Sign in to follow this  
germanske_norge

How much would you recommend the Apex Expansion?

Tanoa is fantastic, campaign appeared to be unplayable for me, didn't checked the rest, sounds cool enough, especially irregular faction, but as for me Tanoa itself is worthy the price, I paid (pre-purchase). That being said...

Two shameless malcontents commenting newly spotted island, IMHO very a propos quotation:

https://youtu.be/a6Ji-KDLG8Y?t=55s

• Like 2

btw, I'm a member of three separate online squads that all play ARMA - pretty much EVERYONE has Tanoa and the feedback is awesome. I was on last night with some of the guys just messing around at the airport and we were playing with rain, mist, cloud, etc etc - talk about beautiful...what was more beautiful was my fps didn't go below 30 the whole time!

• Like 1

There's also some saying the campaign sucks. I think they mean as a SP experience. In that case, that's true because you have no team. That was a bad decision.

But as a COOP campaign, it's been good. My group has only done the first mission, but we enjoyed it.

I think they mean as a SP experience. In that case, that's true because you have no team.

As for me - I don't care about any team mates. Even better alone, no distracting AI requiring constant babysitting. There was one and only one problem, because of which I didn't finished even first mission: lack of free/any save game, thus load/resume (scenario runs like MP session, I guess). Because of that I even didn't check, if campaign is cool or sucks indeed. Unable to pause is another, secondary issue. 

Tanoa is a fantastic map, and some of the weapons and vehicles models are great too. That being said, the campaign content is pretty run of the mill, so if you are looking for single player content, I wouldn't say it's worth the cost.

I say it is worth it for the maps and the new additions (units/weapons/vehicles) but in my opinion the campaign (I finished it) was just bare bones and just okay... but I wasn't that disappointing with it because when I first heard of Apex I was more excited for the new equipment and the terrain and the campaign was like an afterthought or a bonus feature.

Greatly, I fell in love with Tanoa when I first hopped ingame.  I thought Altis was nice for a walk but Tanoa is the best yet, its so immerssive with the audio, sounds of birds and wind, it really draws you in with all types of weather.
It looks gorgeous from the air too, I'm a whirlyhead at heart and Tanoa makes a great playground for me, I could spend hours just cruising around, enjoying the scenery.

Engagementwise it offers a different kind of combat from Altis, whereas we had vast open spanses of terrain wherein you could spot moving objects from kilometers away, here we have a large spanse of land with varied terrain density and elevations which could be a nest for an ambush.

Furthermore if you are one of those people that were less than thrilled about the similarity in some CSAT and NATO vehicles in ARma 3, or the exact shame chasis being used on various parts then fret not because there is none of that here, especially in terms of the new VTOLs which could not be more different.   

The thing about mods is there is no garuntee they will always work, there is no garuntee they will always be updated, and there is no garuntee they will perform in MP as flawlessly as a company asset would, so passing because something already exists could biting back in the end.

I noticed i imense degradation in client FPS after the APEX update.

I noticed i imense degradation in client FPS after the APEX update.

If it was due to an update then its not going to matter if you have the apex expansion or not.

Probably would get flagged for posting in that thread but just have to say Guba is definitely puking in his grave to see a Steam Achievement thread front and center on his beloved forums..

Rest in peace my crazed, delusional, meglamanic friend..