soolie

WIP - Vehicle Service (repair, refuel, rearm) GUI

A while back I released a very simple version of this (Old Version). It was well received and downloaded many times.

Now that I have gotten better at general scripting and have learned UI's, I have decided to redo it from scratch.

Video below shows what I have so far. Looking for any suggestions/thoughts on what should be included. 

So far - 

Lists all weapons on vehicle and selecting weapon will focus camera on mem point of weapon(if it can find one).

Lists all magazines for selected weapon and allows said ammo to be added to the vehicle

Planned(nothing definite) -

List of damaged parts (hopefully can match up with other mem points like the weapons)

Ability to fix individual parts or repair full.

Ability to set if items are needed to repair/fuel(jerry can, repair kit, etc) or distance to object (fuel tank, helipad etc)

Change repair/refuel costs based on vehicle type (air,land,sea)

Gas gauge image (like gauge inside a car)

• Like 10

Very cool- this might make me actually re-arm vehicles instead of having to sneakily Zeus delete then respawn them when no-one else is looking instead of re-arming, as the default re-arm is so annoying to work with. :)

• Like 2

Would this be usable with modded vehicles such as RHS and so on.

This pulls a lot of information from the configs. If the modded veh is configed correctly(by correctly i mean to the vanilla standard) then all will be good. If it is not configged correctly, the only thing that should have trouble is the camera, and it might not focus on the weapon you have selected. Not the biggest deal, the cam will just spin around the veh while rearming.

Luckily, I just added manual camera controls! When hovered over the bottom 3/4 of the screen you can now hold LMB/RMB to spin in either direction and Mouse Wheel to zoom.

• Like 3

This is VERY much needed.

Rearming/refueling on missions w different modded vehicles can be frustrating to say the least.

Generic Vehicle Service  has always been a faithful standby, the only downside being some mods have high cost factors to their munitions.

That said, this will be a nice update to  rearming and repair mission requirements, with the added bonus of the GUI ;)

• Like 1

Thank you for doing this. It's a real pain in the ass to cover all your bases when making long term persistent missions, especially when using mods. This is very much needed and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Very very interesting system.

I appreciate the esthetic and simple but useful ergonomy.

Keep up the good work !

• Like 1

I've decided to release two versions of this. One where it will show damage to specific parts and allow the repair of said parts alone,

and one that just repairs everything. The reason for this being design and spacing. One will require more controls/ info being shown so I need to use up that UI space for people who just want an easy full repair if conditions are met. 

Also - currently looking for an artist who's interested in making some buttons/graphics. I'm making this for the fun of it and releasing for free 

so no money involved. You will be given full credit, of course. There will also be an in game credits/ controls/ info ui built in. Here I will put a clickable link

to wherever you'd like. I made this picture somewhat explaining what I'm looking for - 

0Sw7aD2.png

• Like 5

With no artists responding, I will be using whatever ingame assets I can to complete the project. Maybe once released someone interested will come forward. 

The alpha of the simple version (meet conditions ie have toolkit or be near repair truck or fuel station, repairs fully), will be released in the next few days.

• Like 2

Fuel gauge is working perfectly now! Took forever, but can do custom progress bars now :)

Only need to figure out the damage indicator.

YsgWWhj.png

• Like 2

Any chance of a script version of this baby?

Yes there will be. Actually, the script versions will be the first ones out, and the mod will be created after.

• Like 2

Should be releasing first version soon. Only some finishing touches left. Last update before release!

Fuel gauge and Damage gauge are also buttons you press to refuel and repair.

This is what it looks like with 1/2 a tank of gas and 100% damage(not that you would ever see that).

Added an info box on the left. Pulls description from one of two possible locations (damnit bis get your shit together).

KSMm5iX.png

• Like 4

this depends on module or when ammo truck is near? 

I think ammo truck is best choise

It will be up to you what you need. Currently you can refuel at gas stations or near fuel truck. Can repair near gas station, repair vehicle, or if toolkit is in veh inv. And resupply at ammo truck. Also helis can do everything at helipad. This is all easily edited to your liking

• Like 1

Currently it's possible to add as many magazines as you want(not the desired effect). 

Found this on the setVehicleAmmo wiki "Sets how much ammunition (compared to a full state defined by the vehicle type) the vehicle has."

Anyone know where I can find the "full state defined by the vehicle type"?

I would like to use this variable to set a limit on how much ammo you can get.

6 hours ago, Capt D. Hart said:

Any news on this?

It is against the forums rules to ask for updates.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I haven't played Arma in a while. Was thinking of going back to this because the problems I had finishing were related to the jets(maybe fixed now), and I've seen some negative responses to the new "dynamic loadout" system not being accessible in game. I want it to work for all vehicles and I just couldn't make the camera and reloading systems work with land vehicles/helis and jets at the same time. Hopefully now with the improvements I can make it work.

• Like 2