Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

The pages are open and we are making great progress with various units.

But voluntary workforce is still welcome since the aim is to make the FDF mod as complete as possible.

Drop by at our irc channel for more discussion:

irc.quakenet.org

#finmod

The website that hosts the FDFMOD website is currently under maintenance. It will return online on 28th day, at noon GMT +2.

Also, other news are that Una has finished texturing the Finnish MT-LBV! Maybe this would inspire him to post some screenies wink.gif

Hmm, I already mentioned that I finished texturing the mtlbv in my post about hawk armament. For a screenshot, go to fdfmod page, its there on the news, just wish that maintenance break would be over already.

How about TRG-42? I think Finnish army is using that too. I'm making one, but it's my first model and I don't know if i ever finish it.

PS: Those pictures looked damn good. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

TRG-42, aka TA-2000, is just entering in service within certain units, so it would certainly be a nice addition, but it just means more work for the team (unless you do it, of course!wink.gif. Excellent work on the website!

What's the correct designation for TRG-42 in FDF use anyway? I've heard some versions like KIV-2000, TAK 2000, etc. Does anybody know?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Mar. 01 2003,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the correct designation for TRG-42 in FDF use anyway? I've heard some versions like KIV-2000, TAK 2000, etc. Does anybody know?<span id='postcolor'>

It is (or atleast was) 8.6 KIV 2000 according to Ruotuväki 01/2000

OK, it would be great if you would remove discussion from here to our own forums.

Thanks for everyone.

I think it would be wise to keep posting news and such also here, because I'm sure that a larger audience can be reached through these forums. Don't get me wrong - I would love to see more discussion at the FDFMOD website forums.

Couple of random shots to keep thread up...

Fur cap, grey:

karvalakki.jpg

RK 62:

rk62.jpg

Also worth noticing is the green beret of the FDF ground forces in the RK62 picture wink.gif

Early stage Winter soldiers with Fur cap, Grey and 'Sissipipo':

lumiukot.jpg

These look really impressive. Do the rank patches on the arms really green backgrounds on actual Finn arctic unforms?

I wish BIS would give a green light to Kegetys to release his Winter Nogova Island to the public. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These look really impressive. Do the rank patches on the arms really green backgrounds on actual Finn arctic unforms?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Army can'ts spare for detachable winter sleeve badges smile.gif

Anyway they are worn normally on left sleeve and it will be changed as we finish more models. All is still beta there except maybe RK 62 rifle.

Nice touch with the sissipipo (guerilla cap for non-Finns biggrin.gif) and the fur cap, but shouldn't a Finnish soldier always wear the annoying-as-hell steel helmet while in combat? tounge.gif

Looking good,

are you going to make those rank patches so that they can be changed with SetObjTexture -command (just like Nam Pack 2 Huey nose art and BAS D&R pack unit patches)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Mar. 05 2003,17:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice touch with the sissipipo (guerilla cap for non-Finns biggrin.gif) and the fur cap, but shouldn't a Finnish soldier always wear the annoying-as-hell steel helmet while in combat? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

For the sake of distinction between various units, winter reservist infantry troops wear grey fur caps. Jaegers etc will wear white-camo kevlar helmets. Naturally in real life all frontline forces including officers would have helmets.

Currently planned/implemented headgear...

Winter units:

Jaeger Officer - m91 green fur cap

Jaegers - kevlar helmet

MPs - kevlar helmet with and without plexiglass

Reservists, Res Officer - grey fur caps

Sissi Soldiers - sissipipo (black wool cap)

Special Jaegers & Para Recon - Balaclava cap ('mikkihuppu'wink.gif

Summer units:

Jaeger Officer - m91 camo cap and/or green berets

Jaegers - kevlar helmets

MPs - kevlar helmet with and without plexiglass

Res Officer - old pattern camo cap

Reservists - steel helmets

Spec Jaegers & Paras - kevlar helmets and/or red berets

Note that NCOs will wear same headgear as enlisted men.

Norsus idea of adjustable rank badges sounds good. I think it would be great to implement.

Will the RK62s have steel magazine textures or the plastic "waffle" textures?

Steel. If RK62 m76 will come out in the future it might have plastic ones. RK 95 has plastic mags anyway and option to launch rifle grenades.

Just to get a bit of attention, I decided to post this new picture of FDF summer soldiers here. Enjoy and visit the website for more info.

summer_soldiers2.jpg

Looks good! Is it going to have sights on the ITKK, like the BTR-70?