BohemiaBeck

Forums migration/update status items

can you please change my name

You can do it yourself here. Just remember to log out and log in from the forums, to see the change.

• Like 2

Hey BohemiaBeck,

can you please change my name into "Grumpy Old Man" instead of "grumpy old man"?

Has been changed with the forum migration.

And is there a way to remove the warning point since it's almost 3 years old?

Cheers!

Hello,

As krzychuzokcia mentioned, you can change your forums user name, including changing letters to uppercase at account.bistudio.com. Sorry for the inconvienience, but there was an issue where many usernames were converted to lowercase. lowercase username issue. If your username has become all lowercase, you can resolve this by changing your username at account.bistudio.com

1. after you login, go to account.bistudio.com

2. change your username in the top left corner

3. save changes in the bottom right corner

4. click on logout

5. go to forums.bistudio.com and logout(again)

After those steps, after you login again, your username should now have the proper case that you saved it as.

As for the warning point(s), these do not appear for any other user except for Moderators and Admins.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

• Like 1

Update for Friday August 28th, 2015.

Added:
2053. Notification when someone directly quotes your post

Closing:
884. Author of thread indication within thread on his/her posts
Fixed - Now "Thread Starter" will appear above the username throughout the thread.

842. Profile: social links with proper link(e.g. Twitter username link, not just plain text).
834. Profile: edit social links section clean up, removal of dead services, clean up edit page UI.
Fixed - Social links allowed on profile are: E-mail, Website, Yahoo, Jabber(xmpp), Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Youtube Channel, Vimeo, Xfire, Steam url id, Raptr, Myspace, Linkedin, Tumblr, Flickr, XBOX Live(not a link), Playstation PSN(not a link), Origin(not a link), Playfire, Soundcloud, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitch.Tv, Ustream.Tv, Duxter

803. Signature size limit match previous forums
Fixed - Signature is limited to 5 images max, max image size 600 x 150(do not use 5 at this size, must be smaller using more than 2), maximum 10 urls, maximum 10 lines

686. Multiquote limit at 10 quotes, can select more but then get error message, increase limit or display error on 11th quote add.
Fixed - still testing for errors

571. Go to first unread post(small blue dot icon) UI style, too insignificant not noticeable.
595. Like button location and discussion on having or not having this functionality.
Closing these, people seem to get it now.

908. When writing post, in edit field, font styles and link format bleed into the blank space after the word or line break. As in: underscore strikethrough link etc.
Closing - This issue occurred on some situations. It depends how you are composing / editing a post. If you are typing and select strikethrough type word and de-select strike though, no bleed to next space occurs. If you highlight just the word, select the underline or strikethough, it only affected the selected word with no bleed to next space or at end of a line. Tested in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

579. Too much vertical space used at the top of the page.
Fixed - the new navigation / login bar has been implemented at the top of the page significantly reducing the vertical space at the top.

584. Set the amount of posts to be displayed per page. Display user signature only once per page.
Closing - this unfortunately will not change due to some restrictions of how the forums software resolves links and pages. Users can turn off specific or all signatures themeselves, giving them the option.

909. There's a hard limit of 10 maximum images per post. This limit seems a bit too strict.
Fixed - this has been increased to 30. It will be reviewed and if new setting is abused, may be changed to something more restrictive.

915. It's not possible to embed Daylimotion videos.
Fixed - Either add the url via Special BBcode Media drop down, or type in

[media] daily motion url here without spaces [/media]
  • Like 1

842. Profile: social links with proper link(e.g. Twitter username link, not just plain text).

834. Profile: edit social links section clean up, removal of dead services, clean up edit page UI.

Fixed

There are still some problems with that:

1. Location - the one which is set via settings menu (transfered from vB) is not visible in sidebar (the one visible is IPB one, and this can't be edited - no field for that)

2. Almost none of them is shown in sidebar. Exemptions are Location (see above) and Duxter - but for this one there's no link (when viewing someone's profile everything is OK, apart from two Location fields).

Added:

2053. Notification when someone directly quotes your post

Seems to be working OK for me...

In 2011, I had 2 warning points which expired long ago.  Apparently the new forums have un-expired the points, so that they show up in every one of my posts, resulting in the removal of my location. Have everyone's old warning points become active again, or is it just me?  Please re-expire my points so that my location will displayed in my posts.  

In 2011, I had 2 warning points which expired long ago.  Apparently the new forums have un-expired the points, so that they show up in every one of my posts, resulting in the removal of my location. Have everyone's old warning points become active again, or is it just me?  Please re-expire my points so that my location will displayed in my posts.  

While I don't see your location, I also do not see your warning points. They must only display for you.

In 2011, I had 2 warning points which expired long ago.

From what I gather, there's no active/unactive warning points in new forums. It's only a sum of points, which is shown for You and moderators.

Please re-expire my points so that my location will displayed in my posts.  

Not related. Invisible location I've described here.

While I don't see your location, I also do not see your warning points. They must only display for you.

From what I gather, there's no active/unactive warning points in new forums. It's only a sum of points, which is shown for You and moderators.

Not related. Invisible location I've described here.

Thank you both for the info.  I don't understand why location is displayed for some and not others...

I think that if points are expired, they shouldn't show up on each forum page (even if seen just by oneself and mods), just in one's profile.  It seems that point expiration is not present in new forums, so that ancient, expired points could cost against your present total. If point expiration is no longer possible, then points from over a year ago (or some other time interval) should be deleted.

Hello,

Thank you both for the info.  I don't understand why location is displayed for some and not others...

I think that if points are expired, they shouldn't show up on each forum page (even if seen just by oneself and mods), just in one's profile.  It seems that point expiration is not present in new forums, so that ancient, expired points could cost against your present total. If point expiration is no longer possible, then points from over a year ago (or some other time interval) should be deleted.

There is data brought  over from the old forums for "Location", and there was an additional separate field for "Location" in the new forums. The plan is to make only one of them available and displayed. It is planned that this will be addressed and there will be just one field for Location.

The previous forums displayed warning points when they were active, then did not display them after the active time expired. The system kept these points, but did not display them. The new forums is using an adaptation of these warning points, but has different properties and settings. The web team will be looking to make some possible changes to the the warning system and the display. For now it is not displayed to other users.

Would it be possible to be able to embed imgur albums?

There seems to be a free IP.Board extension already.

With the media tag you can now embed imgur albums and/or flickr sets.

Example imgur:

[media]http://imgur.com/a/(imgur's album short code)[/media]

Example flickr(please note needs to be httpS url):

[media]https://www.flickr.com/photos/(username)/sets/(flickr assigned set #)/[/media]

Please let me know if you have any issues using these.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

• Like 1

Hello,

There are still some problems with that:

1. Location - the one which is set via settings menu (transfered from vB) is not visible in sidebar (the one visible is IPB one, and this can't be edited - no field for that)

Changes were made for Location. There should now be just one field for "Location" and it is now editable.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Changes were made for Location. There should now be just one field for "Location" and it is now editable.

Old location (vB) is still visible in user profile page, Contact Information fields (click on my nickname to see an example). Also in profile settings, Profile Information fields are divided by Contact Methods (About and birthday above Contact, and gender, location below).

But afterall - godspeed to Yer who battles the evil boards! ;)

[media]http://imgur.com/a/(imgur's album short code)[/media]

Example flickr(please note needs to be httpS url):

[media]https://www.flickr.com/photos/(username)/sets/(flickr assigned set #)/[/media]

Please let me know if you have any issues using these.

Thanks for this feature. It seems this option will also help lower the load of the pages, as we can now simply embed full galleries instead of individual images.

I embeded a couple already here. It seems to work without problems.

EDIT:

Actually, there seems to be some kind of issue. While in the linked post both albums show up without problems, the second one in the first post doesn't. Are albums under the limit of 30 images per post? That's the only explanation I have right now.

EDIT:

Hmm. It seems imgur itself doesn't send the latest status of an album immediately. There seems to be some lag between any change you make and being able to see the updated album inside a post. If so, then the second album might not show up because I embedded it first, edited the album itself (removed some images) and then posted it in this forums. If so, then it's a matter of waiting a few hours to see if the album shows up. If by tomorrow or so the album still doesn't, well, then there might be something else.

Edited by kenoxite

EDIT:

Hmm. It seems imgur itself doesn't send the latest status of an album immediately. There seems to be some lag between any change you make and being able to see the updated album inside a post. If so, then the second album might not show up because I embedded it first, edited the album itself (removed some images) and then posted it in this forums. If so, then it's a matter of waiting a few hours to see if the album shows up. If by tomorrow or so the album still doesn't, well, then there might be something else.

Use http not https for imgur. But for flickr use https.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Use http not https for imgur. But for flickr use https.

Hmm... I'm afraid that doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT:

Ok, I managed to make it work by just typing the link without the media tags. Such as:

http://imgur.com/a/NXoiC

So I'll use that format from now on.

The albums don't seem to be updated, though. I'll keep waiting until tomorrow. But now I'm not sure who's doing the caching: your server or imgur's.

--

Something else: placing an album inside spoiler tags breaks it (it doesn't display properly).

Test:

Edited by kenoxite

Something else: placing an album inside spoiler tags breaks it (it doesn't display properly).

Looks OK on my end.

Looks OK on my end.

I see. It's also correctly displayed on Chrome.

But it's faulty in my Firefox 40.0.3. Although I have yet to test this without addons enabled (in safe mode).

EDIT: Just tested it. It doesn't work on Firefox even in safe mode. It doesn't work on IE 9.0.8112.16421 either.

---

It works on Microsoft Edge, though.

Edited by kenoxite

As for the warning point(s), these do not appear for any other user except for Moderators and Admins.

BohemiaBeck, nonetheless, it's unreasonable to keep this forever! I don't want to be reminded forever that in 2011 I made a slight infraction. Can you guys please remove it after some time?

BohemiaBeck, nonetheless, it's unreasonable to keep this forever! I don't want to be reminded forever that in 2011 I made a slight infraction. Can you guys please remove it after some time?

It is certainly a reasonable request of course. The warning system is being looked into and the intention is to have old warning points expire.

• Like 2

Small update today:

Fixed post share link location. Please let me know if you have any issues with its location or display.
  844. Post # and share link icon next to post date and time(ideally on right)
  896. Quote or multiquote buttons after "Reply with more options" or "Full editor", while writing post.

• Like 2

Now this is weird behaviour, I've just encountered: after logging out I can't see the blue log in button in Forums. I have to clear browser's cache to see it back again. No problems with BI Store. Browser is Opera, I dunno how's it on others. There were no configuration/software/hardware changes on my part, so I'm assuming it's something wrong with Forums...

Now this is weird behaviour, I've just encountered: after logging out I can't see the blue log in button in Forums. I have to clear browser's cache to see it back again. No problems with BI Store. Browser is Opera, I dunno how's it on others. There were no configuration/software/hardware changes on my part, so I'm assuming it's something wrong with Forums...

Sorry for the inconvenience. I discovered there was an IT maintenance that lasted a few minutes on the account system. Downtime was not intended and all should be restored now.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

• Like 1

It is certainly a reasonable request of course. The warning system is being looked into and the intention is to have old warning points expire.

Glad to hear! Thanks for the reply.

Also - Seems like Tapatalk works for me now!

Small update today:

Fixed post share link location. Please let me know if you have any issues with its location or display.

844. Post # and share link icon next to post date and time(ideally on right)

896. Quote or multiquote buttons after "Reply with more options" or "Full editor", while writing post.

Looking good! (also on mobile).  I like the post body now. One minor complaint is that the quote/report button takes up an additional line (it's perfect when logged out), they could easily fit left of the like stuff. 

Small update today:

Fixed Should now be able to login with Adblock/Adblock Plus on. Please let me know if you run into issues.

583. Login issues with Adblock, Adblock Plus, uBlock must be disabled.

2420. Horizontal scroll bar in post from < Code > content in post

Edited by BohemiaBeck
added 2420 fix
  • Like 1