@lecter : I will take a good look at the rad protections and re-test them.

Regarding your suggestions, I have a lot of things planned - and more or less began work on a trading system - but right now the priority is to finish the modules overhauling and enhance compatibility with third party addons and vanilla content.

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, Ravage isn't super vanilla-friendly at the moment : Altis & Stratis look change drastically and makes it impossible to create "pre-end of the world" missions on those maps (ruined buildings, no street lights etc).

Said changes relies on config tweaks, wich would cause dependency issues if I was to do the same for CUP Terrains.

But all that stuff should be history as of next update : Ravage v137 should improve integration to stock content & mods. I'm working on a new module to apply damaged textures to any kind of building (if it has such textures/models) and disable artificial lights on the fly.

It seems to be working well on Arma3 + CUP terrains (I can't wait to test it on Tanoa!). That means Ravage will no longer modify structures & lamps unless you want to do it via the module. Incidentally, that makes it easier for me to have Ravage Apex-ready. ;)

I dont want to be a nuisance Haleks, I'm just disappointed that Ravage no longer has NIARMS weapon pack (formerly known as HLC). It's the best weapon pack by far IMO. But if you dont have time to work on it, that's okay, I'll use default weapons then. Cheers.

• Like 1

Yes, NIArms is important! :)

Anyhow I have a question regarding loot from AI - until this Ravage version I used script with classnames (I'm not sure whether Haleks wrote this script or rsftokz) which I added to the init.sqf file of the rvg_missions.pbo. It enabled AI to use weapons and attachments from HLC/NIArms and RHS mod, but now it only works partially - namely AI will get weapons from NIArms and RHS pack but attachments and scopes never spawn on enemy. I added classnames for RHS scopes, but none of those spawn either except two which are included in default Ravage support of RHS mod (aimpoint and one with arrow crosshair). What seems to be the problem? Here is the script:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
{
0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons
forEach ["hlc_rifle_aks74u",                      // AK FAMILY
"hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F",                      // 4-five
"hlc_rifle_M1903A1_unertl",                      // Springfield
"hlc_rifle_M14DMR",                                // M14
"rhs_weap_sr25_ec",                                // SR25
"hlc_smg_mp5n"];                                     // MP5
{
0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x;        // military weapons
forEach ["hlc_rifle_ak74",                              //AK FAMILY
"hlc_rifle_FAL5061",                                  //FAL
"hlc_rifle_SLRchopmod",
"hlc_rifle_falosw",
"hlc_rifle_g3sg1",                               //HK G3 PSG1
"hlc_rifle_psg1",
"hlc_rifle_PSG1A1_RIS",
"hlc_rifle_g3ka4",
"hlc_rifle_RU556",                           //AR15 FAMILY
"hlc_rifle_RU5562",
"hlc_rifle_Colt727",
"hlc_rifle_honeybadger",
"rhs_weap_M4A1_carryhandle",
"rhs_weap_hk416d145",
"hlc_lmg_minimi_railed",                             // SAW
"hlc_lmg_M60E4",                                     // M60E4
"hlc_rifle_awmagnum",                             // AWM SNIPER
"rhs_weap_XM2010_wd",                                        // M210ESR
"rhs_weap_SVD",                                              // SVD
"hlc_rifle_G36V"];
{
0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x;            // accessories 
forEach ["HLC_Optic_PSO1",
"HLC_Optic_1p29",
"hlc_optic_kobra",
"rhsusf_acc_ACOG3_USMC",
"rhsusf_acc_premier",
"rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod",
"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4",
"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4_2",
"rhsusf_acc_grip1",
"rhsusf_acc_grip2",
"ItemGPS",
"Laserdesignator",
"optic_LRPS",
"optic_MRD",
"optic_Yorris",
"optic_Arco",
"optic_Hamr",
"optic_Aco",
"optic_Holosight",
"optic_NVS",
"optic_AMS",
"bipod_01_F_snd",

"HLC_Optic_G36dualoptic35x"];  

@lecter : that's probably the Equipment Pool module overriding everything. Add a little delay and you should be fine.

We can play the new map Tanoa only on DevBranch ;) So, i've tryed Ravage on Tanoa, and it is so good. But the new building are'nt used to spawn loot ( #spoil there's a lot of them everywhere).

It's normal haleks need the classname building to add them in the script (do you want them ?). But the places are perfect for this kind of mission ;)
And i have an idea, or a suggestion, can you diversify the table of loot-container ? I mean there is a lot of new garbage/storage in TanoaExpansion, you maybe can try to add them ot simply more container, to have a more "realistic/environment diversifyed"

@lecter : that's probably the Equipment Pool module overriding everything. Add a little delay and you should be fine.

umm, forgive me for asking Haleks, but >how< and >where< to add that? I'm not you dude, so any help is welcome :D

umm, forgive me for asking Haleks, but >how< and >where< to add that? I'm not you dude, so any help is welcome :D

Just add

sleep 1;

right after

;)

Increase the delay if it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Just add

sleep 1;

right after

;)

Increase the delay if it doesn't work.

It doesnt work  :( I had it set to 1, played couple of times and killed radier patrol that initially comes to spawn spot - only aimpoint optics and other one with arrow crosshairs from RHS drop and nothing else.

I then set sleep to 3 and did it again - same thing.

it was like this:

sleep 3;
{
0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x;  //civilians weapons
} 

and then classnames of weapons and stuff. The AI does use weapons from NIArms (HLC) but very rarely (yesterday I found AWM on raider's corpse) - but optics and other accessories like bipod or GPS never drop.  :unsure:

P.S. And could you please look into that Tao Folding map mod Haleks? It works in editor with vanilla map, however Ravage map (the one with different icon) will not work with this mod. It just opens like a normal map.

Nice. Tried to like your post, but "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day." Ever since I found the Tanoa early release thread. :lol: Looking good.

Using RHS and Warfare Thai?

Can't wait to run into a runner or a bandit group in the jungle.

• Like 1

Nice. Tried to like your post, but "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day." Ever since I found the Tanoa early release thread. :lol: Looking good.

Using RHS and Warfare Thai?

I feel your pain bro'.......https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191442-you-have-reached-your-quota-of-positive-votes-for-the-day/#entry3039516   :lol:

Any thoughts on boat patrols with Tanoa now playable and other island maps? Messing with Tanoa and Ravage in the editor now.

What is the rate of hunger and thirst if set to 1 in the Ravage Modules?

Except for the loot module, due to lack of building classnames, everything seems to be working very well on Tanoa. Liking the new additions to the modules also.

Any thoughts on boat patrols with Tanoa now playable and other island maps? Messing with Tanoa and Ravage in the editor now.

^^

Love the sound of this......it would add a great deal of danger to scouting the coastline, not to mention the chance to seize control of the boat

Haven't found any inland rivers on the main Tanoa island but this would be a perfect addition for the surrounding archipelago.  

• Like 1

Honestly in my opinion i would like to see this

• Boat patrols (assault boats, since FFV is a thing)
  • Return of unarmed vehicle patrols (50 cal MGs would be hard to find during the apocalypse)
  • Removal of anything in the 50 cal range for bandit patrols (yes, i mean you ASP-1 Kir)
  • Truck patrols (the Civ commercial trucks filled with bandits)
  • Weapon pool (so we can personally pick what weapons can spawn, along with what the bandits will spawn with #Kar98kgalore)
  • destroyed aircraft at airfields.
  • Also i know this is most likely planned, but incorperation of Apex Weapons, gear, vehicles, and buildings
  • Like 1

Honestly in my opinion i would like to see this

• Boat patrols (assault boats, since FFV is a thing)
  • Return of unarmed vehicle patrols (50 cal MGs would be hard to find during the apocalypse)
  • Removal of anything in the 50 cal range for bandit patrols (yes, i mean you ASP-1 Kir)
  • Truck patrols (the Civ commercial trucks filled with bandits)
  • Weapon pool (so we can personally pick what weapons can spawn, along with what the bandits will spawn with #Kar98kgalore)
  • destroyed aircraft at airfields.
  • Also i know this is most likely planned, but incorperation of Apex Weapons, gear, vehicles, and buildings

Urals filled with bandits? I like it! Would be an awesome "Oh shit!" moment having one role up on you. I swear sometimes I'm a masochist, as I die enough as it is.

@Evil Organ Scouting the coastline, or after seeing Cosmic's Ravage Escape Tanoa preview, trying to cross to another island. No real inland areas to drive a boat that I have seen, just some bays and small inlets. Though other maps do like Al Rayak and Esseker somewhat. Lot of island maps out there though.

I LOVE this mod! Been using it for quite some time now. The other day, every mission Ive made is broken. I get this message at startup: [RVG_fnc_init_save] Error: type BOOL expected ARRAY on index 1 ["postInit", false]

I dont know what to do. I get AI working, but NO zombies at all since this error. I miss making MP missions with this awesome mod. Things I have tried to do to fix it: restored my computer to an earlier point before the break; wiped and redownloaded ArmA, Ravage, and CBA_3 (I have all the latest versions); rebuilt every mission from scratch. I have ZERO experience in scripting/coding. I need any help you can give, please. Thanks.

I LOVE this mod! Been using it for quite some time now. The other day, every mission Ive made is broken. I get this message at startup: [RVG_fnc_init_save] Error: type BOOL expected ARRAY on index 1 ["postInit", false] [/size]

I dont know what to do. I get AI working, but NO zombies at all since this error. I miss making MP missions with this awesome mod. Things I have tried to do to fix it: restored my computer to an earlier point before the break; wiped and redownloaded ArmA, Ravage, and CBA_3 (I have all the latest versions); rebuilt every mission from scratch. I have ZERO experience in scripting/coding. I need any help you can give, please. Thanks.[/size]

That particular error should not be breaking any missions. I had it for some time as well but my missions loaded very slowly.

These have been addressed by Haleks in next version.

Can you describe broken in a little more depth... Won't load in editor... Won't load in preview?

What Cosmic said : if the new zed spawn formula causes issues or feels less efficient than before, I'm gonna need more details.

If needs be, I can always revert to the previous tweaks; so guys feel free to share your feedback on that regard. ;)

• Like 2

Another mod I need to spend time checking out. Something on my to do list!

Please do mate, and have fun! ^^

Sorry for being too vague. I am very new to using any forums. What I meant by "broken," is that NO zombies spawn at all. Not just not enough. None at all. The AI and loot spawns work flawlessly. It does give me hope that this is not a unique error message, but I dont know how to fix this. I have also tried "turning up" the spawn values in the module to ridiculously high numbers to no avail....By the way, thank you for responding at all. I know I am very new to this and appreciate the help.

Crazy Corky..........You SHOULD! I purchased ArmA 3 some time ago and played it very little til I found this mod. Now I cant stop playing it...

@Weland68 : send me a copy of your mission and I'll look at it when I can.

Ok so I've get my time today and made a complete revisit on my Esseker version (since most of the addons were updated recently after the latest game update like map,cup terrains etc.)  and update it to all the latest Ravage mod features.

One of a major issues i came across so far was with the zombies uniforms override feature within the ambient zombies module, having the majority of the vanilla civilian uniforms class names presented and with a few RHS uniforms i've noticed a huge

performance degradation on my end, basically it was one of a few times i've seen my arma heading down to 30fps since i started playing it.Going back and deleting all the uniform arrays and testing it again did gone like it should be and as what i used to get performance wise.

I guess thats what happens when the engine have to render each of uniforms again and again (knowing that some of RHS uniforms have 4k texture sheets), also reminded why zombies and demons sometimes its a huge memory hog since as it has to render each uniform,vest and gear each time.

• Like 1

Haleks,

Are the zeds supposed to attack vehicles in the mp version, or just the single player? In mp last night, they didn't care anymore after we got in a hatchback.

Ok so I've get my time today and made a complete revisit on my Esseker version (since most of the addons were updated recently after the latest game update like map,cup terrains etc.)  and update it to all the latest Ravage mod features.

One of a major issues i came across so far was with the zombies uniforms override feature within the ambient zombies module, having the majority of the vanilla civilian uniforms class names presented and with a few RHS uniforms i've noticed a huge

performance degradation on my end, basically it was one of a few times i've seen my arma heading down to 30fps since i started playing it.Going back and deleting all the uniform arrays and testing it again did gone like it should be and as what i used to get performance wise.

I guess thats what happens when the engine have to render each of uniforms again and again (knowing that some of RHS uniforms have 4k texture sheets), also reminded why zombies and demons sometimes its a huge memory hog since as it has to render each uniform,vest and gear each time.

Good to know; I had a feeling that the number of models to render could have an impact on performances, but never had the time to properly test it.

By the way, in the next version, the Equipment Pool module will allow to apply presets (Altis, Chernarus, Takistan, Tanoa). Those will pick up uniforms & gear from selected addons and filter inadequate items - the screenshot posted earlier by Evil Organ uses the Takistan preset with CUP + warfareThai. This will limit the number of gear to process and achieve a consistent feeling for any terrain. Said presets will apply to the loot system, AI & zombies.

Haleks,

Are the zeds supposed to attack vehicles in the mp version, or just the single player? In mp last night, they didn't care anymore after we got in a hatchback.

It should work in both SP & MP, although zeds may have troubles hitting vehicles. If they stop chasing you though, it's definitely a glitch... :/

• Like 2