Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Best free stuff

The all seying eye (best game-server search engine)

RegCleaner (helps you to clean up stupid registry files)

PowerStrip (rely increases graphics performance and improve your screen performance)

Yahoo mail (blocks all spam if lock is enabled)

Update your PC catchup service (checks ALL your programs and checks online for potential upgrades, packages them and lets you directly download)

Yahoo groups: so damn great to stay in touch with old friends

@Col. Kurtz

Some of the download links of Gamesdomain works , BUT you will have to insist by refreshing the page every time one link is giving a 404 error

After some tries (and if you are really out of luck , try at some different hours) , you will be able to download that awesome free wargame (i had to try a lot of time, because like you i wasnt able to download it , only 404 error but one time it worked, and now i am very happy with this great game)

Here are the direct download links from the gamesdomain mirrors , without the javascript and the pops up

Try every mirror and refresh the page if you have a 404 several time

You will certainly be able to download it after some tries

Mirror 1 USA

Mirror 2 USA

Mirror 3 UK

Mirror 4 UK

Mirror 5 Sweden

Mirror 6 South Africa

Mirror 7 Portugal

Mirror 8 Israel

Mirror 9 Greece

Mirror 10 Australia

**Edit**

I just tested the direct links i wrote up there

Be assured that Mirror 1 Mirror 3 Mirror 5 are working at this time .

For the other , i have an error page, but i dont have time to try the refresh trick to check if it is just a temporary problem or if the link is dead

If no one of the mirror work , refresh the error page you have

Try link 1 - 3 - 5 , the 400mb file is 100% there

I now it has been already named , but they are so usefull that i have to put them here

I recommend for the picture/photo ( i use it a lot to quickly browse and look at the tons of artworks, pics i can find and make myself )

IrfanView : Click HERE for the Homepage

For the spyware cleaning, be sure to check this program

Ad-Aware Click HERE for the Homepage

Current verion 5.83

And to update it, download its most recent reference file

Click Here to download it from lavasoft home

Download it from MajorGeeks

Current version of the reference file 042-24-09-2002

If you dont know what to do next to update the ref file, just replace the original reffile.awr located in the Ad-Aware folder in your hard drive by the updated one you will find in the zip

Anyone knows a program to check win98se for errors? I use scanreg.exe /fix, regclean and the jv tools, but my pc still freezes very often.

Yesterday I couldn`t play OFP MP, because it freezed everytime in the server menu, today my Gamevoice program failed always. And so on, and so on sad.gif

I don`t want to reinstall! And my hardware is supposed to be fine, I believe AOL is causing all this trouble! What do you think and what program should I use for diagnostics?

Please help!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 20 2002,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone knows a program to check win98se for errors? I use scanreg.exe /fix, regclean and the jv tools, but my pc still freezes very often.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm using Norton Systemworks, but it's not freeware/shareware.

This is a good topic, lots of useful links.

Can this topic be pinned for us n00bs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Nov. 20 2002,01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 20 2002,00wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone knows a program to check win98se for errors? I use scanreg.exe /fix, regclean and the jv tools, but my pc still freezes very often.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm using Norton Systemworks, but it's not freeware/shareware.<span id='postcolor'>

I know a good program that is allready installed in Windows (you just gotta know about it!<!--emo&; )  biggrin.gif

Go start and press run or execute or whatever it is called and type into the field "hwinfo /ui" and press enter. If you didnt miss to type in the /ui you will see all hardware devices and probable driver errors marked in red. Now that one realy rocks to delete errors.

Or in case you want to check the boots and registry search for a program called Msconfig (also already on your Harddrive)! Here you can experiment a bit around to see whether one or the other program realy needs to be there!

I guess most of you already know about it, but please forgive me I am the over-noob and this thread should be double pinned! tounge.gif

Another good Start>Run command is "dxdiag" which I only think works if you have DirectX. It's pretty cool though smile.gif

All those things such as DXDIAG, RegEdit etc are available (on Win98...I don't know about other OS's) by going Start>Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemInformation. Then click on the Tools tab...you will find them all there. I have a shortcut to this on my desktop because it is one of the most useful things in Windows...and it should be in the control panel.

The worlds most used IRC client: mIRC

Trillian can be used as a IRC client but it is bug ridden and unstable (for me and allot of people i know) It also manages to Mess up your CTCP replies which might get you banned/klined .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 03 2002,11:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The worlds most used IRC client: mIRC

Trillian can be used as a IRC client but it is bug ridden and unstable (for me and allot of people i know) It also manages to Mess up your CTCP replies which might get you banned/klined .<span id='postcolor'>

Yes thats a damned bug in trillian sad.gif

I m free for cute blondes with a D cup smile.gif

Ok, C is fine too

i just need to know whether there is an alternative to imgstudio.com without any website commercial line on the pictures? biggrin.gif