may i ask.

why didint you use the m40 clothing in the screen shots or any of the weapons in the screen shots.

also the bars bipod is glitched

There gonna be ofc servers for this or na?

Eventually, however we haven't discussed this much within the team.

may i ask.

why didint you use the m40 clothing in the screen shots or any of the weapons in the screen shots.

also the bars bipod is glitched

All models are the same as what we showed in screenshots, what your seeing ingame is how arma can take great looking assets and make them look terrible. Thats what were currently working to get past.

• Like 1

Guys, I just want to say this is amazing and I'm glad I've finally stumbled upon you.  I've read all 17 pages of forums, joined the steam group and read your dev blog.  Thank you so much for bringing back WWII to arma.  I've never had more fun than playing I44 wasteland and now I get to experience it again but through you guys which have done an amazing job thus far.

Let me know if I can support you in anyway, I'd like to donate and buy you beer.  Cheers.

What I'm looking forward to experiencing again :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Df6bnxRK6ro"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: I don't know why my youtube video isn't posting :(

Edited  by rockstargroover

Guys, I just want to say this is amazing and I'm glad I've finally stumbled upon you.  I've read all 17 pages of forums, joined the steam group and read your dev blog.  Thank you so much for bringing back WWII to arma.  I've never had more fun than playing I44 wasteland and now I get to experience it again but through you guys which have done an amazing job thus far.

Let me know if I can support you in anyway, I'd like to donate and buy you beer.  Cheers.

What I'm looking forward to experiencing again :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Df6bnxRK6ro"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: I don't know why my youtube video isn't posting :(

Happy you are enjoying the mod so far. We arent taking donations at this time as we are still early in development and running a bit slower then we'd like. Best way to assist is to ask around and see if you know any modelers or animators who are willing to assist with the project.

Quick Update time: We are working as fast as we can on a replacement uniform for the US and a few of the british kit. However progress is slow. We desperately need more 3d artists. If anyone knows someone who can model and texture please have them contact me. Thank you.

what will this update be adding and what will it be fixing

It's all in the Devblog chap ;)

We'll release another more substantial post when V2 is ready,

• Like 1

A few days ago I was about to get on and ask for an update, thank god I didn't have too. I really want that next update, keep up the good work guys!

I have an interest in making a WW2 mission. This mod has lot of potential to be the best WW2 addon for Arma 3. I was wondering would it be possible for you guys to add large Nazi flags to your mod? Imagine being the american forces and you have to infiltrate a Nazi compound and you see these large Nazi flags everywhere, that would be pretty sick.

Small little idea to create some ambiance. Good luck with your mod. 

I have an interest in making a WW2 mission. This mod has lot of potential to be the best WW2 addon for Arma 3. I was wondering would it be possible for you guys to add large Nazi flags to your mod? Imagine being the american forces and you have to infiltrate a Nazi compound and you see these large Nazi flags everywhere, that would be pretty sick.

There is a 'normal sized' Nazi flag in Craig's SP pack, but I stopped using SP pack because I found some of the textures sub-par. However the only negative thing I can say about the flags is that they are too 'bright' or 'clean'. Otherwise they look good. If Craig released a Flag Pack, I would use it.

Hey guys, did you see in the past that the i44 team from arma 2 tried to port their mod into arma 3 but they were under a lot of pressure or something by people asking to release that they stopped the project? At least that's what I heard :P anyway have you tried getting in touch with them and see if they could give you anything they had already ported to save you some work? Or maybe even work with them.

Eventually, but thats very low priority.

Hey guys, did you see in the past that the i44 team from arma 2 tried to port their mod into arma 3 but they were under a lot of pressure or something by people asking to release that they stopped the project? At least that's what I heard :P anyway have you tried getting in touch with them and see if they could give you anything they had already ported to save you some work? Or maybe even work with them.

They are unresponsive. 

Hey, I'm really enjoying the initial alpha release of this mod and I'm looking forward to your future updates. 

I was wondering, will you be adding the M1928 'Tommy Gun' for the British forces?

Hey, I'm really enjoying the initial alpha release of this mod and I'm looking forward to your future updates. 

I was wondering, will you be adding the M1928 'Tommy Gun' for the British forces?

It is not planned at the moment.

I wanted to ask this when you first released but I forgot. So in your current release you have 2 uniforms. The american one looks like some officer's uniform. Why didn't you add the basic rifleman uniform?

495515087-military-enthusiast-martin-elf

He's a corporal, so that IS the Enlisted Man's uniform. That's also a modern photograph, and he's using a British bandolier for his M1, so not the best source. ;) Regarding our texture, it's a little buggy at the mo, as Arma fucked about with it prior to the release. We'll be working on toning it down before the main release, but we'll be basing it off original photographs, like the ones below.

infantrymen-of-the-83rd-division-in-norm

060514_DDay_Color_photos_20-XL.jpg

As for the 1928 Thompson, it was only really used outside of the European theatre in the Med and the Far East by British regular infantry, and as such, it won't be in the initial British release. If and when we get to a position to consider other theatres, like Italy or the Far East, maybe. Until then, you gonna have to wait!

Additionally, I44 have been radio silent for some time. Hopefully, they are either following development of this and will come around eventually, or they have decided they are not going to bring I44 to A3. If either is the case, we're going to push on regardless, as we have a large following now on both this forum and via the Devblog, so we're psyched to keep going.

Development could go a little faster, but with the manpower shortages we have currently in some areas, we're doing pretty well. Another open appeal to the Armaverse: if you can config or script, we need you!

Well I am not a WW2 encyclopedia I am just a WW2 enthusiaist (how do you even spell that). About the scripting part: I WANT TO HELP YOU SO BAD! PM with any info you want me to know about scripting, I can do most stuff. But don't ask me to make a config that's the place I suck at, they are a pain in the ass.

On 2/1/2016 at 1:22 AM, Nuttington said:

I'm not an expert on these things like mcaber is, but to my recollection there is only one time I can say for certain that we British used the Thompson as a primary weapon in France.

The time in question was on Operation chariot, or the saint Nazaire raid.

And even then, the soldiers in question were no ordinary soldiers, they were commandos, not exactly used for line infantry purposes.

weren't that the one where we rammed the boat through the dry dock filled with explosives?