Have a couple issues going on, hopefully someone can help me out.

Searching houses, (shelves, ovens, etc...) yields nothing anymore. I remember in an earlier version of the mod, I used to be able to loot houses and find stuff. Now everything is empty. Why is that? I can only get loot from the random clutter that spawns outside.

I never see the Vehicle Patrols. EVER. Is there something i need to edit or add to have them turn on besides the module?

How do i make the Ambient AI STOP carrying DLC weapons. More than half the guys i kill, i cant loot their weapons because they are DLC.

Not necessarily the mods fault, but im using ACE3 with this. Once i run out of bandages, i cant heal anymore. Is there another way to heal/stop bleeding?

40 minutes ago, The4thSurvivor said:

Have a couple issues going on, hopefully someone can help me out.

Searching houses, (shelves, ovens, etc...) yields nothing anymore. I remember in an earlier version of the mod, I used to be able to loot houses and find stuff. Now everything is empty. Why is that? I can only get loot from the random clutter that spawns outside.

I never see the Vehicle Patrols. EVER. Is there something i need to edit or add to have them turn on besides the module?

How do i make the Ambient AI STOP carrying DLC weapons. More than half the guys i kill, i cant loot their weapons because they are DLC.

Not necessarily the mods fault, but im using ACE3 with this. Once i run out of bandages, i cant heal anymore. Is there another way to heal/stop bleeding?

what you can do is define the weapons that ai carry yourself in the common,military,Rare section along with setting vanilla content to limited, As for Ace I only use the version that has the medical crap removed as it you cannot find ace medical items in the loot though you can get your health back up by eating and or drinking as a alternative to firstaidkits. The AI patrol should be working as long as you have it enabled but if your not seeing any at all could be the map your on or maybe one of the mods your using. As for finding loot in buildings you will want to adjust the loot chances in the civilian,military,industrial section and or enable ambient furniture also make sure you have arma 3 buildings or arma2 building enabled depending on what map.

58 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

what you can do is define the weapons that ai carry yourself in the common,military,Rare section along with setting vanilla content to limited, As for Ace I only use the version that has the medical crap removed as it you cannot find ace medical items in the loot though you can get your health back up by eating and or drinking as a alternative to firstaidkits. The AI patrol should be working as long as you have it enabled but if your not seeing any at all could be the map your on or maybe one of the mods your using. As for finding loot in buildings you will want to adjust the loot chances in the civilian,military,industrial section and or enable ambient furniture also make sure you have arma 3 buildings or arma2 building enabled depending on what map.

I have all the buildings enabled in the Loot Module and have double or tripled all the numbers and still dont get loot spawning in buildings. I guess it could be depending on map. I usually only play one or 2. 

About the vehicle patrols. Do you think CUP- Vehicles could interfere with that? Its the only vehicle related mod i have. 

Ill try the limited for the guns and whatnot, see if that helps. Its like 90% of weapons i get off bodies are DLC, its kinda wack.

2 hours ago, The4thSurvivor said:

I have all the buildings enabled in the Loot Module and have double or tripled all the numbers and still dont get loot spawning in buildings. I guess it could be depending on map. I usually only play one or 2. 

About the vehicle patrols. Do you think CUP- Vehicles could interfere with that? Its the only vehicle related mod i have. 

Ill try the limited for the guns and whatnot, see if that helps. Its like 90% of weapons i get off bodies are DLC, its kinda wack.

you wouldn't think that cup vehicles would not interfere with the patrol maybe you could add some vehicle classnames of your choice to the Patrol array and see if that works, Depending on the map your using and what buildings are on the map try only enabling those buildings vs enabling all, for my setup I usually do civilian 50,15,13,7,10 military 5,48,45,6,12 industrial 45,25,23,7,12. oh btw what map are you using mainly. Oh also depending on the map make sure you set the preset to altis or whatever if their is no option for the map your on leave it blank.

3 hours ago, Gill93 said:

you wouldn't think that cup vehicles would not interfere with the patrol maybe you could add some vehicle classnames of your choice to the Patrol array and see if that works, Depending on the map your using and what buildings are on the map try only enabling those buildings vs enabling all, for my setup I usually do civilian 50,15,13,7,10 military 5,48,45,6,12 industrial 45,25,23,7,12. oh btw what map are you using mainly. Oh also depending on the map make sure you set the preset to altis or whatever if their is no option for the map your on leave it blank.

Thanks for the help man i really appreciate it.

So i did some test and put civilian percentages to 90 across the board. And was getting drops in almost everything i looted. So thats fixed. As far as the vehicle patrols go, you mean add vehicles to the Custom Vehicles List? Can you give me a decent one to test? I tried adding one last night and didnt get any Vehicle Patrol spawns.

I noticed something today on Panthera Winter, and other open maps. When i kill a Bandit AI, zombies will spawn on the dead body. Is this normal? If so is there a way to remove that?

Also is it normal to get fps into the Low 30's even low 20's while playing this mod?

I have a 980 and a i7 8700k. Was expecting more fps than this after my upgrade. Oh well.

1 hour ago, The4thSurvivor said:

I noticed something today on Panthera Winter, and other open maps. When i kill a Bandit AI, zombies will spawn on the dead body. Is this normal? If so is there a way to remove that?

Do you use some other mods except Ravage, CBA, and Panthera map?

Zeds spawn on dead bodies is caused probably by BloodLust or some other mod that creates objects (blood splatter).

Car patrols are customizeable via AI Ravage module by setting Car patrol to yes, you don't have to add any classname. If you want custom AI patrol, then you should place some vehicle classnames in respective line, but try to add only cars with 3 or more seats, I have experienced that 2 guys was in 2 seats vehicle and 3rd one was running behind them.

6 hours ago, Gill93 said:

set the preset to altis

What is the difference? I noticed when I play Takistan some objects become lootable while those same objects on a different map are not.

11 hours ago, The4thSurvivor said:

Thanks for the help man i really appreciate it.

So i did some test and put civilian percentages to 90 across the board. And was getting drops in almost everything i looted. So thats fixed. As far as the vehicle patrols go, you mean add vehicles to the Custom Vehicles List? Can you give me a decent one to test? I tried adding one last night and didnt get any Vehicle Patrol spawns.

Also is it normal to get fps into the Low 30's even low 20's while playing this mod?

I have a 980 and a i7 8700k. Was expecting more fps than this after my upgrade. Oh well.

Yeah ive seen similar behavior with the zombies aswell maybe set the minimum spawn distance higher so you wont see it but it could have something to do with the garbage collector/ corpse limit. As for fps it really depends on your video settings and or the amount of AI and other objects on map I tend to use dynamic simulation so hand placed AI only become active once player is roughly 760meters away from them so they wont be moving when I am half way across the map.  I have a smaller system then you performance wise but get around 45 to 55 fps my settings are texture high, object high, Terrain High, Shadows set to standard Clouds set to standard, particles set to standard, PIP set to standard, water reflections disabled or standard, HDR standard, View distance 2000, bloom set to 100% radial blur and rotation blur set to 5% sharpen filter 100%, AO disabled, Caustics disabled, FSAA disabled PPAA disabled, ANISO Filtering set to High. Maybe try something like that. Oh also adjusting your video card settings in the Nvidia control panel can help a lot aswell if that's what you have. I have never used that map but if its from cup or using cup terrain you will want to try and load ravage CUP to see if that fixes some issues.

I am not 100% sure but I think the preset controls the type of loadout/clothing AI raiders and or renagades have it might also have something to do with the terrain and or loot piles but I think that the loot is controlled by enabling the correct buildings for Takistan I think its all Arma 2 buildings and from what I have experienced you don't need to enable ambient furniture on CUP maps as most the buildings come with lootable objects already.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Yeah ive seen similar behavior with the zombies aswell maybe set the minimum spawn distance higher so you wont see it but it could have something to do with the garbage collector/ corpse limit. As for fps it really depends on your video settings and or the amount of AI and other objects on map I tend to use dynamic simulation so hand placed AI only become active once player is roughly 760meters away from them so they wont be moving when I am half way across the map.  I have a smaller system then you performance wise but get around 45 to 55 fps my settings are texture high, object high, Terrain High, Shadows set to standard Clouds set to standard, particles set to standard, PIP set to standard, water reflections disabled or standard, HDR standard, View distance 2000, bloom set to 100% radial blur and rotation blur set to 5% sharpen filter 100%, AO disabled, Caustics disabled, FSAA disabled PPAA disabled, ANISO Filtering set to High. Maybe try something like that. Oh also adjusting your video card settings in the Nvidia control panel can help a lot aswell if that's what you have. I have never used that map but if its from cup or using cup terrain you will want to try and load ravage CUP to see if that fixes some issues.

Thanks for all the help and info man i really appreciate it. I usually run around 40-70 zombies, within 500 meters of me. And run Ai bandits at about the same range, ive recently bumped it to 700 so fights happen a little less frequently. Do you think this is too much, even for the i7 8700k? If so, thats a shame. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help and info man i really appreciate it. I usually run around 40-70 zombies, within 500 meters of me. And run Ai bandits at about the same range, ive recently bumped it to 700 so fights happen a little less frequently. Do you think this is too much, even for the i7 8700k? If so, thats a shame. 

If your running single player maybe try lowering the amount of zombies on map I usually keep it around 25 per player with Sun Factor turned on, For zombie max spawn distance I would go with somewhere around 300 or 350 Max though I keep mine at the default and for the minimum I keep it at 75 or sometimes at 95, as for Bandits I also keep that at the default setting 400minimum and 1000 max. How many raider factions you have active on map along with renegades, Friendlies and Vehicle patrols can impact performance aswell sometimes I disable renegades and just use the Opfor and Independent raider factions along with vehicle patrols or just friendlies. Oh are you using hand placed AI or objects that you placed in editor or are you just using the Ravage AI and zombies?

DL link available, copy paste, place some markers and let the script run along with your mission=)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, looks like another unexpected problem has cropped up. For some reason, I can't reload from a save on my Napf Winter mission. When I do, I just get stuck on the loading screen with the bar loaded all the way. I thought that it could have been something to do with the George Floros' missions script or DAC so I deleted those but it wasn't them. The only others I have are Johnnyboy's dog script, primarily the feral dog pack script with Vandeanson's edit of it, and Vandeanson's Dynamic Bandit Camp Spawner.

I'm really only posting this here to see if anyone else has had this problem or knows the solution off-hand. Otherwise I'll just do the usual process of elimination to see what's causing it.

• Like 1

Hola, uh-oh that is the second time i hear about savegame issues when my script is on=( did you have the script active prior to the save? if you remove it, does the mission load? I just started the game with various mods and all my scripts running and saving/loading the savegame was no issue - not sure what in my scripts could cause this for you=/ which version of the BC spawner are you using?

• Like 1

Hi @Vandeanson! I'm using the BCSpawner v2_1. Script was running prior to the save, yeah. I'll let you know what happens when I remove the script when I go back to tinkering with the mission again. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

Hi @Vandeanson! I'm using the BCSpawner v2_1. Script was running prior to the save, yeah. I'll let you know what happens when I remove the script when I go back to tinkering with the mission again. Thanks!

alright, i have re-uploaded the mission as a downloadable file, in case you start from scratch;) including some fixes. let me know what you find out. I am currently testing it too

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ContheJon said:

I can't reload from a save on my Napf Winter mission.

Most of the times is due to an addon or even the certain version if there are big changes.

But if everything is the same , then something that you are using might be different.!

• Like 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Yeah, I think it's something I added recently somewhere that's causing it. Might not be, but I'm sure I was able to reload saves not too long ago

@Vandeanson Thank you!

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

Okay, here's the thing(problem, sort of). 

I am playing Tanoa right now with Arma 3 and Arma 3 Apex building loot on and Ambient Furniture on.

This is the building that's not spawning the furniture, I'm not sure if there are more: https://imgur.com/a/xOr2ErF

Instead, they are all spawning at one point of the map: https://imgur.com/a/7apkdrV

I am not really sure what's causing this, but on the other hand when I was playing Chernarus Redux, where this building appears and I had Ambient Furniture enable because of it worked fine. Though, some of the item from the crash loot script where 'down there at the begging of the map'.

I was disabling script/mods one by one, but no success. I am really not sure what's causing this. 

Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Any thoughts?

It's worth noting that most but not all A3 structures have an ambient furniture composition created for them. The Tanoa military barracks most likely don't have one yet, which is why it won't spawn any furniture.

Regarding your second issue with loot spawning at the corner of the map, that's a new one for me and not something I've experienced myself, I reckon that's coming from an outside influence and nothing to do with how the Ravage systems operate.

7 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I was disabling script/mods one by one, but no success. I am really not sure what's causing this. 

The only advice I can give when building a mission around the Ravage modules is to start from vanilla (i.e. Ravage/CBA) from there add any other mods or scripted enhancements one at a time, testing as you go. Doing it in reverse seems the wrong approach imho.

:rthumb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2018 at 10:37 PM, Gill93 said:

If your running single player maybe try lowering the amount of zombies on map I usually keep it around 25 per player with Sun Factor turned on, For zombie max spawn distance I would go with somewhere around 300 or 350 Max though I keep mine at the default and for the minimum I keep it at 75 or sometimes at 95, as for Bandits I also keep that at the default setting 400minimum and 1000 max. How many raider factions you have active on map along with renegades, Friendlies and Vehicle patrols can impact performance aswell sometimes I disable renegades and just use the Opfor and Independent raider factions along with vehicle patrols or just friendlies. Oh are you using hand placed AI or objects that you placed in editor or are you just using the Ravage AI and zombies?

No hand placed AI at all. So the zombie count is per player? Does that include AI? So for example if i have zombies set to 40, is that 40 zombies per AI on the map? If so i did not know that. 

I have renegades and all 3 factions spawning. Vehicle patrols still do not spawn for me however. Shame. Wish i knew why.

No hand placed AI at all. So the zombie count is per player? Does that include AI? So for example if i have zombies set to 40, is that 40 zombies per AI on the map? If so i did not know that. 

I have renegades and all 3 factions spawning. Vehicle patrols still do not spawn for me however. Shame. Wish i knew why.

Nope if you have it set to 25 per player that sets how many zombies can spawn at once per player the population factor is what controls how many groups of each faction spawn best to keep that at 1 and as for the AI Vehicle patrol the only thing I can think of is the map your on might be causing the issue.

• Like 1

Man, Ambient Furniture really wrecks my fps, like, it's going 45 at one moment and then for a few seconds it drops to 10, the goes up again and then goes down. A real rollercoaster.

Anyway, anyone knows any magazine repack script/mod? I've been using one that exist both as a script and as a mod. But it stops working after first load of the game.

11 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Man, Ambient Furniture really wrecks my fps, like, it's going 45 at one moment and then for a few seconds it drops to 10, the goes up again and then goes down. A real rollercoaster.

Anyway, anyone knows any magazine repack script/mod? I've been using one that exist both as a script and as a mod. But it stops working after first load of the game.

There is one called Outlaw magazine repack then another people are probably more familiar with is Arma 3 Enhanced Inventory that has Mag repack built in

• Like 3

Yeah, I remember now, the Outlaw repack mag is the one that stops working after the first load. Going to try this second one, thanks @Gill93 !

• Like 1