cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

Works fairly well... reason I didnt add it to main thread is that is an addition to SP version only...  

Helps get going but they do run out of ammo quickly... kinda a pain in the rear...

not sure how to handle that... maybe a special ammo crate in certain locations that refills all the ai ammo...

At the rate the AI spends ammo I would almost give them infinite ammo. Kinda defeats the purpose of the mission though. Even if it is just the AI teammates.

Increase time between shots or bursts based on range? (Time to aim?) Increase pause when red/low on ammo?

At the rate the AI spends ammo I would almost give them infinite ammo. Kinda defeats the purpose of the mission though. Even if it is just the AI teammates.

When around zombies I keep them on "Hold Fire" and kill the zeds with a handgun. As soon as they detect something else I tell them to open fire. That's micromanagement and not very fun, but not much choice.

Or maybe zeds wearing military uniforms should carry ammo to balance this? I understand they could drop their guns when they got infected, but why would they want to empty their pockets too?

@Cosmic10r

Great mission, I like it very much, thanks for your work. It would be great if you could do a SP version for Esseker map. ;)

• Like 1

When around zombies I keep them on "Hold Fire" and kill the zeds with a handgun. As soon as they detect something else I tell them to open fire. That's micromanagement and not very fun, but not much choice.

Ravage has a built-in function wich does exactly that.

Next time try to let them on "Hold Fire" : they should be able to ignore that order if zombies are closer than 30 meters (might be a bit short, I'll probably increase the trigger distance).

If they don't, tell me and I'll discipline them! ;)

• Like 1

Ravage has a built-in function wich does exactly that.

Next time try to let them on "Hold Fire" : they should be able to ignore that order if zombies are closer than 30 meters (might be a bit short, I'll probably increase the trigger distance).

If they don't, tell me and I'll discipline them! ;)

You should definitely talk to them. With 0.1.35 I saw zeds meleeing my teammates on Hold Fire with impunity until I noticed, or once I left one outside on Hold fire while looting a house and when I got back he was dead. So I resorted to leaving them in the car while I was going around looting. I don't see anything new on this matter in the 0.1.36 changelog and I am not restarting "A Mission" or "Escape" until they are updated for 0.1.36, so I suppose that this "Hold Fire" thingie was already present in 0.1.35, but I didn't see it in action.

Also, I've just have re-read the 0.1.36 changelog, I noticed that I won't be able to leave them in the car anymore. Now I don't know what to do. We already have this frustrating feature that won't spawn loot near the car, so instead of using the smart, safe and optimal approach by driving right next to a house we loot, we need to leave it far and then waste a lot of time going back and forth. Now we can't leave the dummass AI teammates temporary in a safe spot. How about:

1. If the car is 100% fixed then zombies can't smell its occupants? (oh, and can we have it not look all rusty then?)

2. zeds in military uniforms drop ammo to compensate for AIs inability to kill a slow melee opponent at 30 meters with one bullet?

Increase time between shots or bursts based on range? (Time to aim?) Increase pause when red/low on ammo?

I will do a bit of testing and see how its working...

Or maybe zeds wearing military uniforms should carry ammo to balance this? I understand they could drop their guns when they got infected, but why would they want to empty their pockets too?

We will try to come up with something to balance the gameplay out that way a bit... i agree the micromanagement gets  irritating.

@Cosmic10r

Great mission, I like it very much, thanks for your work. It would be great if you could do a SP version for Esseker map. ;)

Thanks ... Now that Esseker has been updated I should likely throw it together ;)

• Like 4

Cant be serious!!! Esseker with Escape mission of sp version!!!! Exciting!!! Really looking forward !!!

nice scarf

20160607183550_1_zpsriasvvy8.jpg

we tried to hole up in a super market

20160607183846_1_zps0nxdzfhh.jpg

Indiana over there got punched

20160607183851_1_zps6q4esvni.jpg

20160607184037_1_zpsqa423fjc.jpg

i swear i share the gear....

20160607183956_1_zpsm0ze31sv.jpg

20160607183938_1_zpskmnbepk7.jpg

• Like 5

Tanoa version ...... nice.  You will share with us? :mellow:

I'm doing a little play testing for zombie and loot spawn... but a SP Tanoa version is coming soon...

• Like 4

I'm doing a little play testing for zombie and loot spawn... but a SP Tanoa version is coming soon...

what about MP ? rly we need new V :D

Great mission but the number of zeds was insane for a solo player lol. The only other issue I had was, why is there no holster weapon option? The sheer number of zeds makes having it almost invaluable especially as a solo player. Since you cant outrun a runner when you have your weapon out, and trying to get to a building or something that you can climb onto with Enhanced Movement, is really really difficult. But all in all, great mod, I loved all the extras and the camps.

First off, I just want to say this is a great mission. Thanks to all involved! Played the version off of Armaholic with a couple friends and we had a good time. However, this brings me to my question. I tried to run the 1.1 versions, but whenever I try to start one of them up I get the following error message:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Unlocked_Uniforms"

I have the latest version of Ravage and CBA, which is what the only requirements are, correct? Was there an unintended mod dependency left in in 1.1, or did the mod requirements change for the newest version?

Probably unintended : unlocked_uniforms configs are already present in Ravage, so there's no need to use it.

• Like 1

Probably unintended : unlocked_uniforms configs are already present in Ravage, so there's no need to use it.

Good to know. Have been including it in any and all missions where I may loot another uniform anyway.

I tried to run the 1.1 versions

Where did you get the 1.1 version? All I am seeing is the 0.1 version, MP and SP, in the second post and on Armaholic. I am waiting for a version updated for the latest Ravage but am only seeing the old 0.1 everywhere.

Sorry guys.

That is definately unintended.. I will make sure that is removed for next version.

I'll have to go back in the thread to see what fixes need to be made but 0.1 is still the only version out.

I'm not sure it's worth releasing the Tanoa version now as 1.37 Ravage Apex Edition will have many things that help make Tanoa a great experience as you have seen in the change logs.

That being said it might be worth updating Altis versions b4 Apex is released on main branch.

• Like 1

Where did you get the 1.1 version? All I am seeing is the 0.1 version, MP and SP, in the second post and on Armaholic. I am waiting for a version updated for the latest Ravage but am only seeing the old 0.1 everywhere.

I got them from the dropbox link cosmic posted on the previous page here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189683-mp-ravage-coop-6-the-escape/?p=3025717Those were the ones that were throwing the error. The one off of Armaholic didn't. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry guys.

That is definately unintended.. I will make sure that is removed for next version.

I'll have to go back in the thread to see what fixes need to be made but 0.1 is still the only version out.

I'm not sure it's worth releasing the Tanoa version now as 1.37 Ravage Apex Edition will have many things that help make Tanoa a great experience as you have seen in the change logs.

That being said it might be worth updating Altis versions b4 Apex is released on main branch.

Not a problem! Thanks for taking a look at it, and I'm def looking forward to the updated version.

Sorry guys.

May as well hold off for Ravage 1.37 on both. Unless you are not adding anything more from 1.37 to the Altis version. It's what, just under 3 weeks away if he is releasing it with APEX?

Hi it's me again, congrats for the misson, i played a long time ago, 3 things about.

1. Great job, your guys rules.

2. the revive system was causing a bug*, so i make a mix using the same script FAR_revive (i dont know if i need put the link or somentig, if is i put later on edit)

3. i was tryng to setup some kind of respawn mobile, or respawn on campfire/sleepbag/camping tent (me and my friends get killed but not in the same time, so the group is fall apart)

Thanks again. (sorry for bad english)

EDIT: somehow the endgame revive was causing the character lost all itens.

We got a chance to test the respawn point moving trigger and it works great.

Once you get to the IR tent and run through it you can then respawn at that point. 

There are two located in the SE version as shown by the markers on this map.

Should allow groups to stay together better and gives another choice... do you go there or not?

one in the middle and one bottom right

20160720150315_1_zpszssel0mp.jpg

So to be clear, the repawn point is static at the airbase on the starting island until you get to Respawn marker

Once you get to the marker run through the IR tent and the respawn point will now be at that location.

Get to the Respawn Marker 1 and do the same and it will then be at that point so you are not reset at basically the starting point

• Like 1

moved vids to next post

Test mission was a hoot.

We all spawned and we couldnt find tourist so we "appropriated" some jetskis to find him.

He was around the bluff but we immediately came into contact with some bandits and I got shot on my jetski and had to respawn at airbase.

The other guys survived and we met up again before proceeding towards the airbase because there was a vehicle there (we had site debug set to on for testing purposes)

We got into a heavy contact at Airport as you see below where BB and Tourist went in for weapons and I covered them.