Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Mar. 18 2003,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks good! Is it going to have sights on the ITKK, like the BTR-70?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure but I think the modeler had big problems with the sight in this model. As far as I remember, it is currently not possible to include an "optical" sight into a wheeled vehicle in OFP. What kind of sight does the BTR-70 have?

What can I say, very impressive. biggrin.gif .

Any new F-18 screenshots, it looked so good! smile.gif

The mod has gone beta. The beta testing is closed so dont ask if you can be a part of it. The length of beta testing will be from couple of weeks to over a month, depends on how much stuff theres to fix or modify.

That's great to hear! Any plans on releasing a trailer? smile.gif

Oh, BTW! I remember Col. Klink was making a Fokker F27. This might interest you, so I took the liberty of asking Col. Klink permission to retexture it, when it's completed. He said it will be released later this year, and gave the go-ahead to retexture it.

fokkerfriendship.jpg

There is a new screenshot on the FDFMOD website, a description and link follows:

Finnish mortar team engaged with the enemy in the snowy wilderness of Winter Nogojev. Standard 81 KRH 71Y is being deployed to firing position under the observation of Finnish company CO. On the background reservist unit covers the rear with Suomi M1931 SMG while sniper observes the front line with TAK 85 sniper rifle. KvKK 62 machine gunner covers the left arc. Notice different winter camo pattern between snow suits.

Mortar team (160 kb)

Again, I decided to post the news taken from the FDFMOD website. This might be of particular interest for everyone, even if you are not familiar with the Finnish Defence Forces and this modification. As we all know, the BIS BMPs are oversized, but looky look what we got:

Finnish Mechanized Jaegers (mech infantry) dismount their BMP-1P infantry fighting vehicle and take up positions after establishing contact with enemy forces. Heavily armed Mech Jaeger squad ride with BMP-1P which has 73mm smoothbore recoilless gun and PstOhj82M (Spigot) missile mounted on the roof. The men are armed with PKM machine guns, RK62 assault rifles, APILAS and 66KES88 rocket launchers. Note the new BMP-1 model scaled into realistic proportions from BISs oversized BMP.

FDF Mechanized Jaegers

This thread is getting stale quickly wink.gif

Anyway, rememeber to visit the FDF mod pages for the latest news (we update a lot) and discussion at the forums there.

Here a Finnish LV-271 radio strapped on a back of a Signals NCO:

venttiseiska2.jpg

Does anybody remember what was the designation for that radio in US army use? AN/PRC-something?

More new stuff from FDFMOD site.

BMP2 and Winter Troops

A Finnish motorcycle scout is being briefed for his next mission by an officer of the Mechanized Jaeger Corps. Reservist NCO is also receiving lates intel about possible locations of enemy forces. BMP2 stands ready to give fire support for dismounted infantry whereever needed. Note that the vehicle is in correct size and has two-man turret as in real life. Motorcycle scouts has a folding-stock RK62m76 along with other special gear. He has a chart bag hanging on officer's waist while reservist's equipment includes old-pattern field shovel and standard army rubber boots.

Pic: BMP2 and Winter Troops

dude, this is freakin awesome!!!

can't wait for the BMPs, and a PKM smile.gif

FDF mod GUI 14.5.2003 - FDFMOD Team

Screenshot of brand new FDF mod user interface which has been totally reworked from default OFP GUI. Fonts are reworked for more clearer appearance and menus are changed to more hi-res ones to reduce scrolling in multiplayer setup screens etc. It is simply much better than the original GUI. Look forward for more updates about the user interface later.

Pic: FDF mod GUI

Finnish Defence Forces Modification site

FDF Leopard 2A4

As the first Leopard 2A4s touch the Finnish soil for the first time in real life, we are proud to present Leo 2 in Finnish Army paint scheme. On the background old T-72m1 is giving way to this new Chobham-layered steel monster equipped with a hard-biting 120mm Rheinmetall smoothbore gun. Representing the finest traditions of German tank building, Leopard 2 now equips many countries such as Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Holland, Sweden, Norway and now finally Finland.

Pic: FDF Leopard 2A4

Great work fella's, now make that Leo in Swedish camo *swings watch to and fro* Great textures on everything, great great great job biggrin.gif

New pictures look ****'n awesome! Makes me wish I had a better computer. tounge.gif

You can play just fine with 750 Mhz Athlon, Poor GF4 and only 256mb ram. Only problem is that fps is never over 20.

I don't have even that (633 cel, GF2, 384mb ram). With my current setup, fps will probably be well below 20 even with minimum detail.  crazy.gif

edit: Nice looking Hawk, btw.

New FDF Hawk

Reworked version of British Aerospace Hawk Mk51 training/light attack aircraft has been finalized for FDF mod. New version includes standard grey paint scheme, working HUD with noisy stall warning and incoming missile alert system. Two versions include AA variant with 30mm Aden cannon and two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles. Air-to-Ground version is also included for playability reasons and it's armed with Mk81 bombs, rockets and cannon. Although Hawk is capable light attack aircraft, it's is uncertain would FDF use some of it's 50+ aircraft in such role during wartime.

Pic: New FDF Hawk