movie!

Small version (120mb)

Large Version (600mb)

The larger version is higher quality. Bandwith is good shouldn't take too long to down load. Right-Click and save target as if you need too.

Enjoy smile_o.gif

Koolkid said:

Quote[/b] ]I'd rather not revieve an old topic. As everyone in Vermont starts playing airsoft I'm thinkin of playing too, all I know that I need a mask, do I get a spring gun, a gas gun, or an AEG. Can someone with experiance give me advice? Also what do the M-203 grenade launchers do on the airsoft guns?? Thank you

P.S how much does it hurt? Anything like a paintball? The AEGs seem more expensive.

This is where I'm looking at

http://www.uncompany.com/

Edit: Get an AEG. Most everyone who plays Airsoft has one and most playing fields require it. Get a gas or spring pistol to back it up, if you want.

To get into Airsoft isn't terribly expensive. There are starter kits out there available for pretty cheap. Everything you need besides eye protection is included in those kits.

I myself have only just recently got into the hobby - I bought a  G36C starter kit. My brother just got an AK-47S the other day and now we're just waiting to get his battery, extra magazines, recharger and ammo in the mail (he bought the gun by itself on Ebay).

So while I haven't played an organized game yet, my brother and I have gone out and shot each other with my gun and it stings, but it's not too bad. Take the same basic precautions you would with paintball - thick clothes, eye protection (face protection is optional in Airsoft, though I'd recommend a standard paintball mask just because those BBs can leave welts on your cheek or lips) and you'll be fine. I got hit on my bare hands at about 20 feet and it wasn't too bad - whereas I once had the same thing with a paintball and it broke skin, leaving me with a long-lasting bruise.

What really attracted me to Airsoft, while all my friends were just starting to get into paintball was, actually, my first paintball experience. I didn't care for it. Playing with your friends, none of whom have super-expensive guns or anything, is fun, but if you can't get a big enough group together you have to play with walk-ons. Invariably, you'll get one or two walk-ons who are practically paintball professionals. They spend thousands of dollars on their guns, gear and paint and play nearly every week. Natually, these guys dominate the entire paintball match. They have auto-loading, high-capacity hoppers, butterfly triggers, and enough ammo to shoot damn near non stop.

With Airsoft, on the other hand, if you have an AEG you're practically on-par with everyone else out there, equipment wise. An AEG M-4 is not very different from an AK or a G-36. Sure there are upgrades out there, but from what I understand, it's pretty rare to see people with upgraded guns that make a big difference. Compare that to paintball - you and your friends with rental guns going up against those semi-pros with their own uniforms and the $1000 guns.

And the BEST thing about Airsoft is that after your initial investment, it's dirt cheap. 3000 rounds of ammo is $15-25. A bag of 1000 paintballs (or is it 500?) goes for the same amount - and chances are you'll probably break some of those.

That, and the guns look really, really cool. I mean, they look real. How much fun would it be to run around the woods with your friends shooting AK-47s and M-16s at each other? Beats those clunky paintball guns anytime, IMHO.

I bought my starter kit from Airsoft G.I. and they were pretty cool. My brother got his gun from a private dealer on Ebay, but all his extras were ordered from Airsoft Extreme and I have yet to see how cool they are. They do have a wider variety of starter kits available, and their prices aren't too bad. I picked these two companies because they are located in the US, while many of the other Airsoft dealers are based in Japan or Hong Kong. So while they may offer better prices, you'll get killed on shipping. I placed a preliminary order with UN Company a few months ago, and the shipping was $75 with a 3-6 week delivery window for a starter kit.

I think this is the next gun that I'm going to get, thanks to having played around with Earl's RPK-74. smile_o.gif

rpk.gif

Oh, and the M-203. I've seen some M-203s that fire BB buckshot - kind of like a giant shotgun of BBs. I don't think there are any that fire actual grenades (that explode BBs). I have seen an Airsoft RPG-7 somewhere, though...

Guarder RPK Upgrade = $475 USD + Shipping crazy_o.gif

If you have the cash it is well work it though.

@Koolkid: Get the Sun Project M203 Grenade Launcher, it fires 130(?) bbs is one spray. The Tokyo Mauri ones are pretty poor.

Every time I see stuff like this it makes me sad that Australia has such draconian and oppressive "gun" laws. You would never get airsoft as a legitmate hobby past the bleeding hearts in Australia. sad_o.gif

It looks like a lot of fun...

Damn Milkman- not too long here and I may be able to get in on that action. It's very possible I'll end up going to college in the Central Texas area.

Some places here in the USA, anything like pellet guns, or paintball guns, etc... are illegal.But not here in Colorado.New York City and surrounding areas, New Jersey, Michigan, Philadelphia PA or Chicago IL. its illegal.

Uh Ooops I live in MI and we honor every ones concieled weapons permtis. So how exactly was I able to buy a Paintball gun and paintballs from a store legaly? rock.gif Or was that a missprint on the end? Also where is a good place to buy airsoft? and I have had a PB gun discharge on my foot at point blank so for less pain should I go with airsoft? Are the guns cheaper to buy than PB guns? I bought a brass eagal PBg for like 89 US dollars on sale. I am begining to thin that was a bad mistake. So Is airsoft cheaper and funner than PB and am I better off selling my PB gun and buying airsoft? Help me Mum would play airsoft she doesn't like PB for the fact the guns are wierd.

Quote[/b] ]WE CAN NOT ship airguns to New York City and the boroughs, Long Island NY, New Jersey, Michigan, Philadelphia PA, Baltimore MD, or Chicago IL. If you order an airgun and your delivery address in one of these areas, your order will be automatically canceled.

http://www.airgunstore.com/  At the bottom.It use to say something about It bein illegal.But It looks like they changed it.dunno know if the reason they can't ship it to those states cause its illegal, or not.

It’s a Flame-Thrower smile_o.gif

Ah and a good story to go with it too.

During the 1100 hour, my squad, composed of about 11-14 guys, was taking heavy casualties while being assaulted by 25+ enemies. We held our ground for over thirty minutes. I finally called reinforcements when I saw fresh enemy soldiers hopping in for some action. About ten minutes later, two others and me were in some high grass, when we heard a huge roar and the sound of bbs rattling and boots stomping. I stood up to see something I have never seen in my life: 20 comrades charging in a straight line, with the flame-thrower in the middle (Not real flame, lots of red bbs though smile_o.gif ) One of us got up and said, "Lets kill some mother fuckers!!!" We all roared and charged the enemy positions. Over 35 of us ran and shot as we cleared territory. People were continuously yelling and screaming profanities as we wasted the enemy. We heard one guy behind a wall say "Oh shit... RUN AWAY!!" We had them in full retreat; we pushed them all there way back to their base, back into their defenses. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life I am proud to say. smile_o.gif

Have people been killed playing airsoft? Damn I could get an A-5 with that amount of money....

Was going to directly link the picture, but I suppose someone might be put off by a guy with several painful-looking welts on his face. So, before clicking, just be aware that there is a picture of a guy who got nailed in the face by a burst of Airsoft BBs right at the front there.

http://tangohq.homestead.com/Safety.html

Anyhow, that's the worst Airsoft injury I've ever seen. Worthy of note is the fact that it was easily preventable.

We are very strict about rules here. We try to act a professional with this game because all it takes it one kid losing an eye for the sport to be banned. Here are our local rules, I am told most of the South, Southwest states with airsoft games are modelled after this.

TASO Rules:

Hunters Airsoft Specific Rules

Weapons Velocities FPS limits are w/ .20 BBs

AEGs & Gas Guns

Support Weapons

Sniper Weapons

-Age Limits Ages 10 to 14 require a parent to play with them

-Waivers All players must sign liability waiver. Under 18 players must have a parental consent waiver signed also

-Eye Wear Must be wore at all time in the playing area Pyrotechnics Prior approval required

-CQB Area Semiautomatic fire only. TASO minimum engagement distances apply

-Fully Sealed Goggles

Meet or exceed ANSI 87.3 1989

-Wrap around Glasses

Meet or exceed ANSI 87.3 1989 and staff approval. Age 18 +

Conduct Management reserves the right to ban any player for any reason without refund.

I have witnessed no severe injury at an official airsoft game, but I hear stories about little kiddies in thier backyards with springers being injured. The worst injury to happen to me playing an airsoft was a 10 meter run in with an enemy who had an 400fps gun. I had rolled up my sleeves because it was in the middle of the summer, bad idea because I got some bruises around my right arm. Stung for about 45 minutes too.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Here (in england) you have to be over 17 to buy an airsoft weapon, but you can be 14 to own one.

The reaaaaly shit thing is that you have to have your parents permission, something which no ammount of begging can get me. So i ended up making my own. I got an MSG-90 style weapon (although it's got a belt feed) which i hope to make into a working airsoft weapon using a Å6 berreta 93R and a copper pipe. I have a paintball gun (dont ask me why my parents will let me have a PB gun but not a BBgun.. although i didnt ask before i bought it.) I will be making into an FN minimi look-alike, although it will take some doing with the shitty space-weapon type look of the pantball gun. Another reason why i prefer airsoft. I plan on making a full documented plan of how i will do this, for anyone who is interested in making thier own model/bb/pb weapons.

the only bad thing you get with BB guns is that you cant tell tem apart from the real thing, and some shithead wanker always goes a points them at people... and ends up getting shot by a police fast reaction team. Idiots.