bad benson

Raptors, Zombies and more!

Cool!  :)   yeah you could make a special hide that has a 1:100 chance of being added to inventory for an "epic" hide drop  LOL

I need to d/l the latest because the sentry turrets keep missing them when shooting at distance.  As if it is leading too little, trailing behind the head a little.

Question:  Are "friendly" raptors spawned as well as enemy?  As BLUFOR, I keep getting shot by my team after shooting certain raptors that no one else is attacking.  Once this special raptor dies, I am always killed by my team.  Almost like the "enemy" value isn't low enough on some of them... ???

Will you make modules available to Zeus so that they can dynamically assign areas where raptors/zombies may spawn? While also having the ability to turn it off in the module properties. This way a curator can spawn a module, make an area spawn with enemies, then when he wants to make that area "clear" he can double click on the module and turn it off, then maybe move the module elsewhere and turn it back on (so that the module settings are retained without having to create a new one).

We seem to have encountered quite a few errors tonight, the largest one being that when you are unarmed it stops you from doing any movement but forward (seems to start when you go prone). I also noticed that you dive to prone instantly and then back to standing when you switch from a rifle to launcher.

We seem to have encountered quite a few errors tonight, the largest one being that when you are unarmed it stops you from doing any movement but forward (seems to start when you go prone). I also noticed that you dive to prone instantly and then back to standing when you switch from a rifle to launcher.

yea i have noticed too. i think it's an issue with the zombie animation config. will make sure to fix it in the next update.

• Like 2

small update pushed to steam (uploading to google drive soon)

changelog

- fixed: animation issues caused by bad inheritence in zombie anim configs (thx to khaos for report, repro info and testing)

- fixed: zombies would reset to default arma anims after getting up from ragdoll

- added: zombies can now be set on fire using the starter (flare/signal) pistol

- improved: sounds and any other MP synced effects now have a range to keep network traffic much lower and only when really needed (WIP)

- added: parameter for prey parent classes

known issues of this patch:

- agents can attack while unconscious...slipped through before i noticed and uploading takes a while so bare with me until the next update

i might've missed some stuff but that is the most important stuff i think.

i'm going to do a bunch of these patch updates for a bit to increase stability and stuff before i add the wild/zombie dogs.

some other things to look forward to in the next update.

- tweaked materials and textures for the raptors (made by B@co maker of the white shark)

- tweaked/processed zombie sounds by Evil Organ to add mroe variety and scariness

- options to control hostility between agents of different modules (raptors vs zombies anymone?)

- optional parameter for classes used to spawn agents (will accept an array of class names or code that outputs an array of class names...use case: spawn only zombies of a certain faction or similar)

- more optimisations

- proper anims for the zombie pin down attack

- zombies/raptor loot we talked about

- satisfying sound when you hit a raptor/zombie with your car (still optimising)

- improved handing of silencers (placeholder code is not optimal)

- removing of all the remaining placeholder spawned threads...should increase performance a little too

as for the zeus questions. i will look into zeus at some point for sure but i don't know yet how flexible things will be. i'm trying to keep things simple so i can't confirm any zeus specific things. will have to see how easy it is to adapt things.

• Like 5

This looks interesting, although I am not sure about the raptors and zombies combo, I came across this looking for raptors script for Tanoa, which i dont think fits zombie theme its not that kind of map! I will try this out tonight I hope we can choose to have either raptors or zombies and not only both ? 

This looks interesting, although I am not sure about the raptors and zombies combo, I came across this looking for raptors script for Tanoa, which i dont think fits zombie theme its not that kind of map! I will try this out tonight I hope we can choose to have either raptors or zombies and not only both ? 

of course you can choose :lol:

this isn't some kind of sharknado type addon. it's supposed to add variety and choice for mission makers. i'm not adding more creatures to create some type of alien vs predator lore here ;) 

wild dogs for example are something that can be used by people who want to add a minor thread to military missions even. or if you would like to have more variety to your zombie apocalypse missions. hence the zombie version fo those dogs. options.

i can add more documentation later but i thoguht it was obvious to be honest. feel free to ask about certain module settings, if the tool tips aren't clear enough.

• Like 1

this isn't some kind of sharknado type addon. it's supposed to add variety and choice for mission makers. i'm not adding more creatures to create some type of alien vs predator lore here ;)

wild dogs for example are something that can be used by people who want to add a minor thread to military missions even. or if you would like to have more variety to your zombie apocalypse missions. hence the zombie version fo those dogs. options.

i can add more documentation later but i thoguht it was obvious to be honest. feel free to ask about certain module settings, if the tool tips aren't clear enough.

That sounds awesome! yes as long as you can turn on and off mods, now if you can do alien or blood suckers I am so in lol! I will try it tonight and let you know if I have any questions .. curious which zombie / dog pack do you use for this? has anyone tested this on exile server?

Hats off to you sir! really nice script , I have some questions though:

I am messing with it on my test server , and i noticed it almost immediately spawns them even at server restart , maybe because i was the only person on the server I had about 10-15 around me .. so thought ok well all 15 are spawned here because i am the only one on the server so I use InfiSTAR and I teleportted around the map with AI ESP on to find them quick and I was surprised that there was another 5-6 when I teleportted and another 10 another place I teleportted to, it got me thinking are they spawning every where in the map or are they spawning so damn quick like almost as soon as I teleport to location 10k away?

Ideally like to see min and max raptors per player as well as max raptors alive in server at one time is that possible? I feel that would distribute them evenly and keep performance stable.

Is the spawn delay on server restarts or the delay in which they spawn on a new player?

my wish list ..

Ability to skin the raptor with hunting knife(s) and random chance to get between 3-4 meat, 1-2 skin, 3-4 bones etc ... meat that can be eaten cooked or raw would be cool!

Thanks for considering Bad benson! Im sure many out there curate missions, and would love for on-the-fly control of spawning. For example, id have a squad investigate some ruins, it'd be quiet, and theyd come across a body. Then thats when i spawn raptors in. Or maybe i'd have a town that people start in, filled with civilians. Maybe id make players go through that town again except this time its devastated with zombies.

Hi I am noticing those .rpt errors since adding this script , not sure if they are related?

if (surfaceIsWater _pos) then
{
_pos = nil;
>
23:25:38   Error position: <surfaceIsWater _pos) then
{
_pos = nil;
>
23:25:38   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
23:25:38 File babe_am\func\AM\fn_agentcache.sqf, line 41
23:25:38 Error in expression <l;
};

if (!isNil "_pos") then
{
_agent setpos _pos;
_agent setVariable ["patpos>
23:25:38   Error position: <setpos _pos;
23:25:38 File babe_am\func\AM\fn_agentcache.sqf, line 48
23:25:38 Error in expression <t 1) + (cos _dir) * _dist, 0];
};

if (surfaceIsWater _pos) then
{
_pos = nil;
>
23:25:38   Error position: <surfaceIsWater _pos) then
{
_pos = nil;
>
23:25:38 File babe_am\func\AM\fn_agentcache.sqf, line 41
23:25:38 Error in expression <l;
};

if (!isNil "_pos") then
{
_agent setpos _pos;
23:25:38   Error position: <setpos _pos;
23:25:38 File babe_am\func\AM\fn_agentcache.sqf, line 48
23:25:38 Error in expression <t 1) + (cos _dir) * _dist, 0];
};

Raptors work, but when you place down the module to spawn zombie agents it spits this error out and nothing spawns.

http://imgur.com/a/QBoJn 

Edit: While writing this they spawned and killed me :D So they spawn, just the error now.

problem 1) when you enter a house they all stop moving and just stand there still

Problem 2) When they hit you you freeze and can't do nothing, can't aim, can't run away, can't reload, can only shoot, but you can't aim at them, you just shoot wherever you were aimed at when they initially hit you. It only happened once out of a few times letting them hit me... Two of them were hitting me at once.

Problem 3) they fight each other

Problem 4) they do too much damage to vehicles and the damage modifier in the module has no effect.. 

Problem 5) hitting them with vehicles does way to much damage to the vehicle and sometimes damages random parts, and then it spits out this error. http://imgur.com/a/iw2Eq

Will keep reporting problems as I see them to help you as best as I can :)

Raptors work, but when you place down the module to spawn zombie agents it spits this error out and nothing spawns.

Edit: While writing this they spawned and killed me :D So they spawn, just the error now.

problem 1) when you enter a house they all stop moving and just stand there still

Problem 2) When they hit you you freeze and can't do nothing, can't aim, can't run away, can't reload, can only shoot, but you can't aim at them, you just shoot wherever you were aimed at when they initially hit you. It only happened once out of a few times letting them hit me... Two of them were hitting me at once.

Problem 4) they do too much damage to vehicles and the damage modifier in the module has no effect.. 

Problem 5) hitting them with vehicles does way to much damage to the vehicle and sometimes damages random parts, and then it spits out this error. http://imgur.com/a/iw2Eq

Will keep reporting problems as I see them to help you as best as I can :)

I get same error when I load zombies in editor, the raptor mod works better but it spams .rpt with errors I shared above .

• Like 1

Problem 5) hitting them with vehicles does way to much damage to the vehicle and sometimes damages random parts, and then it spits out this error.

1) yea this has been reported to me. still trying to find out when it happens and what causes it.

2) that is a feature. it is basically the raptor pin down attack without special animations (for now). it's a coop feature that isn't really suited for SP since you need someone to kill the zombie that pinned you down/is grabbing you. just set pin down probability to 0% to deactivate it

3) hm. i haven't seen that happen. it might be caused by the initialisation failing in some way. if i can't reproduce it i'll need repro.

4) vehicle damage will get its own coefficient in the next update for sure

5) random hit point is by design because due to arma path finding near vehicles i can't really make them attack effectively without some fake "magic"

at the moment i have neither much time nor motivation for arma modding. in terms of this specific addon it is just temporary though. so don't worry. just keep reporting them so i can clean them up later one by one update by update.

i will take a quick look at it on the weekend though to check, if maybe my quick update fucked somethings up that i can fix quickly. didn't really have the time to test all features again before release.

• Like 1

1) yea this has been reported to me. still trying to find out when it happens and what causes it.

2) that is a feature. it is basically the raptor pin down attack without special animations (for now). it's a coop feature that isn't really suited for SP since you need someone to kill the zombie that pinned you down/is grabbing you. just set pin down probability to 0% to deactivate it

3) hm. i haven't seen that happen. it might be caused by the initialisation failing in some way. if i can't reproduce it i'll need repro.

4) vehicle damage will get its own coefficient in the next update for sure

5) random hit point is by design because due to arma path finding near vehicles i can't really make them attack effectively without some fake "magic"

at the moment i have neither much time nor motivation for arma modding. in terms of this specific addon it is just temporary though. so don't worry. just keep reporting them so i can clean them up later one by one update by update.

i will take a quick look at it on the weekend though to check, if maybe my quick update fucked somethings up that i can fix quickly. didn't really have the time to test all features again before release.

understood bad benson, it getts too much, any ideas what the errors I posted of the raptor module are? something we can fix?

Can you show an example how to adapt it for wild dogs packs? Thank you, learning things.

So I was just mucking around with AI vs raptors, and the AI soldier's behavior was intresting- they would proritise killing raptors with explosives such as grenades or with 40mm's, and would not fire rifle/ carbines at the raptors often, but Machineguns went nuts, and so did 7.62 rifles and other such weapons.

So it seems like infantry AI treat the raptors as a vehicle, similar to a technical, in tactics- prefering to fire machineguns or 40mm, with less of a focus on regular weapons like rifles shooting at the raptors. Are the raptors a vehicle/UAV controlled by an invisible AI? 

No AI mods used. 

All the vids show them shooting them no problems.  AI is probably just trying to do the most damage with what they have. 

I know there is a new attribute that decides what the ammo can be used against, so AI won't shoot AT rockets at infantry, etc.  However from memory all small arms ammo is "all purpose" so that should not be a contributing factor.  It would be easy to validate instead of making guesses... just put a bunch of AI soldiers w/o any grenades and only standard rifles and watch what happens.  Probably just AI being AI... they should all shoot at them w/ whatever gun they decide is best.  Without the ability to consistently reproduce it, it is just guesswork. 

So I was just mucking around with AI vs raptors, and the AI soldier's behavior was intresting- they would proritise killing raptors with explosives such as grenades or with 40mm's, and would not fire rifle/ carbines at the raptors often, but Machineguns went nuts, and so did 7.62 rifles and other such weapons.

So it seems like infantry AI treat the raptors as a vehicle, similar to a technical, in tactics- prefering to fire machineguns or 40mm, with less of a focus on regular weapons like rifles shooting at the raptors. Are the raptors a vehicle/UAV controlled by an invisible AI? 

No AI mods used. 

they are based on the human class. might be related to their speed so AI can't track them with rifles or something. it might alos be their default armor values. no idea actually.

@AggroOnline: i have no interest in others fixing things. this is my personal hobby project. just be patient please. as far as i can tell, that error is very minor and non destructive. so no rush there. same goes for the other two script errors i know of. one of them i already had time to fix.

i appreciate the enthusiasm but i ask you to respect my pace please. i have stated before that this is early WIP and that it will be updated a lot for a while.

i have checked out the zombies again in hte editor and they definately don't attack eachother on my side. the way it is set up it also would make zero sense. my guess is that you see them attack snakes and rabbits which they really like to do. it is a feature and not a bug. it can easily be deactivates by changing hte prey class array. currently it includes the "Man" class which includes animals (BI naming logic...). change that to "CaManBase", if you want them to only focus on actual humans.

my reasoning for having them attack animals by default is simple. it allows for more scenarios like people feeding goats to them etc.

• Like 1

they are based on the human class. might be related to their speed so AI can't track them with rifles or something. it might alos be their default armor values. no idea actually.

@AggroOnline: i have no interest in others fixing things. this is my personal hobby project. just be patient please. as far as i can tell, that error is very minor and non destructive. so no rush there. same goes for the other two script errors i know of. one of them i already had time to fix.

i appreciate the enthusiasm but i ask you to respect my pace please. i have stated before that this is early WIP and that it will be updated a lot for a while.

i have checked out the zombies again in hte editor and they definately don't attack eachother on my side. the way it is set up it also would make zero sense. my guess is that you see them attack snakes and rabbits which they really like to do. it is a feature and not a bug. it can easily be deactivates by changing hte prey class array. currently it includes the "Man" class which includes animals (BI naming logic...). change that to "CaManBase", if you want them to only focus on actual humans.

my reasoning for having them attack animals by default is simple. it allows for more scenarios like people feeding goats to them etc.

OKAY! I was asking IF you knew what those errors are, and offering my help to narrow it down for you or something. Sorry you feel that I was not respecting your pace. If you have no interest in other others helping so be it ! now I know!

OKAY! I was asking IF you knew what those errors are, and offering my help to narrow it down for you or something. Sorry you feel that I was not respecting your pace. If you have no interest in other others helping so be it ! now I know!

geez...no need to be sensitive about it. you can of course try to find the issue and send me the info via PM or post it here. i will add it in the next update with credit, if it works. but please don't ask me to tell you what to fix where in the files. it comes across as slightly pushy. sorry if i wasn't making myself clear.

i know which part of the script it is. as i said several times i will take care of it as soon as i can. just wait or if you can't wait, give me useful info. ok? please? <3

@ bad benson , again sorry you feel that I was pushy. It was not meant that way! I provided feedback and posted .rpt of errors. I feel my post was understanding of your situation and politely asked if it is something we can fix ourselves and make you aware of it if you were not! most mod makers prefer to see .rpt and discourage PM's so I think misunderstanding on both parts ! lets forget about it and move on, no hard feelings from me.

Edited by R0adki11
flame-baiting comments removed