Sign in to follow this  
balkan

Outflanking me ? i dont think so !

Cool! I have a AGP geforce 4 would it be possible to add 2 PCI geforce 2's ? biggrin.gif I have those laying about anyway! smile.gif and two free PCI slots. If its possible the laugh factor alone would be worth the time involved. ANyone know if its possible with that setup? I have the slots.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Oct. 31 2002,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Oct. 31 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Axek @ Oct. 31 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks nice, but as mentioned already, it would be more useful if the other monitors could be showing different angle points of view.  i.e. +45 and -45 degree, then +90 and -90.

Like this Useful Multiple Monitor Support.

Axek.<span id='postcolor'>

that is a fake, the pc are independent one from another. ha ha fooled me too when I saw it a year ago<span id='postcolor'>

What's your problem with OpFlash: Resistance running on three monitors? Why do say it's fake if you don't know anything about it? Sometimes I really don't get why do you complain about things you don't have or don't want to have...

All you need is: Resistance and 1.85 patch (this is a new feature in 1.85 and above only!wink.gif, Matrox Perhelia graphics card, 3 monitors and proper configuration. And believe me, it's amazing because you have peripheral vision in the game. But I guess it's something you must see to believe... We don't expect normal users to go for this setup but we have users of our engine that will really use it so it's there now.

It's right that in 1.85 the all 2d overlays are stretched - not nice but still playable without problems. Fix for this is planed in the next patch.<span id='postcolor'>

MARUK, no never, I would never say that the ofp pic was fake, I was talking about that link that I quoted where there is like a flight simulator with 10 monitors tounge.gif . You know that I think that ofp is the best he he

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Nov. 01 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MARUK, no never, I would never say that the ofp pic was fake, I was talking about that link that I quoted where there is like a flight simulator with 10 monitors  tounge.gif . You know that I think that ofp is the best he he<span id='postcolor'>

My fault, I apologize. I misunderstood your post and I also wanted to clarify to everyone that OpFlash on 3 monitors is something really amazing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Nov. 01 2002,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OpFlash on 3 monitors is something really amazing.<span id='postcolor'>

oh yes, I'm sure it is.....but i cant afford it sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Oct. 30 2002,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the rez is still streched across the screen. You do have a wider FOV, but the image is streched. Look at this:

800_fpres_5.jpg

You have to look close, but look at the crosshairs in the middle monitor. How would you hit anything with that? I'm not knocking it, the triple head monitor looks nice, but for me the money is better spent on other things. I don't know how much this will take off having to have 3 monitors. My second monitor I have is from my 486 from 92 and is a nice 14in job. can't wait to upgrade that one.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

That's disgusting. You have to look all the way to the left just to see your action menu. AND part of the gun is on the left monitor.

I really couldn't play like that. You may get better FOV but at such a cost is unacceptable. If they could bring the action menu over and not cut the gun in two then fine.

Otherwise I can't bear to watch such evil inflicted upon this game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ Nov. 01 2002,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's disgusting. You have to look all the way to the left just to see your action menu. AND part of the gun is on the left monitor.<span id='postcolor'>

The answer is:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's right that in 1.85 the all 2d overlays are stretched - not nice but still playable without problems. Fix for this is planed in the next patch. <span id='postcolor'>

Almost all 2D overlays (including action menu) will be on the central screen in next patch. Stay tuned.

well, i have a SONY 21" monitor and 5.1 SONY surround sound theatre system for OFP, if i had three MONITORS i would be in HEAVEN!

Soon though.

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PLaTinUM @ Nov. 01 2002,06wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, i have a SONY 21" monitor and 5.1 SONY surround sound theatre system for OFP, if i had three MONITORS i would be in HEAVEN!

Soon though.<span id='postcolor'>

You too ?  I have the P1110 flat screen model, which one do you have ?    In all my years of being a graphic designer this one is by far the best monitor with the most awesome of color, clarity, brightness, contrast and sharpness.

I'm sure I could buy another two of these for about $350 each on ebay, and then that video card, but spending almost a grand would probably cause me to completely cease spending any time outdoors as I'd be glued to the screen in all my spare time.

A grand may not seem like so much cash, but is it worth it ?  How much cash do we spend on our home computer systems before we realize it's just a little too much, and that there are more important/joyful things in life to focus on.

It looks very awesome and I'm sure it is, but sheerly for entertainment I'm not sure whether it's worth the price, at least for the average folks like us.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ Nov. 01 2002,05:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's disgusting. You have to look all the way to the left just to see your action menu. AND part of the gun is on the left monitor.<span id='postcolor'>

*scratches head*

And my beer is in the fridge in the other room and I have to move all they way over their, discusting smile.gif

COLINMAN

So has this been fixed with 1.91? and again - Is it possible to run only two monitors - one for center and another for right or left and not divide the screens so the recticle is lost between the two?

I have a Geforce4 with 3 connections, can I use that... or is parhelia the only card that can use three monitors...

Interesting...but owning a jet fighter plane would be interesting too if I had the money wink.gif

Monitors ain´t cheap, and most people probably don´t have tables that would fit three monitors anyway. And then a Parhelia, which certainly isn´t the best card out there.

Nice... but I would rather have a networked version of this, where three computers would be networked, showing view of one player... Doom had this for example (back in -93), and MS Flight sims like someone already mentioned. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Jan. 11 2003,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice... but I would rather have a networked version of this, where three computers would be networked, showing view of one player... Doom had this for example (back in -93), and MS Flight sims like someone already mentioned. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think it should be possible to implement this with camera scripting - and knowing whats scripts you already have done, I am quite confident you would be able to implement this too.

I haven't seen anyone talk about performance when running all 3 monitors at once.

Any specs w/ this card?

I guess the only variables would be CPU and Memory since you can only do this w/ one type of video card.