Hey Haleks,

Ravage is already maturing nicely...the next update is looking tremendous....

I just always feel obliged to say "thank you" everytime i post here,  just for releasing this boundless project.

Your modules are already producing quality work elsewhere.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29657

• Like 2

The "walking zombies" can now run faster.

uh-oh, I really love the walking zombies as they are (that is why i chose your mod over others). Is that going to be a new class of zombie or overwrite all walking zombies?

Wish we could at least choose slow, medium or fast zombies (along with health option for headshots only) in the module. 

Awesome Haleks, I cant wait for the update  :jump_clap: 
One question tho: are NVGs and silencers spawning at all? I've been playing a lot these days, searched military barracks and sites, and I've managed to find some good rifles, MRCO scope, geiger counter, but I've never found NVGs or silencers, nor did I found it on corpses of enemies. Chemlights and a flashlight are only somewhat useful to get through the night (mainly to loot buildings, I avoid night firefights because flashlight has no much range)

as far as I took a Iook into the mod (I'm a curious guy, ugly me ;)  ) NVGs and silencers won't loot as they are not in any spawn list...

those lists are easy to modify, it's your choice.

on my own opinion, those items should be "rare" enough to let the mod stay "survival", but they can be a "bonus".
It won't be to difficult to spawn NVGs somewhere  on a single place randomly , I guess...

in my modification of the mod I talked about a few posts ago, I putted silenced guns into the "@mas" addon list.... (modified it yesterday again, those guns were to "easy 'to find, I putted them elsewhere with less chance to spawn...)

the script  is into ravage.pbo/code/rvgloot/addonLists_mas

all you need is to add the clasname of the gun (form massi's addons here ) in one of the category (Civil/military/Industrial/research ).
each category is setted to have more or less chance to spawn loot items.

I did'nt try to put NVGs here (I made an another choice about  vehicles, modified as you can see on the previous page, spawning with some "vital" or "bonus" items into the quadbike )

I'm sure Haleks will tell you there are others options thought .
all depend about the skills of people who want to use /modify the mod with their own scripts.

you can also modify the gear of some bandits or survivor and try to find one (leader ?) equiped with better gear and why not... nvgs...

(you can also imagine the NVGs are extremly used ans show signs of failure, like blinking images or grain ..... they are BIS_Functions for this....)

uh-oh, I really love the walking zombies as they are (that is why i chose your mod over others). Is that going to be a new class of zombie or overwrite all walking zombies?

Wish we could at least choose slow, medium or fast zombies (along with health option for headshots only) in the module.

Right now it replaces the walking zombies; but it shouldn't be too much trouble to set up a user-defined speed limit for them.

I will see what I can do, but it won't be part of v0.1.2 : I don't want to delay it further. ;)

Awesome Haleks, I cant wait for the update  :jump_clap: 

One question tho: are NVGs and silencers spawning at all? I've been playing a lot these days, searched military barracks and sites, and I've managed to find some good rifles, MRCO scope, geiger counter, but I've never found NVGs or silencers, nor did I found it on corpses of enemies. Chemlights and a flashlight are only somewhat useful to get through the night (mainly to loot buildings, I avoid night firefights because flashlight has no much range)

No NVGs in the loot tables.

I might add them later on though, the recent additions I made could be used to emulate a battery system and make NVGs a bit more interesting to use.

As for silencers, you have a very tiny chance to find them on bandits - provided that their weapon can receive one.

I want them to be extremely rare for now, since the "hearing" function for zombies has a limited range, they would make things way too easy.

• Like 2

I think the mod is already too generous.

It would have been very good if all of us have ALL_IN_ONE loadout  HMG thermal-sniper-AT-AA-Medics (something like KotH)...

but what most gamers cannot understand is..If you take the EXACT same mission and

change the loadouts..EVERYTHING changes.

So..a mission maker can make any custom changes he wants (because they can be created tenths of different situations with Ravage mod as base/who REQUIRE different loadout and/or loot rules..)

-but if we speak about harsh survival..close to no-loadout is the game itself.

It's hard for me too..but that's the whole point imHo again..  :)

• Like 1

I guess everyone as is own opinion and point of view about Arma, survival, etc......

to be honest, yes Ravage is the mod about harsh survival (and can be rougher that it is yet ) and it offers a very good new atmosphere for Arma.
we can always go deeper in functionality (  I was playing the mission puting the geiger detector on and off to save batteries... I just realize there were no "battery life function" implemented yet :D ... until the last Haleks post :P )

so, we can expect deeper scripting to make Ravage more "survival".....

as I told before, I don't need any "infected" or "zombies" for the game "I" want to play, other guys will not imagine a second  someone can play Ravage without a single Zed....every one have his own opinion about this.

Haleks told us we can always use his modules and adapt any missions with ravage, zed or no zed, radiation or no radiation... and so we can custom the loot, weaponery  too....

an Arma 3 land without a single light ( except the fuel station with indestructible lights ;) )  at night is a very exiting experience and playing with only a flashlight or chemlight is great....
but sometimes we might want to have  a NVG

as I wrote sooner, we can imagine to find an NVG on a leader somewhere, make it to be "rare" to find and apply some vision effect like it is damaged.....and we can  have low lifespan batteries too ;)

I'm (very) new in scripting, this is for me a kind of fascinating magic (when I play Pilgrimage, for example, and I see all Rydygier does for the mission is only about scripting, with only one or two trigger for a whole map and all  it happens in a mission, the magic of "dynamic" scripting... I dream about the day I will be able to do such things.)

so it is why I have a great respect for guys like Haleks and Rydygier (and others) and why I'm playing to "custom" the script, because I learn  and then I enjoy what I understood and success to custom for my own missions (that I never have the idea to share because I got no credits about all this stuff, I'm just copying and pasting pieces of someone else talent and skills... )

well...I'm going off the subject.

everyone is free to custom what he wants, as long as all credits are given to the guys who firstly made the magical and respect  is kept to them. 

as it was previously written sooner, each time I post here, it's like I fell obliged to say  "thank you" to Haleks all the time   :)

so thank you. again.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that NVGs should be pouring from every corner - I'm saying they should be added to loot-table since they're in game. Of course they should be hard to come by, and I'd suggest that to make them work only with batteries or some item like "isotope charge" (they do work with this irl) or "isotope battery" (if Haleks can make it as such and I believe it can be done) to make it more demanding item. They are a game changer in ArmA 2 DayZ practically, and that's why I'm saying they should be hard to find in the first place, AND needing maintenance i.e. batteries or that isotope recharge to keep them running. I dont mind using flashlight/chemlights to move around and loot, but once you get into fight in the pitch black nights, you cant hit bandits while the AI has no problem whatsoever to have pinpoint accuracy to hit you from 300m. Believe me, I've tested this and that's why I normally sleep though the night if Im fed and hydrated to get it thought the night.

It's too quiet around here...

A storm is coming/i can smell it  :D

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Ravage v0.1.2 is out!

drive_logo.png :581:

v0.1.2 (04/11/2015)
Note to mission-makers : I advise removing all modules from your missions before updating, and replace them once you run the new version.

Tweaked :
    Various HUD improvements.
    Tactical Bacon item didn't have a proper inventory icon.
    Added flashlight attachment item to the Vital Loot list.
    Removed the Irradiation limit for the player (Rad Exposure beyond 100% - experimental).
    Geiger counter sounds volume calculation at low levels.
    The "walking zombies" can now run faster.
    Zombies are now much more resilient to damages.
    Improved distance check when being attacked by a zombie.
    Tweaked target detection function for zombies.
    Zombies spawned by Horde modules now act as actual "hordes" (optional).
    Zombies dynamically spawned in the wild now use the new "horde behaviour".
    Toolkits can now be used up to 3 times before breaking.
    AntiRad bottles now contain up to 6 pills.
    Inventory screen will automatically close itself as soon as the player starts running.

Fixed :
    AntiRad pills were not working.
    Fixed sleeping bags and tents disappearing into the ground inside houses.
    Unfolded bedrolls and tents positioning now adapt correctly to the terrain slope.
    Player being unable to fill jerrycans at fuel stations.
    Small correction to the syphon vehicle function formula.
    Player being unable to sleep in tents.
    Zombie Spawn Radius (Ambiant zombies module) not working beyond 400 meters.
    Zombies were failing to detect immobile targets at close/medium range.
    Player being unable to inflame previously extinguished campfires.
    Wrecks and damaged vehicles could sometimes spawn too close to the player.
    The Vehicles module wasn't adding Maintenance Actions to manually placed vehicles when "Vehicle Damages" was set to false.
    Unpacked tents should now appear a bit further from the player.
    Added safeguards preventing the player from unpacking tents in unfitting places.
    Various minor fixes.
    Minor RPT errors.

New :
    Mission makers can now define a side for each of the hostile and friendly factions (Ambiant AI module).
    Added zed Blacklisted zones module.
    Added debug markers for radioactive areas (survival module).
    Added individual options to the Debug module.
    Added low grade food and drink items.
    Added new map item (alternative icon by Scorch).
    Added Descriptions to Editor modules (click on "Show Infos" - WIP).
    TRYK uniforms addon is now supported (WIP).
    Added tutorial hint about Radiation Poisoning to the Altis showcase scenario.
    Added Marksmen DLC weapons to AI loadouts for players who own the DLC.

Have fun chaps!

• Like 8

Thanks Haleks!!

To keep it simple guys, just put a LIKE on cosmic's post - thus we all "thanks Haleks" and keep the thread shorter ;)

• Like 2

To keep it simple guys, just put a LIKE on cosmic's post - thus we all "thanks Haleks" and keep the thread shorter ;)

Thanks Haleks!!

• Like 6

Thanks Haleks!!

Dude, I'll eat your liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti for trolling me :D   :P 

Dude, I'll eat your liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti for trolling me :D   :P 

No one would thank you for that tho...

Thanks from me too Haleks - i appreciate all the effort you put in this.

Coder, Community Manager, Game Designer - all at once! Great work man.

• Like 2

Like already left... for long time.....

I'll go to dig deep into the new update ;)...

and about incoming Storm, in real life, NO ISOTOPE charge into a NVG......

Survival happends sometimes for real ;)

CF1guS.jpg

• Like 3

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Ravage Mod v0.1.2

Thanks Fox! ;)

One tiny note : I've added Tryk uniforms to the list of supported mods in the OP, if you could reflect this on the mod page that would be sweet.

I should probably ask the mission maker(s) though I'm really not sure; but for future reference, how will your updates (generally speaking) impact custom made missions using your mod? The Doctor X one comes to mind. That mission just went up and obviously, it was before this update. And with this excellent framework, I imagine a lot of missions are coming!

On that note...

When do you plan on expanding on the story/tasks part of the mod? :)

Anyway, thanks for the update. I think I'm jumping back in tonight. You've got something really special here Haleks. That's an impressive change log!

I should probably ask the mission maker(s), but for future reference, how will your updates (generally speaking) impact custom made missions using your mod? The Doctor X one comes to mind. That mission just went up and obviously, it was before this update.

On that note...

When do you plan on expanding on the story/tasks part of the mod?

Anyway, thanks for the update. I think I'm jumping back in tonight. You've got something really special here Haleks. That's an impressive change log!

Well the last couple updates had major changes, but provided that mission makers properly update their modules, it should be all right.

The mod is WIP though, eventhough I'll try to minimize impact on existing missions, I cannot guarantee that this or that won't break with the next update... :/

Story-telling will be worked on once I'm happy with survival/gameplay mechanics - in other words, I don't know. ^^

By the way, I've just noticed I made a little mistake with loot configs - don't use WarfareThai + RHS if you aren't playing with Massi's weapons.

Weapons from both mods will spawn, causing issues with incompatible magazines...

Regarding supported mods, I will probably re-work the whole thing for v0.1.3 : right now Ravage tries to mix weapons from all mods in a coherent manner, but it is one big headache to maintain.

I will probably simplify the system, and make it pick weapons from one mod only, with a preference for the more verstatile addons : CUP, WarfareThai & RHS.

• Like 2

(....)

I will probably simplify the system, and make it pick weapons from one mod only, with a preference for the more verstatile addons : CUP, WarfareThai & RHS.

too bad for @MAS addict .....  :P  ;)  ^_^

I just dropped the new ravage 0.1.2 with my  "own" modifications.....

the mission just started... no more dead dude close to the wreck for me.... it will add more difficulty to start the mission then  ( although this dude is still present in the script...)

I'll tried to figure it out later.... no matter for me ( angry guys are running quickly down the hill I just spawn.... need to play it stealth until I find gun and appropriate ammos... or use some "Mocap" action if I can....)

good luck to me... :D

Hey, just started playing this mod today and designed a nice template for Esseker which I can upload eventually.

Just wanted to ask when this will be uploaded to steam, other than that, amazing mod!

I ran.... get exposed to radiations... found a very few loot locations (less loot than previous version, less  houses with loot spawned...) until I found a M1014 and some bucks a few houses further... so I went back on my path to deal with those guys down the hill...
I wanted to make a fair deal, seems they were'nt too agree with it...too bad...

now I have some very  cool TRYK's clothes.... and a  few guns....

yiamip.jpg

I took 3x pills, had a Franta and podewerd milk... but too much radiations, my health decreased to 36% in a few minutes....

too weak to find  medics around I guess... let try (Altis is a very big island when you walk while dying.....)  

the new improved HUD is fine for me.....

AZpDnw.jpg

:huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  it seems I met an another "survivor".... but none one we can expect

BK4rLl.jpg

this LIGHT survived !!!!!!!

• Like 3