Flight Failures Mod

by Jack Ost

What is it ?

This script allows to simulate the failures you can have in your plane or helicopter. It will stop a mechanic or electronic element like the avionic or your engine. For some reasons, only non critical failures have been implemented (so you can't loose your main rotor in helicopter).

Features

There is three module available in Eden Editor. Place the module that you want on your mission. This mod is server side, so you don't need to have it on client side. 

•  First module is to choose random system. The random system will give you one (only one) random failure during the mission, at any moment you can have it. It's depend on the probability that you have choosen on the parameter module (if you don't place it, it will be default parameters). So during a mission, you may not have any failure.
  •  Second module is to trigger a particular failure (or multiple) directly. You can synchronize it with a trigger to have the failure at a particular moment.

For information, default parameters of the random version are :
- you will have only one failure
- 30% of probability for avionics
- 10% of probability for one engine failure (not both if two engine)
- 1% of probability to loose left rudder or right rudder OR left elevator or right elevator OR tail rotor
-  increase (in %) of probability as a function of the flight time (+25% in 2 hours of flight)

NB : I can't test the random version perfectly, so i choose to add an option to having magic repair on your aircraft.

NB2 : If your fps are lower than 10, the failure will be cancelled.

Guide

English Guide

French Guide

Download

LINK here

Crédits

Bohémia Interactive

Spyke (technical adviser)

Jack Ost

• Like 6

as I understand that failure -have autorepiar function? 

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Jack Ost, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

So what you're saying is that I can have an engine failure on take off or mid flight... Sign me up!

5 minutes ago, hnchmc said:

So what you're saying is that I can have an engine failure on take off or mid flight... Sign me up!

Yes, totally random. If you choose a random use.

1 hour ago, sammael said:

as I understand that failure -have autorepiar function? 

If you want, yes. It's a "debug".

• Like 1

+1 This is awesome....downloading it now; thanks for the work here bud.

Awesome add dude! Really good thing this mod! However: the module is customizable? I mean if I want to increase or lower the % of failure and what kind of failure could happen.

1 hour ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

I mean if I want to increase or lower the % of failure

Yes, module for that, called flight failures parameters

1 hour ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

what kind of failure could happen.

Not available for the random system.

• Like 1

Would be interested in seeing a mechanic where a Take On Helicopters-style pre-flight inspection can prevent in-flight failures by identifying parts issues while on the ground.

4 hours ago, chortles said:

Would be interested in seeing a mechanic where a Take On Helicopters-style pre-flight inspection can prevent in-flight failures by identifying parts issues while on the ground.

Yes, it could be nice. But I don't have the time to implement it now, maybe in the future ;)

• Like 1

hello, just a heads up download file does not contain a signature or a key. but the folders are there. i know you said its Server side only however, from experience i know that if you place a module in the editor you create a dependency. a key would resolve this issue.

Excellent mod though thanks for your work,

lp

I keep trying to set up a trigger for the failures to happen, but nothing happens. Would you be able to do a short tutorial on how to set that up?

-Cheers

5 minutes ago, pirkleawesome said:

I keep trying to set up a trigger for the failures to happen, but nothing happens. Would you be able to do a short tutorial on how to set that up?

-Cheers

Yes, of course. Tomorrow, I will try to write a guide.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Two guides available on the first page.

On 20/06/2017 at 8:08 PM, pirkleawesome said:

-Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------

Download link updated.

Changelog :

- Add bikey + bisign

On 17/06/2017 at 4:36 AM, lordprimate said:

hello, just a heads up download file does not contain a signature or a key. but the folders are there. i know you said its Server side only however, from experience i know that if you place a module in the editor you create a dependency. a key would resolve this issue.

Excellent mod though thanks for your work,

lp

• Like 1

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Love it! Any chance you will do this as an addon as well in the future so it affects all missions played?

2 hours ago, pirkleawesome said:

This mod seems to be incompatible with USAF Mod. Would you be able to change that or is it something on USAF's side that would need to change?

If I say true, USAF mod has not received updates since jets dlc. I use vanilla functions introduced with jets dlc. The scenario module doesn't work ?

• Like 1

Anyone have a copy of the guides available without having to pay to download them? It is not letting me download without paying to access the download.

1 minute ago, Nichols said:

Anyone have a copy of the guides available without having to pay to download them? It is not letting me download without paying to access the download.

Strange, I can download it without paying.  Temporary link : http://uptobox.com/eiez9ak24o3e

• Like 1

Thanks for the attempt there @Jack Ost

I am getting all sorts of spam options and bitminers wanting to install on my system when I go to that link. I will message with questions if I need to.