solzenicyn

Apex Gear Feedback

to be nitpicking  I didn't understand why the paramilitary pants are brown instead olive drab...........

Because when they shit you wont see it  :lol:  :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Please Bis remove the kefiah at least on Syndiakat faction, seems that,in around the world, military people  wearing a kefiah

and please fix the texture  AAF olive vest!

jsln45.jpg

Hi there

Now that the art dept seem to be getting back to business after what I imagine was some well earned R&R.

There's a bunch of texture related fixes that could go for a fix.

For starts; a fix for the 'glowing' Full Ghillie (Jungle) [CSAT] (right of image) would be great.

Most apparent under jungle canopy shadow.

Matching it's NATO counterpart (left of image) even as a temporary measure would go some way to making it usable.

In it's current state though it is just not usable.

3nzsOmrc.jpg

In addition

There is also a serious LOD change on the Full Ghillie (Jungle) [NATO] that at ~12m (cam moving away) and at ~16m (cam moving towards) the trousers turns bright sand:

6orXXxMh.jpg

Under ~10m or above ~17m it returns to a dark colour:

EalxQ9bn.jpg

On a side note:

The sniper weapons could go for a bit of darkening as they stand out a mile away in most situations, especially in the jungle.

• Like 2

On a side note:

The sniper weapons could go for a bit of darkening as they stand out a mile away in most situations, especially in the jungle.

Most weapons are too light and stand out too much because of the lightness. We now have whitish rifles instead of tan and gray rifles instead of black.. I really hope they'll fix it.

Most weapons are too light and stand out too much because of the lightness. We now have whitish rifles instead of tan and gray rifles instead of black.. I really hope they'll fix it.

It's the light reflection mostly. I get the feeling that was actually a design edition. But the more I compare mod weapons from RHS or Toadie to vanilla weapons, the more annoying this shinyness becomes. At the moment, the AK12 is almost unusable. It looks like it got a chrome finish. Totally sticks out in the jungle. A shame since it's such a nice model. Even the MX, which I guess would be made of some light plastic in real life, shines bright under certain light conditions.

It's the light reflection mostly.

T'is ideed the light which makes (older) weapons and uniform items seem too bright. I'm now playing a nice mission playing a (black) Taru helo on Tanoa, but when you get of the helicopter, the Taru pilot uniform is too bright and almost glowing compared with the newer Tanoa items. Just like the sniper uniform and other items. It seems that many original items are incompatible with APEX lighting / items. You can't just turn the brightness down, because some other things will then look too dark.

I am very worried that the overly bright and shiny items won't be fixed because it's affects a lot of things from overly bright aircraft dashboard gauges to whitish weapons to glowing uniforms and pink scope reticules.

I'm afraid it's impossible to make these things look good with the current lighting and it will require texture changes to fix.

T'is ideed the light which makes (older) weapons and uniform items seem too bright. I'm now playing a nice mission playing a (black) Taru helo on Tanoa, but when you get of the helicopter, the Taru pilot uniform is too bright and almost glowing compared with the newer Tanoa items. Just like the sniper uniform and other items. It seems that many original items are incompatible with APEX lighting / items. You can't just turn the brightness down, because some other things will then look too dark.

I am very worried that the overly bright and shiny items won't be fixed because it's affects a lot of things from overly bright aircraft dashboard gauges to whitish weapons to glowing uniforms and pink scope reticules.

I'm afraid it's impossible to make these things look good with the current lighting and it will require texture changes to fix.

They could fix it by adjusting the specular maps for these textures. It's possible, just look at community-made weapons and items. RHS ones for example. Or compare Toadie's AK-12 to the Apex AK-12. It's like day and night.

Just some observations. The Pacific Nato autorifleman is wearing a green vest, not a tropical vest like the rest of their squad.   The pacific goggles are not part of the stealth balaclava+goggles combi. (They have sand instead)

Wondering when the gear will be unencrypted, I want to make some reskins of that stealth helmet, the faceplate is cool.