almanzo

Feedback Thread

do not see download link

I have linked my account to steam but still unable to get copy of game

I have had alot of fun playing this with my mates, however we are Australian players and it is impossible for us to play on official servers and have an enjoyable experience. Please add an au server, even if only 1 it will mean alot

That aside, the game is extremely fun to play with friends and have a laugh.

3 hours ago, Honeydancypoo said:

I have had alot of fun playing this with my mates, however we are Australian players and it is impossible for us to play on official servers and have an enjoyable experience. Please add an au server, even if only 1 it will mean alot

That aside, the game is extremely fun to play with friends and have a laugh.

We will be adding new servers based on our player base upon release :)

I find this game to my liking and i will continue to play it, however i do have some small problems with it:

when you find a game from the main menu you will not go into an official server.

Getting stuck, unable to turn your crosshairs when you collide with plants/bushes which also exists in Arma

Sometimes i was spawning on the enemy side during link games.

Other than that nothing else comes to mind, thank you for letting me play your game!

2 hours ago, meikochan said:

I find this game to my liking and i will continue to play it, however i do have some small problems with it:

when you find a game from the main menu you will not go into an official server.

Getting stuck, unable to turn your crosshairs when you collide with plants/bushes which also exists in Arma

Sometimes i was spawning on the enemy side during link games.

Other than that nothing else comes to mind, thank you for letting me play your game!

If you find a game through the main menu you should definitely be taken to official server, could you tell me what happens at your site? Video or screenshot would be perfect :)

And we already have some bugfixes prepared for upcoming update and release :)

Thanks for the support!

15 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

If you find a game through the main menu you should definitely be taken to official server, could you tell me what happens at your site? Video or screenshot would be perfect :)

And we already have some bugfixes prepared for upcoming update and release :)

Thanks for the support!

When i finished my game it told me that i can only get points on official servers.

I will try to take a screenshot next time, thx for the fast response!

Assignment XP on hardcore and non-hardcore servers is equivalent?

I think Project Argo needs to remove one's team communication after dead, can't let them talk to teammate of where the enemy's current position, that's cheat.

Also give a score of performance other than level. Level determine weapon collection, some times it's hard to compete better weapon and optics. But if someone great at playing this, the killing and match will determine score, and use score to assign team together. Therefore we can see good match between people who good at it. Also easier for beginner to level up and not get frustrated.

10 hours ago, urfinjuce said:

Assignment XP on hardcore and non-hardcore servers is equivalent?

Yes, currently it is the same.

15 hours ago, xurecon said:

I think Project Argo needs to remove one's team communication after dead, can't let them talk to teammate of where the enemy's current position, that's cheat.

You forgot to mention the blocking of Skype, Discord, TeamSpeak and other voice chats. :face_palm:

That is great news.  I have to completely look away / cover my eyes during bright white loading screens.  Especially the flash / appearance of them. 

Exterior comm systems you can use or not.  But in game comms... people chatter all day long after they die.  The mute function does not always work in game either.

The OP intent is valid though.  It makes ghosting (dead men talking) way too easy.

I have back seat drivers every time I play.  It gets real old.  is there a shortcut that can be used to mute all/unmute all?

Yeah, I just started playing again due to the update.  While progression access is interesting in some ways... the current implementation is... handicapping to new players.  Not only are many guns unavailable (giving a huge advantage to players who have played longer) there is clearly a power difference also that does not correspond to the caliber of the weapon.  The same guns at different levels vary in how much it takes to be fatal.  AK 12 7.62 mm at mid range (with scope) is clearly not worth using because another gun (of smaller caliber) is a one shot kill regardless of range.

Also... long range scopes available on so many weapons... snipe war?  Snipers get 2, 3 or 4 times as many kills.  Maybe if more areas could be accessed and used for cover... the game would be more balanced for non-sniper weapons... The blocking of so many areas actually affects CQC a great deal. 

As it is, the game feels very arcade like now.  So many blocked areas, paths, buildings... skewed weapons... battles are getting stale fast because its a matter of who gets to the "right" spot first and mows the most down before they can even approach.  I really want to like this game.  I've played ARMA since Flashpoint.  But there is a reason I have not been playing Project Argo very much.  *shrug*  

Please please please add more servers, as it is since the update .77 I have been waiting in the server browser just to join a Link game for pushing 30 mins now, forget even joining a clash server, there are hardly any and always full. God knows how me and my four friends are all going to join the same server now, and since i have been trying to join a server some of them have been trying and have given up and gone off to play another game. This is just stupid now, not even being able to play, and not having a way for friends to group up in a lobby and search for a server is just stupid, especially for a game that is trying to implement a competitive environment. Please Just add MORE severs!

So I've had this game since the beginning, and I watched it gone through some serious changes. A lot of them where good but it still needs some work. 

1. Decide on way way to unlock guns! This whole having to unlock them, then go pay for them using credits is ridiculous. Ether pick a skill tree or the armory. There is no point in having both, it is just making it more confusing.

2. If you do decide to keep the current system in then make the resets free again, and have it recent the credits. I shouldn't have to spend so many credits just to reset a mistake.

3. Less hardcore servers. I know that hardcore is suppose to be normal difficult, but some of us prefer "easy". It adds a nice arcade feel to the game. If I want to just play 5v5 Arma then i could go do that on Arma 3 and use bigger, better guns. By being able to see your own team mates and the objective it creates a different feel to the game. 

4. This isn't a specific reason its more of a small rant. I had always thought that this was going to be an excellent game. It would have everything we love about Arma but on a smaller map with more arcade style feel, but with some aspects from Arma 3. I think that the game developers have lost touch with what this game was really going to be, and are instead just making a free miniature version of arma with a ridiculous weapon unlock system.  Please don't just think "oh this is one guy, who's pissed off" I play a lot of Argo (maybe too much). I talk to a lot of the people who play it, and we all have the same basic consensus, the game is loosing touch to its roots. While I'm not say make it so arcade it feels like COD or Battlefield, or so realistic its like Arma. It should be something in between. Have the realism of Arma 3 when it comes to weapons and ballistics, but have a more arcade game play to it.

On 6/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, urfinjuce said:

You forgot to mention the blocking of Skype, Discord, TeamSpeak and other voice chats. :face_palm:

At least make it harder to do, keep it more real.

9 hours ago, Seddrik said:

Exterior comm systems you can use or not.  But in game comms... people chatter all day long after they die.  The mute function does not always work in game either.

The OP intent is valid though.  It makes ghosting (dead men talking) way too easy.

I have back seat drivers every time I play.  It gets real old.  is there a shortcut that can be used to mute all/unmute all?

I got someone frustrated at me for not listening to his dead men talking.

On 3/13/2017 at 2:12 AM, Bag of Purp said:

I dont know if people posted about these but here ya go.

Here are a few things I think would make this game more playable and give it more features

1 Add a zeroing for weapons! Not cool we have to guess where to shoot when all scopes ever made can be adjusted upon the battlefield to ensure a direct hit!

2 Can't Vault/jump! This game would feel alot better if it had a jumping key/climb fences like the Arma 3 Enhanced Movement mod..I hope this game is not finished without a climbing mechanism as it would give players ability to climb fences/crates/buildings/shacks.

3 Longer matches! This survival/objective game deserves longer battles as each game literally ends fast..there has to more things to do because its gunna get boring playing over and over because matches end quick!

4 AFK kicker This is a hugeeee one people just afk and cause your team to lose or cause matches to be very boring.

5 Teamkiller auto kicker or option to kick! No fair playing a game that gives no consequence to ass hats betraying their own team..please do something about this or remove team killing!

6 Specific team uniforms or customization This one is annoying because enemy looks exactly like your team..its really hard to figure out who is who especially in hardcore mode. 

7. Hardcore mode revamp This hardcore mode is so confusing to new players because there is literally no team markers or objective markers on screen so its a mess playing this mode. Also, this mode should have certain strong weapons making it HARDCORE for example only 7.62 weapons or something! 

8. Add a ranking system! What this game needs is a progress system so we can share/compete with other players to see whos the best on the battlefield..its boring playing for no purpose..give us medals/gear/clothing/emotes maybe some servers could be for High ranked players only (Level 10 players and up only) for example.

9. Another game without Melee feature?! Once again you guys give us a game that does not have fighting mechanics or melee combat..This would completely make this new game different than other Arma''s..Would be a great feature adding machetes/bats/survival knifes/shovels/axes! We get the whole defend this defend that concept but come on!! Why hasnt Arma 3 released a melee feature yet after so long..

bump

6 hours ago, NeedBail said:

2. If you do decide to keep the current system in then make the resets free again, and have it recent the credits. I shouldn't have to spend so many credits just to reset a mistake.

The penalty for making a few mistakes does feel too extreme. For having to press the reset button a few times to just get back to the same load out I had before the patch it is gonna cost me 93500 just to ever change anything again. And then It is gonna cost me even more after that.

12 hours ago, Broodley said:

Please please please add more servers, as it is since the update .77 I have been waiting in the server browser just to join a Link game for pushing 30 mins now, forget even joining a clash server, there are hardly any and always full. God knows how me and my four friends are all going to join the same server now, and since i have been trying to join a server some of them have been trying and have given up and gone off to play another game. This is just stupid now, not even being able to play, and not having a way for friends to group up in a lobby and search for a server is just stupid, especially for a game that is trying to implement a competitive environment. Please Just add MORE severs!

Some servers were down for maintanence now we lowered the number because we want to stress test them before the big day! Before the weekend starts it should be all back :)

3 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Some servers were down for maintanence now we lowered the number because we want to stress test them before the big day! Before the weekend starts it should be all back :)

Ok, thank you. I'm managing to get on servers much easier now, same goes for my friends but is there any plan to add some form of a group system? 

2 hours ago, Broodley said:

Ok, thank you. I'm managing to get on servers much easier now, same goes for my friends but is there any plan to add some form of a group system? 

You can join your friends on their servers via "Join game" Steam feature, but we don't plan a dedicated lobby as it is in CS:GO, etc.

15 hours ago, xurecon said:

At least make it harder to do, keep it more real.

:dozingoff:

A week later, you yourself will ask to return everything back!
Because some players will have an advantage, since after the death of the character they talk in another voice chat.

You will also blame their for cheating:
"How did the enemy know where I am?"
"How did the enemy know where to shoot?"

SW side, by a shipping container right on the edge of the defense boundary.  I tried taking a SS, but couldn't.

If you squat next to the container and turn, it glitches you INTO the container which is outside the boundary.  The container cannot be opened and you automatically die.

This is repeatable.

If it affects anything, I have DMR 1 and the really long silencer.