Sign in to follow this  
akm74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

This is looking to be a great game, a FPS fallout. The storyline is very promising and so is the game engine. I really can't wait for this one!

There's a leaked Alpha build that I've been reading up on.

*ahem* wink_o.gif

mad_o.gif

Yeah, those pictures are most probably taken in the helicopter "museum" outside of Moscow, I would love to go there. Just gotta save up for the trip smile_o.gif

Also, does anyone know if we will be making our own character or if we will be playing a character designed by the game developers?

Not at all. The requirements are less than you would think smile_o.gif

Not at all. The requirements are less than you would think  smile_o.gif

But they increased lately. I think, I posted the old ones a few pages back.

From the FAQ (No, not Avons...)

Quote[/b] ]Q: What are the system requirements of the game?

A: A touchy issue. System requirements have been changed several times. In the end, the support of video cards of the generation of GeForce2 was cancelled. Now, the minimum requirements are GeForce3/Radeon8500 and P3-1GHz. It will be possible to comfortably play on a P4 with half a gig of RAM, and a video card from the middle of the range of GeForceFX or Radeon 9xxx. The maximum appetite of the engine tends towards infinity.

Edit: Bah, the link in the old post (page 6) is broken...

That's true, but that's less than Albert's post above tounge_o.gif

I've found that requirements increasingly don't mean jack. To use an analogy- all that is really required to keep a human being alive is an iron lung and an IV, but do you really want to live like that? I think not. I'm more interested in system 'reccomendations', instead.

Frenchman is back from the dead! tounge_o.gif

Concerning the M134: I am pretty sure that the M134 was taken out since...well..you would have more damage done to you than the person you are shooting at if it was not mounted on a stable position. This was taken out, along with the robot seen in one of the trailers and the high tech HUD.

@ Jan. 28 2004,04:53)]

I've found that requirements increasingly don't mean jack. To use an analogy- all that is really required to keep a human being alive is an iron lung and an IV, but do you really want to live like that? I think not. I'm more interested in system 'reccomendations', instead.

I know what you are saying....things like OFP will run on a P3-500 (just not very well)

But when there are games that require Pixel Shader Vers 1.1 etc, then you have to meet those requirements. Recent examples include the DeusEx2 Demo. You can only run that on a DX8 card or higher, much to my annoyance. And more and more games are coming out now that require you to have a DX8 card. It's those sort of requirements that are very important to know about, as opposed to being just a recommendation, if you catch my drift smile_o.gif

A little update:

Seems the release is postponed to 2nd half of 2004. Overview

Good news - the later I have to buy me a new PC, the better it can handle OFP2  biggrin_o.gif

And another bummer - they are seriously considering to drop Coop-Multiplayer mode; big discussions about that on their

Forum.

lol...like iD hardly bothering to put a MP mode in Doom3? rock.gif No, developers have to be constantly reminded of these things. sad_o.gif

A first gameplay video and some more news are now available

Start page

Unfortunatly I can't watch it at the office (Quicktime 37MB) - has anybody seen it already?

lol...like iD hardly bothering to put a MP mode in Doom3? rock.gif No, developers have to be constantly reminded of these things.  sad_o.gif

Didn't all big iD games (Doom I, Doom II, Quake I and Quake II) have co-op mode rock.gif?

It seems I'm having problems downloading the trailer? Nothing happens and the screen is white?

Edit: silly me, now it works

smile_o.gif

lol...like iD hardly bothering to put a MP mode in Doom3? rock.gif No, developers have to be constantly reminded of these things.  sad_o.gif

Didn't all big iD games (Doom I, Doom II, Quake I and Quake II) have co-op mode rock.gif?

Um....yes. Which is why leaving it out of D3 is gonna suck the fat one.

Anyway I'll be too busy playing STALKER to care.

I like the music in the video. I hope that blow out at the end will be a regular effect that happens once and awhile(after a few days), as one of the strange happenings that are featured. smile_o.gif

EDIT!: What was the helicopter in the begining? The pilot was speaking American English.... rock.gif