zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST=- MP Survival Mission (Now With Base Building)

Balance is a tricky thing.  Too many defibs and people will become careless, too little and you get pinned (then log out).  I've been thinking about the REAL advantage of having AI is 'revive' !  If for instance you have been killed BUT you still have an AI, and that AI manages to kill the enemy AND get to you (doesn't need a defib in this case) then you get revived.  This then means that humans will actively hunt for survivors to go into their team.  You had a great script in Battlezone that could work wonders.

I've not noticed AI inside buildings in the latest build.  AI patrolling INSIDE their building would be really really scary !

The volume of patrolling AI was a little loud, and didn't seem to be affected by hills/buildings.

The REAL challenge in any game is firing WITHOUT using scopes.  Perhaps restrict the use of scopes to completion of missions (or only in military areas), as currently it is a dash to get a support weapon with a high powered scope at the start of any mission.  This however would need a balancing pass, as it is a major change.

Humans should actively hunt for survivors to go into their team - even if its just for cannon fodder and zombie food

The Revive thing wont work as there is no respawn in lost -- AI Units do find medic gear as well as defibs automatically - keep an eye on what they are picking up and check their gear from time to time

Scopes and weapons items can be restricted to military buildings -  I will see what I can do in the params about  Item placement

I've not noticed AI inside buildings in the latest build. AI still patrol but do go wandering out now -  BIS change I think - see what I can do about that.

The volume of patrolling AI was a little loud, - I will lower that

And didn't seem to be affected by hills/buildings - cant do anything about that .

Zombies are defo a big threat now but i personally prefer the slow walkers ( traditional ) type zombie. I had a couple of my A! refuse to move but think that's a BIS thing. I shot one and the other decided to follow, he obviously realised who was in charge lol.

Shame for me that i need to have the DLC helicopers but that's my fault. Having a blast though. 

Quick update again - not worthy of a full version so just replacing V12 REDOWNLOAD V12 again

ZKs -=LOST=- APEX - V12

I updated T-Virus parameter to include T-Virus Active  -- "No", "Yes Walking", "Yes Running", "Yes Both"

Missed a ; that may have upset the AI roaming houses properly

Tweaked the Item Spawning so now houses are full of items up to 75 meters away - so you should not see items pop up in front of you. 

Lowered the squad chatting volume down one notch 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zonekiller said:

Tweaked the Item Spawning so now houses are full of items up to 75 meters away - so you should not see items pop up in front of you. 

This is a big deal !  Thanks ZK.

Looks like I'm going to be playing some LOST tonight :)

EDIT: Been playing on my Altis game.  Seems much better - have now found an AI inside a house.  Cannot hear the AI from too far away.  House items are much better spawning in now.

• Like 2

Hey People -=LOST APEX=- V13 beta for people that like to test stuff is up for testing

Added Item_Spawn.sqf to the items folder.

with this you can control what spawns where

In Item_Spawn.sqf you will find

Array Types - look in Code\Server_Arrays.hpp for detail with whats in each array

0 - ITEM_ARRAY
1 - FOOD_ARRAY
2 - MEDICAL_ARRAY
3 - REPAIR_ARRAY
4 - VEHICLE_ITEMS_ARRAY
5 - TOOLS_ARRAY
6 - UTILITY_ARRAY
7 - CAMPING_ARRAY
8 - WEAPON_ARRAY
9 - AMMO_ARRAY
10 - WEAPON_ITEM_ARRAY
11 - BACKPACK_ARRAY
12 - VEST_ARRAY
13 - UNIFORM_ARRAY
14 - SWIMMING

switch (_build_type) do {
    case "Structures_Military" : { _allowedtypes = [0,1,2,8,9,10,11,12,13]; };
    case "Structures_Infrastructure" : { _allowedtypes = [1,2,6,7];_div = (_div * 0.25) ; };
    case "Structures_Industrial" : { _allowedtypes = [1,2,3,4,5,6,11,12,13,14]; };
    case "Structures_Commercial" : { _allowedtypes = [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14];_div = (_div * 0.5); };
    case "Structures_Airport" : { _allowedtypes = [0,1,2,3,4,6,7,11,12,13,14]; };
    case "Structures_Transport" : { _allowedtypes = [1,2,3,4,5,6,11]; };
    default { _allowedtypes = [0,1,3,4,5,6,7,9,12,13,14]; if ((random 10) < 5) then {_allowedtypes = _allowedtypes + [2,8,11]}; }; // randomly add extra item types 
};

_allowedtypes  is  what items can be found in the house structure type

_div adds more items  range 0.1 to 1    

1 = normal

0.5 = *2

0.25 = *4

Play with the combinations and see what works best for you and feel free to post back the _allowedtypes that you find works best for you

Cheers

Zonekiller

• Like 3

Wow, that's a great addition ZK, customizable loot spawn FTW!

Edit: I noticed that the Weapons array is missing from the Server_Arrays.hpp, but there is one in the Shared Arrays.hpp

awesome, thanks so much ZK!

request from players, lmk if possible.  Is there a way that a player can spawn with any kind of loadout to start?

Mainly a map. that way if a player dies, they can easily rejoin their group.

do you mind if i post my gametracker info for the servers I setup?

3 hours ago, tinboye said:

Is there a way that a player can spawn with any kind of loadout to start?

I think that would spoil the harsh nature of the mission.  It is meant to drive people to hunting for items - which it does VERY effectively :)

• Like 1

i agree, this was just at a request by some players.

Is there a way I can turn down the amount of fog with the weather script?

I looked in the weather.sqf

im assuming it would be

if (_foggy == 0) then {_foggy = 1;(120 + (Random 1680)) setFog 0};

and changing the value there?

thanks

Hi Kremator, I hope this covers most of your feedback requests

Keep the feedback coming as it is hard to solve problems and think of new problems to solve at the same time.

Hi Evil,    The WEAPON_ARRAY is in  Code\Shared_Arrays.hpp

Hi TinBoye,   Yes feel free to post your gametracker info for the servers you setup

--There are two ways you can go about doing your other requests -- 

Option 1/ Tell your players to Man Up - Bis for god sake add Female Units :) 

Option 2/

Yes in IniDBi\Player_Start.sqf you can adjust the player start loadout. (Keep in mind what Kremator said)

if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_vitamins"};
    if ((random 100 > 80) or ((paramsArray select 15) == 1)) then {_player addItem "zk_itemmap";_player assignItem "zk_itemmap";};
    if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_bandage"};
    if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_f_canteen"};
    if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_ricebox"};
    if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_file1"};

As far as Fog  you can reduce it by adding 

_fog = _fog /2;                       

above these lines -  there are 2

if ((daytime > 4) && (daytime < 8)) then 

to stop it - Just block out this code in the Weather.sqf 

/*

{
0 setFog _fog;
}else{0 setFog 0};

*/

/*

{
(200 + (Random 1000)) setFog _fog;
_foggy = 0;
}else{
if (_foggy == 0) then {_foggy = 1;(120 + (Random 1680)) setFog 0};
};

*/

awesome ty.

as for the server info there is 2 servers I setup.

Altis

b_560_95_1.png

and

Tanoa

b_560_95_1.png

I will be running my server more often thanks to a donation (Thanks Kev)

Donations To Zonekiller

Thank You in advance it helps with the server maintenance and electricity bills 

Would anyone like to see Mines in the Reward weapons

What would you like to find in reward weapons ?

558525.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgrou

Been replying to some PMs about a variant of LOST that I was working on before I came to an impasse in my scripting knowledge (didnt take long!) and that was for BASE BUILDING. 

Now I was using R3F (which is an amazing set of scripts) but it got me thinking about the longterm future of LOST and I think it is base building. 

Before I stopped coding it I could build a base and fortify it, taking time to kick back and chat with others.  My problem came when the server was reset as the base disappeared.  I know that it would require a bit of coding to integrate but would base building interest people ?

I have looked at different options for base building in missions, R3f seems to be the only active option anymore. Loli defense looks to be abandoned, but i like its concept of being able to build and then pay to upgrade.

there is PLANK but again looks to have been abandoned.

and iBuild looked very promising, and yet again the dev has abandoned it and no installation instructions.

I setup exilemod servers myself, but I do not like pvp games. Im more of a pve kind of guy. I like being able to build, search for stuff, stay alive. kill zombies/AI and work with other players.  I also like the humanity type options, kill a player, lose humanity. eat their corpse, lose humanity, give a player food/water, heal them, gain humanity etc. if arma 2 overpochin servers were not such a pain to maintain and setup i would have probably stuck with that.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, tinboye said:

I setup exilemod servers myself, but I do not like pvp games. Im more of a pve kind of guy. I like being able to build, search for stuff, stay alive. kill zombies/AI and work with other players.  I also like the humanity type options, kill a player, lose humanity. eat their corpse, lose humanity, give a player food/water, heal them, gain humanity etc. if arma 2 overpochin servers were not such a pain to maintain and setup i would have probably stuck with that.

Oh I'm liking you !  This is exactly me!

15 minutes ago, kremator said:

Oh I'm liking you !  This is exactly me!

I second that emotion.....

I will be looking into base building - adding defences and putting stuff in rubbish piles 

Goodbye any free time :)     need more beers  lol

after looking at some base building it may be easier to make my own

I would like to look at your old work Kremator or anyone thats made it happen

I have successfully added Dinosaurs to -=LOST=- before - Who wants that back ? 

Dinos also very good ... but a story with dinos AND zombies .. now that is just craycray (but I like it :) )

All I have done is to use the R3F scripts ZK.   Do you remember a while ago when I was trying to figure out how to add money to every kill you made ?  That was for the R3F LOST.  The creation factory in R3F can be tied down to only allow certain base building items - which I liked.

I found that R3F or EDN Fortification seemed like they had potential. I believe R3F is still developed, but I don't like the credits/creation factory systems so much. EDN Fortification doesn't seem to be updated anymore, and possibly not completely finished. That said I like the fact you can build using inventory items as components, meaning looting building materials is viable, and it's easy to add items and blueprints to it. The problem I had with every solution is I'm not smart enough to store item locations etc using inidb, certainly not without wrecking Zonekillers hard work and breaking the mission :P

• Like 1

Small update

Added Mines to Reward Weapons

Added spawn items to random junk piles

To both Tanoa and Altis

-=LOST APEX=- V13 beta 

• Like 3

As we have already got loot in the mission, we'd need a few more objects (like a metal plank and a wooden plank) then require a multiples of them to create small fortifications/buildings.  What I'd LOVE to see was clever AI that also made their own fortifications (like in Battlezone - with bases!)

Before Dayz went standalone i used to like just surviving on my own, i played that for about 6 months  without killing a single person and just living off the land, that was until i joined a group and i had to kill another player, the first and only one. For some strange reason i hated that because it felt so real. How strange. Anyway what i was going to ask is would it be possible to have something to show how many days you stayed alive for ? or in my case minutes :) 

Im doing some testing on my server using a modified iBuild addon

Due to time constraints, personal life matters, general frustrations with the Arma engine, and some people being inconsiderate, ungrateful and offensive. I’ve decided to release the iBuild source code to the Arma community for anybody wanting to continue my work. Please do read and adhere to the license contained within the repository before you consider using it.

I highly appreciate all the support and kind words from the good people in the Arma community. Stay awesome and farewell to you all!
– Nerdmod

You can download the addon  -->  nerdmods_ibuild   you need to assign action keys 1 and 2 on your controls options  I find Tab and Q work well

Im still rewritting the addon so it will change a few more times, -=LOST BUILDING=- should work well with this addon and I will be running it on my server - feel free to join in. If you get a chance to build it should save it all the the database

You may be lucky to get a Plot Lease when you start if not you have to do the Missions to get one

You need this before you can build - scavenge garbage piles to find the wood and nails and wrecks have the steel

Edit :- redownload the addon I made some major changes to it 

• Like 3