solzenicyn

Apex Gear Feedback

Well I am personaly very displeased by the fact that my apex preorder didn't include a full refund, 10 islands, 50 vehicles 100 weapons, 50 new factions, direct x 13, free ice cream and a tricycle

I'm personally very displeased about the fact that you're still commenting after we've established that you're doing nothing but putting down legitimate criticism. How about you either find something to give feedback over (hell, it can even be something positive) or you just leave?

See, this post represents nicely what is wrong with people.

Somebody expresses his displeasure at something. But instead of addressing the issue, you post a crybaby image. And when challenged about it, you fall to absolute idiotic exaggeration.

It is always the same. Whatever happens partitions certain groups into two camps. One camp that immediately jumps at BIS anus-first for not including X, and the other camp that immediately labels ANY criticism as whining.

I have news for you: Neither of you are helping.People that voice genuine criticism are immediately yelled down by the likes of you, while people that express genuine satisfaction are immediately yelled down by the likes of the other camp. 2nd Ranger's post certainly has merits. It would have been nice to see something different, not always US, but another local faction. This is a very valid point. Instead, you post a crybaby, and act all butthurt when someone points it out to you. Instead of trying to argue your point, you resort to name calling. Instead of discussion, you resort to exaggerating.

2nd Ranger did not ask for 10 islands and 50 vehicles. He expressed his dissatisfaction with the fact that we get the same faction retextured (not even that, actually, since the NATO vehicles have the same desert texture as before). You try to ridicule that by equating it to a completely unreasonable demand.

When are people going to learn that there is a middle ground? When are people going to start listening and empathizing with others and not calling each other haters or fanboys just because your opinion differs? And finally, when are people going to STOP POSTING when they have NOTHING to add to a topic?

Geez, I am probably wasting my time with this, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get moderated for this, but frankly, people and postings like this is what poisons this forum. On both side of the fence.

Unfortunately polarization always has to start with a manchild like him somewhere. I've been a critic of the game since day one but there are also a lot of things I really enjoy about the game. Just because I dislike certain features (really, really dislike) doesn't mean I can't really, really love other features of the game. I can simultaneously praise and criticize a game, but people don't seem to realize this. 

We will never learn that there's a middle ground because "we" assumes a collective conscious that's reasonable. "We" as individuals likely all recognize there's a middle ground, but "we" don't recognize that everyone else recognizes this, which means we all default to picking a side and running with it. You're not wasting your time and I believe in your statement 100%, but I doubt it will change anything. 

^

Thanks for explaining what I meant though. I had no idea. And yes, you will probably recieve a warning while I get a ban. Won't miss the forums thoufg. I'd rather enjoy the game than trying to dig and dig through the forums to find valid discussions about how to move Arma ahead rather than the same old give me this give me that bullshit. I was just trying to fit in. Ciao!

So you're confirming that you were acting like a horse's ass on purpose? Better yet, now you're leaving? Great, glad to hear it.

Last time someone called people out like that Christianity literally split in two.

That said; I don't mind the fact that the new uniforms and vests are just old retextured ones. For a single military (Let's assume NATO and CSAT are at this point) fielding different uniforms to parts of the world which are more or less the same temperature doesn't make a lot of sense (but I do agree they could use a  touch-up). What I do dislike is that all the NATO Pacific gear looks utterly lifeless. Everything is bland and spotless. The uniforms (and vests/backpacks) don't even look like cloth, they looks like a latex suits with camouflage print (and an almost monochromatic one at that).

I don't mind the rubbery cleanness of the CTRG uniforms though, it suits them, being sooper-dooper high tech IR masking and all. Speaking of CTRG, they could have done with a new plate carrier-esque vest, or even the old CTRG vests. They just look silly in their tactical vests and AAF grenadier vests without the digital camo.

The stealth combat helmet doesn't really do anything the stealth balaclava + regular helmet don't do already. I'd much prefer it's inclusion as a new variant of the NATO helmet, aimed at CQC (or Prowler gunners, that's the sort of job the face thing IRL was developed for). 

The real issue isn't that there's a single uniform or plate carrier, it's just that their models and textures are so old that they're remarkably poor when compared to all of the newer gear. We've seen what they have the ability to make and we want more of it, especially when they're about to debut a new map and new camo, so it's rather sane to assume they'll redo the old uniforms so that they look as good as everything else that's new, but instead what we've gotten so far is just retextures of the old gear. I've got no problem with retextures so long as they're retexturing something high quality. At this point, however, the models for NATO clothing and vests are bordering on, what, 5 or 6 years old? They pre-date the current development team leader of ArmA III and were debuted in something like 2011. The vests don't even match what the players wear in terms of camo or the magazines they use in terms of weapons, and it's just visually grating.

I agree with the retexture jobs being rather bland as well. I love the new Multicam Tropic and think it's a beautiful texture, but much like the MX rifles it's just way too clean and unissued. It looks like something that's been in a hermetically sealed chamber, which is so wrong when juxtaposed to photos of the USMC in the Pacific during WWII where their clothes were torn or rotting off (not saying I even want them this level of damaged, though). They would/will be great when they fix some of the wonky colors and maybe rub some dirt on 'em, but that'll just be a nice texture over an outdated model. 

• Like 2

The old soft headgear (bandanas, booniehats, etc.) and some vests (CSAT load-bearing vests for example) still show up on thermals even when soldiers wear TI-proof uniforms and masks which does not make all that much sense:

20160628100832_1q4kfl.jpg

• Like 2

i wish bis chose to do more blank-flag or implement a general "nato flag" for nato vests, since nato as a faction is multinational.

• Like 1

The NATO units in the game are the US army. They would wear their own flag, even if they did have a separate NATO patch kind of like CTRG. Also, there is now a 'no flag' variant of one of the plate carriers.

I suspect the "no flag" variant is meant for clandestine CTRG ops. I noticed that those are the very same vests that CTRG uses in vanilla, only green and with a different, generic name. They do go nicely with the new uniforms (well, as much as anything can go "nicely" with that camo, anyway...).

There's something alive in my bergen......

• Like 8

My only crituqe is that the tactical chest rig sits to low down on the soldiers body, its more of a belly rig then a chest rig.

As a former soldier I can understand why its on the belly however reality it would be hard to go prone and looks less then awesome.

Also the Bergin Model is far to tall it needs to be reduced, at the moment it looks like what we would call a kit mongs bergin / guin bergin / remf bergin.

http://www.thearmybox.com/image/cache/data/backup/detailed/235_bergen_02-900x900.jpg

Should be lower down like so, and most soldiers well all dont use the waist straps as they rub something awfull

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/attachments/danny-nightingale-jpg.100198/

Chest Rig Northern Ireland Issue worn appropriatly by a SAS Trooper.

• Like 1

My only crituqe is that the tactical chest rig sits to low down on the soldiers body, its more of a belly rig then a chest rig.

As a former soldier I can understand why its on the belly however reality it would be hard to go prone and looks less then awesome.

Also the Bergin Model is far to tall it needs to be reduced, at the moment it looks like what we would call a kit mongs bergin / guin bergin / remf bergin.

Huh, before you pointed that out I didn't actually realize how low the chest rig sits, which is funny because I own one in real life and know just about where it should be sitting. Totally agree now that I've taken the time to look at it: needs to be higher up.

Also, I laughed at kit mong's bergin. Never heard that one before, but I like it. 

Good day!
I have a few questions (problems):
1) Could you add for new viper harness pouches for grenades, pistol mag pouches? Vest pouches have only a rifle mags and for MG boxes (viper light harness);
2) Maybe you add a holster for the CSAT (Vipers)? Special forces without holster for pistol (but they have pistols) - amazingly;
3) Planned to add more variations vests for all side? MG? Sniper? I remember you wrote about expansion of content for Apex, I hope that's not all.
Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

A small bug report: Insignias can't be added to the new Syndicate uniforms. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118777

It's normal that some uniforms don't allow for unit insignias; that depends on the model I believe.

It's normal that some uniforms don't allow for unit insignias; that depends on the model I believe.

The one called Syndicate uniform is the same model as AAF officer uniform which has working insignias. Also I don't see why some uniforms shouldn't have this capability (except the ones with muscle shirts and T-shirts).

on the topic of insignias, the ctrg stealth fatigues seem to default to an insignia patch, which overrides the selection of "empty". this is extremely annoying!

• Like 1

Why don't the Nato Pacific units have updated night thermal goggles? Seems like they got a raw deal on their gear.

csat regulars dont get thermal nvgs either. these are expensive pieces of kit.

Ok granted but the Special forces don't get the top of the line gear I can see the regular soldiers getting mid level gear but not the Spec ops.

CTRG and Viper are arma3's true tier 1 operator outfits, that's where you will find the thermal goggles used. the other "special forces" are more part of the regular army, just given special assignments like reconnaissance that prioritizes stealth and economy so you dont overgear for that stuff with heavy plates and fancy electronics because if you really need it then it means you already failed in doing your job.

irl even among special forces, the most advanced gear is only allocated to very specific missions, like the use of gpnvg-18s in neptune spear

CTRG is a UKSF Unit I am talking about the US Special Forces where is their elite TIER 1 Operators like the other factions have?

apparently CTRG has now been expanded to be a pan-NATO tier 1 outfit lol.

there is no US-only tier 1 team in arma 3 for better or worse

Yes TIER 1 are the top echelon multinational Units but the question still remains where is the US TIER 1 Unit for Arma 3 as the CSAT now have Viper and The UK have CTRG?

i think you misunderstood, CTRG is not UK-only, in apex they seem to be an amalgamation of all NATO tier 1 outfits, including US.

note the CTRG emblem does not have the UK flag but rather the NATO star. atm CTRG units also have american voices, you can assume in the arma 3 world JSOC has folded with SAS, SBS, KSK, GROM, etc. to form CTRG.

Good catch on the CTRG patch Bis must be leaning towards something along those lines in the new campaign story line I would think. I still would like to see a US specific TIER 1 unit within Apex full release:)

It would be nice to have a carry-rig or plate carrier which matched with CTRG camo. So far all the Khaki/Tropic gear is a little too green and glossy for the more subdued CTRG camo.

• Like 1

It's a shame that you can't use scopes with the "Viper team" helmet vision modes, but I guess it's inevitable with how BI implemented that...

The one called Syndicate uniform is the same model as AAF officer uniform which has working insignias. Also I don't see why some uniforms shouldn't have this capability (except the ones with muscle shirts and T-shirts).

I meant the ones you mentioned.

Speaking of insignias, they look terrible in certain (on Tanoa almost every) light conditions. There's this glowing blue-ish frame around the insignias making them easy to spot from a distance. I realise that this has been a problem since they were first introduced in Bootcamp, and thus it's not specifically Apex related. I know it's due to the fact that insignias don't have proper .RVMATs and stuff assigned. I don't know, maybe we can get some sort of default material / lighting configuration for insignias so they just look matt instead?

It would be nice to have a carry-rig or plate carrier which matched with CTRG camo. So far all the Khaki/Tropic gear is a little too green and glossy for the more subdued CTRG camo.

I strongly assume that the current CTRG loadouts are work-in-progress. Can't imagine they'll stick to the bright olive coloured heavy AAF vest for example. Let's hope we'll get some dazzle camoed vests.

• Like 1