Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Rewatch all E3 demos of ArmA III, the new crosshair remedies the issue, and I think it will be fully playable in 3rd PV in CQC.

It is fixed animwise as you can see in the videos. Except this time the 1st person view isnt totally stable anymore.

In the editor: the ability to set the azimuth for units & objects to 'RANDOM' would be very useful.

It is fixed animwise as you can see in the videos. Except this time the 1st person view isnt totally stable anymore.

By not stable you mean dynamic, is that correct? I have noticed the crosshair adapts to objects, which are in the way of the muzzle, 'displacing' itself, thus informing the player that his line of sight (from the rifle barrel perspective) is not clear. :)

@DMarkwick: I agree that pixel density gives certain players an advantage, and that "zooming in" should stay as it is. I don't really care that much about the differences between someone's high-quality monitor and my laptop screen, but the zoom function shouldn't be modified.

Well, exactly :)

The whole issue of the "zoom" giving an advantage is a non-issue as far as I can see, I was just mentioning high resolution monitors to point out that someone can enjoy "zoom" just by leaning forward in their chair :) I certainly don't think that it's a problem. I do think that sometimes people get too hung up on these things though, firmly believing that realism does not mean replacement of faculties with reasonable analogs.

Let the “Ragdoll†tech be used in vehicle.Especially use this tech on the dead body in vehicle

Is that possible?

Let the “Ragdoll†tech be used in vehicle.Especially use this tech on the dead body in vehicle

Is that possible?

That would be cool

off topic: Reminds me of flinging people out of cars in saints row 2.

In the editor: the ability to set the azimuth for units & objects to 'RANDOM' would be very useful.

this setdir random 360

Aah thanks matey I didn't know that :-)

But I still think a simple tab marked with a '?' Next to the circular unit azimuth dial would be a nice quick short cut.

this setdir random 360[/QU

OTE]

Hello. Does anybody feel that upper 90% of mouse sensitivity interval is unusable? I've 450 DPI mouse and only sensible values are in first 10% of the interval. Anything above is way too fast (measured on Y axis without (no turn speed limitation)). I'd like to put it in wishlist thread but I fear I'm the only one having the issue.

I would love to see Arma3 more stable on a windows 7 32bit with 4gb ram and 1gb video memory. Thats what i own right now , and i can not play arma2 free version in full quality at all, and on muiltiplayer i can only play in lowest possible settings and i cras

I would love to see Arma3 more stable on a windows 7 32bit with 4gb ram and 1gb video memory. Thats what i own right now , and i can not play arma2 free version in full quality at all, and on muiltiplayer i can only play in lowest possible settings and i cras

What CPU do you have? What series is your GPU? What type of RAM do you have?

I tried to check if this was mentioned before, But to no avail. So I'll do so myself, I think the ArmA series needs to get rid of the side menu for interaction like getting into vehicles and climbing ladders etc. Why is it so hard not to have an automatic climb of the ladder just walk up to it and keep holding W and you're up like every other game out there. We've had this since OFP... And same thing with vehicles, And please don't argue that you'll have difficulty choosing a place to sit in the vehicle, The Battlefield series has done it right since 1942. I'm an all out ArmA fan but I think the ArmA series needs to take the good things from other games and not rely entirely on their own ideas. As I'm sure all of you would love to have an automatic interaction with ladder, And having the control to climb down or up using W & S and to jump off if necessary. The main thing is automatic interaction is needed. And for vehicles a single button would be fine if you sit in the wrong seat then just have the ability to press 1,2,3,4 etc to change seats just like Battlefield it would make things a LOT faster and less complicated.

1) About the automatic interaction, I'd say that's dumber than the side menu, because it removes options from the player. What if you just want to move up to the ladder without climbing it? I agree that there should be an easier to use "Primary action" button, but removing the side menu'll only make things worse. And, for pity's sake, there is no way an argument starting with "I'm sure all of you would love..." is going to be correct.

2) Currently, the number buttons are used for radio commands. If that doesn't change, neither will the seat-switching. Also, BF never took into account that you can't just climb from any position to any other position. How would you know what positions you can climb into?

Finally, as I said, I think that making everything automatic would screw things up further.

/rant

Hmm I use the scroll wheel mouse button for all these interactions...

Walk up to the ladder or a car or a door, see the symbol popping up, press the button and do the action. No hassle with any long menu. :)

Hmm I use the scroll wheel mouse button for all these interactions...

Walk up to the ladder or a car or a door, see the symbol popping up, press the button and do the action. No hassle with any long menu. :)

True. On the other hand, I'm more bothered by the action zones. For example, to climb a ladder, I have to smash my face into it and look up just to get the option to climb it. I'd prefer it if BIS increased the distance where you get the ability to do these actions, more than one action button and automisation.

Absolutely agree! :) It has costed me many failed missions and dead comrades :icon_sad:

Tough I could imagine that increasing this too faar could result in some awkward teleporting and being able to do things you normally wouldn't.

From my experience, it was even depending on the angle you look at it. If this could be slightly improved, I'd say there are no problems.

the ability to rock climb & abseil on vertical structures...

would be fun to shoot them and leave them dangling & bleeding out :-)

I'd like the ability to be able to dive. The best comparison I can think of is the Black Ops "dolphin dive". In Arma 2 I found myself shot down running from a grenade or blown away because I couldn't dive away from an incoming rocket while crouched. In a real firefight, no matter what gear I'm wearing, if an explosive is coming at me, I'm going to throw myself away from the danger. If it will create balance issues, perhaps such dives will cost a player with a slow recovery making it a last chance option that would only work well if there was cover close. But I would still like to be able to throw my body away from danger is certain scenarios.

But how far can a fully geared soldier really fling himself and you think he can actually dodge explosions this way?

http://splicd.com/I4w4vQM7MiU/104/186

...tho I suppose if one braced himself for said explosion....:p

Protip for all would be "community wishlist" posters.

Kindly cease using the following words:

we

Because a very very large proportion of the drivel going into that godforsaken thread is nothing that I would ever agree with, and I refuse to be part of your most likely 1-man "we" consensus.

Protip for all would be "community wishlist" posters.

Kindly cease using the following words:

Because a very very large proportion of the drivel going into that godforsaken thread is nothing that I would ever agree with, and I refuse to be part of your most likely 1-man "we" consensus.

+1, was thinking about the very same thing just about 20s ago reading some member's random selfish thought in the other thread...

I would love to see your actual specs. Telling us your OS, how much ram you have and how much ram your video card has tells us basically nothing.

64-Bit. LOAD EVERYTHING INTO RAM!

This would definately terminate the HDD bottleneck.

Or you can buy an SSD and put A2/A3 on it. I got a 120GB SSD on sale for $100.00 and there's a huge difference in the smoothness of ArmA 2. I don't get huge pauses upon entering towns anymore.

Do you also have to install the OS on the drive? Or can you just slap an SSD in and install ArmA on it to see the improvements?

Apologies in advance if I'm telling you something that you already know (just trying to help :-)...

This is related to the ARMA series in general as they all use a similar control system...

Out of curiosity I've just started using the Xbox controller under the left hand (only cost £16) and re-mapped all the controls...

With the Xbox controller layed flat on the desk...

I control the analogue stick with my middle finger (resting on top) leaving my index finger free for changing stance, weapons etc...

There's actually 4 progressive movement speeds (from creeping to sprinting) for the upright position, 4 speeds for the crouching position and 2 when prone (i never knew this) :-s

So you just push the stick (with one finger) in the direction you want to go, and the amount you push determines the speed (instead of tying three fingers into an elaborate plait)

So...

Xbox controller under left hand (movement)

Mouse in right hand (turning, aiming & firing)

Trackir on head (looking & leaning)

keyboard (other commands & functions)

Hopefully when ARMA 3 is released this method will work even better :-)

No more W,A,S,D for me

Try it :-)