zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST=- MP Survival Mission (Now With Base Building)

@CTG Balu

Hello Zonekiller

First Thank You for Sharing Your nice mod, we love it.

After Porting on CUp Novoga map we have two Question:

1. where we can edit the loadout for Firstspawn

2. how to disable the Zeds.

and again THANK You for sharing and kepp up Your work,sorry but english is not my native.

greeetings from Berlin Germany  :)

G-day from Australia 

I would love to see your Novoga port when its done :)

Im glad you like the mod -- have you tried the fast repel and pickup from choppers yet

To answer your questions 

1. where we can edit the loadout for Firstspawn

In the IniDBi folder look for the Player_Start.sqf script
look for this section

if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_vitamins"};
if ((random 100 > 80) or ((paramsArray select 15) == 1)) then {_player addItem "zk_itemmap";_player assignItem "zk_itemmap";};
if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_bandage"};
if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_f_canteen"};
if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_ricebox"};
if (random 100 > 80) then {_player addItem "zk_file1"};

add stuff here

sleep 2;

PLAYER_READY = true;
};

This section only runs when you start and after dieing without a defib
you can change the items with other ZK_Items or give them a gun and ammo ect .

If you add a gun make sure it is in the array WEAPON_ARRAY or REWARDS_WEP
If it is not then add it to Code\Shared_Arrays.hpp script
and add the Ammo of a new weapon to AMMO_ARRAY and any new weapon items to WEAPON_ITEM_ARRAY if they dont already exist
which can be found in Code\Server_Arrays.hpp

or the game will think your cheating and remove all your stuff

2. how to disable the Zeds.

in the Params set the T-Virus active to NO 

or in the Description.ext change 

class T_Virus 
        {
         // paramsArray[22]
         title = "T-Virus Active :";
         values[] = {0, 1};
         texts[] = {"No", "Yes"};
         default = 1;  //Change to 0 to set the default to no zombies
        };

New APEX Update     24-Nov-2016
For Tanoa and Atlis

ZKs=-LOST=-APEX - V11

In This Update
 Air vehicles have Ear Muffs to reduce noise.
 If you have a Rope in your player inventory you can Tow or Lift other vehicles and players can get raised or lowered from flying VTOL aircraft or choppers.
 You can eject and parachute out of most AIR vehicles (No Chute needed in inventory).  
 You are able to push boats if they are on land (you need to get into driver position and then get out first).
 When your in the drivers position you can set ownership of the vehicle (this must be done before you can lock vehicles)  
 You may lock vehicles only the owner can unlock them. Vehicles will stay locked for a maximum of 5 days. 
 Vehicle inventory will be inaccessible in locked vehicles. 
 Units in your group will try and find their own weapons,ammo and medical supplies including DEFIBS 
  Units in your group can heal themselves if they have medical supplies in their inventory.
 If you have an AXE-SHOVEL-HAMMER-KNIFE-WRENCH in your inventory you can use these as Melee Weapons use LMB.
 No other players can take your items out of your tent or take your tent.
  • Like 2

Awesome updates Zonekiller!  This is by far one of the best Survival Missions out there!

HINT: DEFIB, Never leave home without one :)

• Like 1

Made a few adjustments for 2017 just redownload V11 and replace your existing copy of lost 

Ok, I noticed your Server was down for several days, figured you were updating.

Question: "  You may lock vehicles only the owner can unlock them. Vehicles will stay locked for a maximum of 5 days.  "  5 days online or server days?

I have yet to see a Tent?

Thanks

Hi vengeance1

They will stay locked for 5 real people days :) about 100 game days

You get tents from doing main missions - tents are always locked 

Servers been down due to financial issues - its still running on weekends and early evenings

ZK,

I have done some Main Missions, is it left at completion? Or how do you find it?

Thanks,

Vengeance

In the main Missions where there are vehicles - have you looked in the vehicles inventory before blowing it up ?

also there is an ammo box near where the vehicle was after blowing up the vehicle

Ok, no I have never looked in the vehicle before destroying it.  I have looked in the Ammobox if one was there.  Mostly did the Cargo Mission and the boat that is produced bounces around constantly and it doesn't stop, when you get close it kills you so after that happened I quit trying to look in it.

I'll try the land missions again.

Thanks

I put gear in the mission vehicles that way it pays to kill all the bad guys and check the vehicle before you destroy it 

I will have a look at the boat issue  maybe a setpos when it gets to the surface may fix it

Hey. Love the mod, been playing on it with my buddy for awhile.

We want to join a server though. Your server is up yeah? Most of the time 50/50?

The server will be up on weekends aussie time for now,  search for Zks -=LOST=-

If i get more of an interest I will leave it on longer or PM me if you wish to help with the bills :)

Also let me know what map you wish as i can switch between Altis and Tanoa and you stats are remembered for each island

Yes! That's fantastic! If we play this weekend and we like it, we have no problem paying a sub. Hell, we played WoW For 11 years lolol. Can't wait to try it and thanks for your time and effort put into this. This is my favorite Arma mod of all time. 

Hey ZK all my stuff is gone in your Server EEEK!  I assume your update reset the Database?

Thanks

Vengeance

Shouldn't happen on server reboots.  Sounds like he has reset the DB for some reason.

@everyone Thanks for your supportive comments i'm glad everyone seem to like it - Just a note the more players on the island at the same time the more of a challenge the mod is

@MrPlague Im glad you like it and it will be good to see you and your friends on the server 

Yea Sorry Vengeance I had to do a vehicle reset to Tanoa and maybe due to a script error i found  - all sorted now tho

If you need to know how everything works in the Mod while in game go to the Map and look in Briefing and in the Lost tab is all the information about what everything does.

The servers only an i5 desktop with 8Gb of RAM on a 100/40 net connection 

and I have a second system setup the same as a headless client if needed

Ive have had well over 10 players online at once with out the headless client and it runs perfect

also I have done a test to see how long before the server needed a restart (without HC) 

and I had it running for over 300 hours so if any other server moderators wish to run this Mod Please DO

ArmA300.jpg

• Like 1

Servers Up and will be till monday

Zks -=LOST=- Altis - APEX- AU

Playing on Altis this weekend

• Like 1

Hi Guys the vehicle locking thing should be fixed just re-download the mission , It will not effect the database

Thanks, had a good time gaming with Kremator until I accidentally shot him in the head! Eeek!

Was wondering if one of you defines a Friend can both of you see each other if one dies and respawns?

Vengeance

• Like 1

Hi Vengeance,

LOL I bet Krem loved that.    

But thats an easy mistake to make. it add a bit of a twist looking that same as bad guys so you have to look and watch before your shoot

unless its shooting at you then kill it player or not :)

You dont loose your friendship status on death or respawn - once a friend always a friend 

until a new database is started - which means a fresh game but both of you need to add each other as friends

22 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

Thanks, had a good time gaming with Kremator until I accidentally shot him in the head! Eeek!

It is OK as I managed to drill vengeance in the head first .. so I deserved it :)

This mission is BRUTAL, but running so well on the server. 

I've been thinking about what would make the mission EVEN BETTER and I think that allowing players to see eachother straight away is an advantage.  Perhaps allow 'show position' on action menu would be good.  This would allow those that WANT to team up an advantage, as the mission IS hard (even on easy level!)  There is something missing from the mission but I cannot put my finger on it yet (perhaps a greater zombie infection?)

I was also thinking that you could modify the loot spawn for specific places - military bases have a higher chance to spawn the most useful stuff, hospitals have a higher chance to spawn a defib etc.

Regarding friends status, would it be possible to allow names above the head (so FF incidents dont happen)?

in any case LOVING the mission - it NEEDS to be more popular!

• Like 1