To be fair Heroes I tried your fix, and when that didn't work I just gave up on the CTP. It was just one of those things that wasn't high on the priority list to fix, and since I removed it none of my group have even noticed I don't think.

Try the link I posted ;)

To be fair Heroes I tried your fix, and when that didn't work I just gave up on the CTP. It was just one of those things that wasn't high on the priority list to fix, and since I removed it none of my group have even noticed I don't think.

That's pretty much what I was getting at about my previous "fix." It mostly solved it but not completely which is why I was checking in.

I'll try Spyder's fix here tomorrow and report back and let you guys know.

Spyder hey man this is a very nice improvement with the CTP! I let them spawn everywhere on a 20x20 map, and the with speakers only spawning one at a time (or so it would seem), it makes a big difference! The sounds do still play out of sync between speakers, but it seems they're spread out so far between spawn points it would be very tough to be in a position where you could hear the sound coming from two speakers at the same time. In only one instance was I able to hear two overlapping. Is there a built in minimium radius between speakers now? If so, great job. Perhaps if that's the case you could push it an extra 500m? No biggie if you can't. This is much much better but not only that, manually placing the markers seems to fix that part completely if you spread them out yourself (which is what I do anyway). All this is in SP though so I can't confirm/deny any improvements on a dedicated server ATM.

I am encountering one issue though. Gun shots cut the volume of the CTP sound to almost nothing. This is easy to duplicate. Spawn yourself near a CTP speaker when the sound is playing and then fire your gun (or have an AI fire a gun). The sound drops off the table which is certainly a new problem.

Anyway, I'd say if you can figure the gunshots issue and can't do much else, go ahead and push the update. This is much much better.

Spyder hey man this is a very nice improvement with the CTP! I let them spawn everywhere on a 20x20 map, and the with speakers only spawning one at a time (or so it would seem), it makes a big difference! The sounds do still play out of sync between speakers, but it seems they're spread out so far between spawn points it would be very tough to be in a position where you could hear the sound coming from two speakers at the same time. In only one instance was I able to hear two overlapping. Is there a built in minimium radius between speakers now? If so, great job. Perhaps if that's the case you could push it an extra 500m? No biggie if you can't. This is much much better but not only that, manually placing the markers seems to fix that part completely if you spread them out yourself (which is what I do anyway). All this is in SP though so I can't confirm/deny any improvements on a dedicated server ATM.

I am encountering one issue though. Gun shots cut the volume of the CTP sound to almost nothing. This is easy to duplicate. Spawn yourself near a CTP speaker when the sound is playing and then fire your gun (or have an AI fire a gun). The sound drops off the table which is certainly a new problem.

Anyway, I'd say if you can figure the gunshots issue and can't do much else, go ahead and push the update. This is much much better.

All I did was fix an issue with the module initing on every connecting player, meaning duplicate speakers if there was two players. I can't do anything about volume, make sure you don't have any extra mods enabled.

Hmmm. If that's what was causing the multiple speakers to spawn, I don't see why I would have ever encountered it. I've never hosted a server for anyone other than me. Ever. Perhaps one instance from the client and one instance from the server maybe?

Regarding the sound dropping when shots are fired, I can confirm it happens even with no mods (well I have CBA running if that counts). I'm running a test now on Stratis spawning a vanilla rifleman so it's definitely not mod related. What's strange is, I just loaded up the old version and it does it too. I can't say I ever picked up on this. I wonder why it does that?

For the hell of it, I think I'll run a couple tests on a dedicated server with the old and new versions to see how they handle compared to one another in an online environment.

EDIT: It's not just the CTP that drops in volume when I shoot my gun. It's all environmental sounds in the game (such as water, wind, and whatever those bugs that sounds like summer are). Annoying! Disregard that part.

Yeah! Ah...

Relaxing. :)

It's below freezing in Vermont now and I can see my breath. I miss those guys. :(

So in limited testing, I'd say it's looking much better. I mean, assuming syncing all the speakers to play the sound simultaneously is not possible, I'd say go ahead and push through the update. If you want to wait I'm playing some dedi stuff right now and can report back in a day or two, but all in all it seems better in SP.

• Like 1

spyder,

Is there a way to limit the vehicle spawner usage by, say, only letting it spawn a vehicle every 15 minutes, or 10 times during the mission, or what not?  Could really become a super useful mission maker tool, having basically a controlled vehicle arsenal at each helipad or whatever.

11 minutes ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

spyder,

Is there a way to limit the vehicle spawner usage by, say, only letting it spawn a vehicle every 15 minutes, or 10 times during the mission, or what not?  Could really become a super useful mission maker tool, having basically a controlled vehicle arsenal at each helipad or whatever.

One thing I did in my last ALiVE mission was restrict the vehicles spawned to Landrovers/Jackals etc (light vehicles) and have them spawn quite a way from the base. Then when a player requests the vehicle it spawns along with a helicopter which would slingload the vehicle and fly it to the base before flying off and despawning. This meant there was about 5-8 mins flight time from the time you requested/spawned the vehicle until the time it was delivered. I found it made people take more care of their vehicles rather than treating them as disposable items.

I also used the code part of the spawner to remove all fuel from the vehicle (for "safety" while being transported) and made the players have to bring a fuel truck over to refuel the vehicle once it arrived.

It's not exactly what you were after but it was a really cool system that may give you some ideas. It doesn't always have to make the vehicle appear out of thin air.

1 minute ago, JD Wang said:

One thing I did in my last ALiVE mission was restrict the vehicles spawned to Landrovers/Jackals etc (light vehicles) and have them spawn quite a way from the base. Then when a player requests the vehicle it spawns along with a helicopter which would slingload the vehicle and fly it to the base before flying off and despawning. This meant there was about 5-8 mins flight time from the time you requested/spawned the vehicle until the time it was delivered. I found it made people take more care of their vehicles rather than treating them as disposable items.

I also used the code part of the spawner to remove all fuel from the vehicle (for "safety" while being transported) and made the players have to bring a fuel truck over to refuel the vehicle once it arrived.

It's not exactly what you were after but it was a really cool system that may give you some ideas. It doesn't always have to make the vehicle appear out of thin air.

JD Wang,

did you accomplish the slingload portion by script?  If so, are you willing to share?

I can have a look tonight and pick it out of my mission. It wasn't terribly difficult, and the script is probably a mess, but I'll see what I can do.

2 hours ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

spyder,

Not right now, no. In the future, I guess I could add a condition field to the module that would need to evaluate to true in order for a vehicle to spawn so that users could use their own custom limiters for the module

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spyderblack723 said:

Not right now, no. In the future, I guess I could add a condition field to the module that would need to evaluate to true in order for a vehicle to spawn so that users could use their own custom limiters for the module

That would be perfect.  Is there a better place to submit feedback and feature requests?  https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons/issues

Or do you prefer forum

2 hours ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

That would be perfect.  Is there a better place to submit feedback and feature requests?  https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons/issues

Or do you prefer forum

Github is probably better since I'm immediately notified via email and it's in a place where I can easily refer to it.

• Like 1

Spyder,

Having a new issue this last week where land vehicles' engines will not turn on, and ace interaction will not work.  Everything else works on them.  So far as I can remember, everything worked as late as ACEs 3.1.2, but seems to be broken now.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

30 minutes ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

Spyder,

Having a new issue this last week where land vehicles' engines will not turn on, and ace interaction will not work.  Everything else works on them.  So far as I can remember, everything worked as late as ACEs 3.1.2, but seems to be broken now.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I just ran an op with Spyder Addons on Vietnam and ACE interation was working fine. We boarded a vehicle as well with no issues. When you say vehicles are not turning on, are you talking about vehicles from the spawner module or all vehicles in your mission?

14 hours ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

Spyder,

Vehicle engine issue is caused by a BIS bug. I've fixed it internally and it'll be available in the next release. For now, just respawn the vehicle over and over until the engine is able to be turned on.

Spyder, would you consider updating the official download with the test CTP fix? It seems to work ok but I haven't rigorously tested it. I can do that tonight if you want someone to run it through the ringer before making fix official.

^^^ Unfortunately there does still seem to be an issue with CTP speakers not sycronizing their sounds, even in SP. Long story short, if two speakers spawn within hearing distance of one another, one speaker will play, then a few moments later, the other will play.

Ok I did this, however it`s not working perfectly. Im using Recruit and Spawn vehicle modules in Zeus, and when player with the modules dies, when he respawns he can`t use recruit and spawn vehicle anymore. He can only do it by looking at his death body?! Could someone help me how to fix that?

On 1/6/2017 at 10:08 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

^^^ Unfortunately there does still seem to be an issue with CTP speakers not sycronizing their sounds, even in SP. Long story short, if two speakers spawn within hearing distance of one another, one speaker will play, then a few moments later, the other will play.

Might just be an issue with the sound files. I believe I use (at least) 2 for variety. One might have silence at the beginning while the other does not.

35 minutes ago, ziga.cernic4@hotmail.com said:

Ok I did this, however it`s not working perfectly. Im using Recruit and Spawn vehicle modules in Zeus, and when player with the modules dies, when he respawns he can`t use recruit and spawn vehicle anymore. He can only do it by looking at his death body?! Could someone help me how to fix that?

Set the action to a static item such as a crate / flagpole etc.

• Like 1

Thanks Spyder. I know you are super busy with other projects but I'm happy you've got good guess for what the CTP problem is. That makes perfect sense (maybe you can just make them only play the one track and get rid of the other one(s)?) I look forward to an update but I get it man, no hurry.

Regarding what Ziga said, not sure if it's related (I'm guessing not). I literally discovered this last night right before bed and it's the first time I've seen it. I have one Loadout Manager module synced to around 5 static objects (NATO Ammo crates). Upon respawn, some of the ammo crates disappeared.

I'm not ruling out this was just Arma being Arma. I plan on looking more into it later on but figured it's only fair to mention it just incase BIS changed something about modules and respawning recently. 

13 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Regarding what Ziga said, not sure if it's related (I'm guessing not). I literally discovered this last night right before bed and it's the first time I've seen it. I have one Loadout Manager module synced to around 5 static objects (NATO Ammo crates). Upon respawn, some of the ammo crates disappeared.

I'm not ruling out this was just Arma being Arma.

This must have been Arma just being Arma. I loaded up a dedicated server instance, blew myself up and respawned, and all my Loadout Manager boxes were fine. Weird.

Where am I?

New release

Dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/b14cdoxpbfcdvgz/Spyder_Addons_1724011.RAR?dl=0

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=579263829

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Jan 24 @ 10:10pm

Changelog

- [sup_vehiclespawn] Optimized interface opening, Added custom condition for spawn field
- [amb_ambiance] Added warning note to locations field
- [sup_loadout] Absolutely nothing
- [civ_calltoprayer] Loudspeakers only play sound if they are not destroyed, fix issue where call to prayer was initialized on each connecting client

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 4