Rename the CfgPatches class name of the components and also the addons/test to addons/modname_componentname

For ex. addons/faction_blu_f

I'm sorry, I don't know what a component is to re-name it?

This is the top of my CfgPatches right now-

class CfgPatches {"BLU_AI"}
    class BLU_AI {
        units[] = {all the unit names}

I didn't see any " addons/test " apart from the $PBOPREFIX$ , so I changed that to- 

x\BLU\addons\BLU_AI

Your mod folder structure should be BLU/addons/BLU_AI

Your other mod that you are trying to run alongside this one shoukd be named differently. Then they should work just fine when ran at the same time.

Detection is really nice, it really gives new dimensions to the gameplay. But is it possible to make the bad guys react to pistols? Right now primary weapons are a big no no, but running around with a side arm (and even killing one of their dudes right in front of them with it) sparks no reaction.

@spyderblack723 and @easyeb: do silencers make a difference? Only time I saw that behaviour was when I was dressed as civilian, had a silenced  MP7 in the backpack and was taking that out unseen, then shooting some officer in the head from behind.  That gave no reaction and is fair&square and what I want to experience.  I should test some more with your setup and report back, easyeb. 

Sidearm are included in the exact same weapons - check code as primary and secondary weapons so if it stopped working, I don't know why.

@spyderblack723 and @easyeb: do silencers make a difference? Only time I saw that behaviour was when I was dressed as civilian, had a silenced  MP7 in the backpack and was taking that out unseen, then shooting some officer in the head from behind.  That gave no reaction and is fair&square and what I want to experience.  I should test some more with your setup and report back, easyeb. 

I might have a script I can help you guys out with? Developed it for one of my missions (unreleased, keep delaying as I learn more stuff!) but it could help take the pressure of Spyder's detection. Was thinking about releasing it standalone anyway. That's presuming you're not so keen to keep working on the detection script Spyder?

• Like 3

Alright, thanks buddy. I'll brush it up and probably release it initially just on the ALiVE forum hopefully in the next few days. 

I appear to be having civilian issues as well, but with CUP Takistani's that I've turn civilian.

I've just dropped one in the editor, checked the config viewer and the side is definitely set to 3. ALiVE seems to spawn the correctly etc, I just don't get the action to interact when I go up to them.

I appear to be having civilian issues as well, but with CUP Takistani's that I've turn civilian.

I've just dropped one in the editor, checked the config viewer and the side is definitely set to 3. ALiVE seems to spawn the correctly etc, I just don't get the action to interact when I go up to them.

Yup, I can't get any custom Civ faction I create to work with Spyder's Civ interaction module. Default alive Civ actions work fine though.

Well first things first. Are they working properly with the vanilla ALiVE insurgency system (revealing Intel, getting recruited, carrying suicide vests, having 'town elders' to talk to, etc)?

I think before someone reports a bug with ORBAT and Spyder Addons, they should confirm if it's a problem with ONLY Spyder Addons or the ALiVE Assymetric system in general.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup, I can't get any custom Civ faction I create to work with Spyder's Civ interaction module. Default alive Civ actions work fine though.

Oops. Ignore my post above.

I'm assuming this answered my question and they they work fine wok vanilla ALiVE insurgency features and just Spyder's civ interaction module is the problem then.

My bad. I should have read ahead. :(

Could also be affecting the ambience module too as I don't see any civies driving around anymore :(

Well, that works for me, the driving.  Even on a map where no pedestrians spawn because it's not indexed properly for ALiVE (CLAFGHAN), I DO get the driving civs.

Well, that works for me, the driving. Even on a map where no pedestrians spawn because it's not indexed properly for ALiVE (CLAFGHAN), I DO get the driving civs.

I think he's talking about the ORBAT civs. I know earlier you were testing a non-ORBAT faction for the driving so figured I'd clarify what JD Wang was saying.

I haven't tested ORBAT civs with it myself.

New release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Oct 21 @ 12:41pm

Changelog

- [Civilian Interaction] Fixed: Civilian Interaction no longer worked on some units.

Known Issues:

- Civilian interaction has one partially mis-functioning question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 4

Awesome man the guys were really missing the civilian interaction. Thanks for the update.

Just a quick question, I've noticed with the CTP on Takistan that it's spawning multiple speakers at each location. Having it select by building always used to do that to me so I've always just let the module spawn them where it wants and that's worked fine.

Lately though it seems to be spawning upwards of 6 speaker towers at every location. Any idea what that could be, and if it's something I could fix at my end?

Awesome man the guys were really missing the civilian interaction. Thanks for the update.

Just a quick question, I've noticed with the CTP on Takistan that it's spawning multiple speakers at each location. Having it select by building always used to do that to me so I've always just let the module spawn them where it wants and that's worked fine.

Lately though it seems to be spawning upwards of 6 speaker towers at every location. Any idea what that could be, and if it's something I could fix at my end?

I posted about this awhile ago. Letting it spawn speakers where it wants to does what you describe, but because the sounds each speaker generates isn't synced to one another, when the CTP plays it sounds terrible and discordant.

What I've done as a workaround, which almost completely eliminates this, is I place a marker on the entire map and put this in the blacklist line. Then, I manually place empty markers in villages, spread more than 1 KM apart so you can't hear them from one another, and put those markers in the whitelist line. To find a decent spread, I spawn in when the CTP is about to play and teleport around the map for a while to see if there's any overlap. For the most part, this method works well.

Yeah I might have to do that. I've tried setting minarets as the building to spawn at but then I end up with half a dozen clustered in the middle of the airbase. :huh:

Try this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd3qbs3zgvkoi9a/SpyderAddons_testbuild.RAR?dl=0

Must be ran by everybody in the server.

Note: Not an official release

WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS WS

To be fair Heroes I tried your fix, and when that didn't work I just gave up on the CTP. It was just one of those things that wasn't high on the priority list to fix, and since I removed it none of my group have even noticed I don't think.