Sign in to follow this  
GFX707

Something quite simple to make game more realistic

I assume this is the correct place to post this....

Since BIS is adding these new things to OFP:R, how about this simple suggestion : a new class in CfgVehicles in the config.cpp of an addon called something like onDisembark or CfgCargoExit or something similar that specifies an animation much like the existing door animations, but must complete before the troops inside the vehicle can disembark.

It doesn't need to be complicated, just for example the game will check whether an addon contains the class and if so, when the AI/Squad leader gives the order to disembark, the ramp/hatch will have to drop before they can do so, for example the ramp on the front of a higgins boat or the door at the back of an M113

I think this would add a lot more atmosphere to the game and also some realism, more so than men suddenly appearing from behind a truck or APC.

ModMakers should include this class to their own discretion much like the doors/animations that were introduced in resistance, and most of the coding seems to be done (basically it could be based off of the doors class, just only happening when the order to disembark is given [doors open] and when the last soldier in cargo has disembarked [doors close]) so I doubt that it would be that time consuming to implement should there be another patch/upgrade/addon for OFP

It would be interesting to see what others think of this idea.... smile.gif

BUMP, yes i would love to see the new classes added, i cant quite seem to stomach troops appearing from mid-air out of vehicles!! biggrin.giftounge.gif

I support the idea, I have got used to appearing men but it would be nice to see it diffrently.

RED

Also when they board cars they shouldn't use the tank animations or anything. The door should just open and then they disappear and shut it or something.

I support this idea..

Yes, why the hell did't they do it in the first place!? wow.gif How hard can it be to make doors open and close. They did it with some of the houses in Res. wink.gif

They have to edit all of the models, replace them and make the new exe in the patch and all sorts of stuff.

It's really a hassle to do such a thing...

I support the idea too BUT we need to rework ALL standart vehicles to get it work. And another thing. Have you ever seen regular soldiers or civilians always carying parachute with them ? And when they jump out of the plane(chopper, etc) it will open immideatly. Or the modern plane without ejection seat ?

Actually, the Operation Flashpoint planes do have ejection, I believe. Eject while taking off and you will see what I mean. You do not notice it when you are in the air, but it is there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Oct. 16 2002,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, the Operation Flashpoint planes do have ejection, I believe.  Eject while taking off and you will see what I mean.  You do not notice it when you are in the air, but it is there.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes... The seats support Zero-Zero ejections.

I did it yesterday after my A-10 stunt.

quite fun but during ejections the chair is still in the plane.

In real ejections the seat is one time use and it requires a repair.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Oct. 16 2002,05:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They have to edit all of the models, replace them and make the new exe in the patch and all sorts of stuff.

It's really a hassle to do such a thing...<span id='postcolor'>

next time read my post, I didn't mention updating all the game vehicles, just giving the facility for future addons to use this

yeah! Good idea! I think the actual tanks models don't have to be changed for support the open/close hatch feature great idea. The M113 and BMP yes but the tanks can use that without any change :-) It will add a LOT!

They have ejection seat ONLY when you're on the ground and if the plane is on the small speed (Not more then 40 km\h)

it has ejection all the time, its just hard to notice sometimes as it has a set direction and speed, so when facing the plane in different directions it wont work correctly and end up throwing you at the ground smile.gif

and also if bis read this: ALLOW EJECT TO BE HOTKEY-ABLE

Downward compatibility is the key!

Just a new class field for all vehicles -some kind of switch like "mustopen=1". And an implementation in ofp's program code: If this variable is set, pick-up/deployment of troops is delayed until the model's door animation (standardized names for selection/axes?) is complete. If no door animation is defined, ofp will ignore this.

For models do the actions themselfs derive from names the makers want.

example. does the creater of a vehicle give it certain commands like engine on/off and get in/out.

if so.. make a new animated command which opens the door then trigers the unit to get in, then sets the animation to close the door and just name this action the same as the orriginal one ie. Get in ******

I probobly missed some thing, but I think it is some thing which can be done already by addon makers.

No....you see if you read the original post again you will see I mean something else smile.gif

It would be very cool to be able drop the ramp on the Higgins boat. Why did they not do this orginally, BIs that is?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Oct. 18 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be very cool to be able drop the ramp on the Higgins boat. Why did they not do this orginally, BIs that is?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think they originally planned to make the door animations with the original OFP....I am sure they would rather have done something like that if they had the time than have the guys suddenly appearing at the back of the vehicle