Sign in to follow this  
coolfact

Remove diaryrecords?

A while back I found this piece of code (can't remember where), I believe it's used to delete diaryrecord. However I am not familiar with GUI, so if someone is able to help me get started I would be grateful.

//Remove Diary
class RscDisplayDiary {
    idd = 129;
    movingEnable = 0;

class Controls {
        delete Diary;
        delete DiaryIndex;
        delete B_Quit;
        delete B_Add;
        delete DiaryPage;
        delete DiaryTitle;
        delete DiaryBackground;
    };
};

Okay found the source of the code from a DayZ Github, where it's stated in line (426-440), still can't find where this piece of code getting called. Is there any coders with knowledge about DayZ code which can help me?

A while back I found this piece of code (can't remember where), I believe it's used to delete diaryrecord. However I am not familiar with GUI, so if someone is able to help me get started I would be grateful.

//Remove Diary
class RscDisplayDiary {
    idd = 129;
    movingEnable = 0;

class Controls {
        delete Diary;
        delete DiaryIndex;
        delete B_Quit;
        delete B_Add;
        delete DiaryPage;
        delete DiaryTitle;
        delete DiaryBackground;
    };
};

This is config file. Not sqf script. You would need to pack this into an addon.

I am gravedigging this thread, because I have the same question and I am unable to find results.

Did anyone ever manage to remove a created diary record? Not necessarily all at once, but a certain topic? So far I am unable to produce anything that works.

Maybe use tasks for information that will be changing during the mission instead?  Can you set them to nil?

But tasks would appear under the tasks tab and I don't think it's possible to move them somewhere else.

Sure, but that's more important to you?  Removing the information or having information in the "wrong" spot.

Removing the information. :D

I mean, I could as well just add a new diary entry and keep the old one... but then it will be "out of order", which probably annoys the hell out of me at some point.

Weird how there apparently is no native solution for removing a diary entry. Did nobody ever need this?

/Edit: Alternative would be to update the existing text. But I'll guess this isn't possible either?

/Edit2: Going the way of the first post (via Rsc stuff) would be an option too, but honestly, I have no idea how to work with this RscDisplayMain stuff.

brute force time

This will prevent the player from selecting the desired diary subject (unless they click like a mad man but even then it will appear for less than a second). It won't hide the subjects name either.

h =[] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 12)}; 
	disableSerialization; 

_a = player createDiarySubject ["testPage1","My page 1"];
	_b = player createDiarySubject ["testPage2","My page 2"];
	player createDiaryRecord ["testPage1", ["Intel", "TEST 1 "]];
	player createDiaryRecord ["testPage2", ["Intel", "TEST 2"]];
	INDEX = [_a];

["HGF", "onEachFrame", {
		{
			((findDisplay 12) displayCtrl 1001) lbSetData [(_x-2), ""];
		} forEach INDEX;
	}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;
};

I originally tried to delete the subject from the listbox but it seemed to add it back each time and prevent me from selecting any further custom subject:

h = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 12)}; 
	disableSerialization; 

_a = player createDiarySubject ["testPage1","My page 1"];
	_b = player createDiarySubject ["testPage2","My page 2"];
	player createDiaryRecord ["testPage1", ["Intel", "TEST 1 "]];
	player createDiaryRecord ["testPage2", ["Intel", "TEST 2"]];
	INDEX = [_a];

["HGF", "onEachFrame", {
		{
			((findDisplay 12) displayCtrl 1001) lbDelete (_x-2);
		} forEach INDEX;
	}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;
};

Some time ago I attempted to overwrite/erase diary/briefing records... I failed :)

I searched through uinamespace, mission namespace and local player object namespace. no data related in there

afaik there is no way to remove entry once added. Sort of like when you add record to a real life paper diary it stays there and you could only add more.

I can always remove a page from a paper diary. Besides, it's the year 2035- we ain't using no paper diary no more. :>

Tried hallyg's stuff above. It actually kind of works in a limited way. Funny enough, with the first one I am not only adding two new pages, but also removing the Team-tab.

Update. (Literally)

As I just found out by accident... It's actually extremely easy to *update* an existing diary entry. Just create a new diary record without changing the title. This will add the new text to the top of the exiting one. Use like this:

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", [localize "STR_A3_diary_situation_title", "original text is here"]];
    player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", [localize "STR_A3_diary_situation_title", "test1"]];
    player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", [localize "STR_A3_diary_situation_title", "test2"]];

It's not removing an entry, but at least it updates the existing without cluttering up the menu too much...

• Like 1

An overhaul to the diary system is long due.

Or best a replacement for it.

I'd rather set up my own dialog to display information than using the diary.

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers

• Like 1