isn't there a way to use the already existing objects from the map ? as in scripted for all water sources ?

or are they not on the map listed as such ? because i see many houses with water barrels and the land water source is almost in every town.

there are towns with food sacks etc. can't they be used as such ? (should have been default option in game if you ask me ...) (they made it work on chernarus/dayz ? but i have no idea how)

Great Question! ;)

Yes I am aware of the water sources in a few towns. If there isn't any in a town, I will add one in.

As I have said before, the fill function retrieves the nearest object specified (whether it is placed on the map or already there). Later on, however, an addAction will be added upon the objects in order for new players to get used to "DSS". (A new dialog will be created for this feature.)

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

(should have been default option in game if you ask me ...) (they made it work on chernarus/dayz ? but i have no idea how)

PS: I looked at their coding, all they have done is use the command "deleteVehicle _i", where "_i = cursorTarget". (Sorryz, to hyped by how good and efficient their code is. :p )

Keep in mind, that Water could be a strategic ressource. offering too many source negates that strategic factor.

My suggestion is either you provide only the currently placed water sources or you put water sources in every kind of settlement but limit these sources. (e.g. there are only x water sources active.. all others are dried out. The active ones are giving only a limited amount of water before also running dry. AND to avoid sniping / griefing hotspots, the active water sources are changing with each server start).

poison the well at random, show hint, "nasty smelling water, worse than rotting corpse."

that would keep it strategic :D

poison the well at random, show hint, "nasty smelling water, worse than rotting corpse."

Love this idea of the poisoned water sources:bounce3:........also love the idea of making the player able to poison water sources:icon_twisted:

Haha, I'll keep that idea in mind. ;)

In fact, the first infection that is going to be introduced to kill you is the typical element we always use in DayZ for torture...

Disinfectant Spray

:811::rofl: (first things first, though. This feature will be added in BETA)

Again, this item has already been added in ArmA 3 found inside Structures_F or in editor, look under "Objects (Small)".

Another thing, I also found "blood bags" in ArmA as well, so stay tuned for that as well. :)

UPDATE:

- Improved sound positioning for zombies.

- Updated intro look. (replaced white logo with red & black version)

- Improved intro scene. (waking up)

- Added Vintage Easter egg. (Shhhh...it's a secret.)

- Replaced zombie sounds with improved, realistic effects.

PLANNED:

- Riddles and tasks might also be added within the mod.

- Different types of zeds. (fast proning, fast crouching and fast running types)

- Aftermath look on Kavala and Pyrgos. (buildings collapsed, signs of fallen military operations, etc.)

- Effects when hit by a zombie.

The reason Kavala and Pyrgos will have collapsed buildings is of the ridiculous amount of loot that will spawn there, but will still remain a popular place for players. (Building wrecks can also provide good cover and stealth when ambushing whatever your ambushing ;) )

Speaking of night zombies, anybody know of similar sounds to this dude? (he's not really a dude, but ok. :p )

Edited by Ranwer

Hi Ranwer,

Kudos for collapsed buildings especially in Kavala....might help with the massive FPS drop everytime i go there!!:icon_frown:

Also mighty happy to see the potential inclusion of Sam's Weapon Pack, it's a little gem of a pack....

Speaking of weapons, will DSS have some kind of degradable weapons system, i.e weapons that jam etc...or if that's to complex for Arma, maybe even some weapons that visually look all beat up, i know, for instance, that some weapons in the CUP weapons pack have some poor textures due to porting, but in the context of DSS, this would look good right? Anyways, keep up the good fight....i'm glued to this thread Dude:popcornsmilie:

Hi Ranwer,

Kudos for collapsed buildings especially in Kavala....might help with the massive FPS drop everytime i go there!!:icon_frown:

Also mighty happy to see the potential inclusion of Sam's Weapon Pack, it's a little gem of a pack....

Speaking of weapons, will DSS have some kind of degradable weapons system, i.e weapons that jam etc...or if that's to complex for Arma, maybe even some weapons that visually look all beat up, i know, for instance, that some weapons in the CUP weapons pack have some poor textures due to porting, but in the context of DSS, this would look good right? Anyways, keep up the good fight....i'm glued to this thread Dude:popcornsmilie:

I'm aware of the FPS drop, that is why the camera intro (as shown after that vote) will take care of this FPS drop. (It will destroy the buildings during the intro, which the camera is located at the very top island of Altis. Experienced very little FPS this way)

And about the weapons, I'm not sure now because I have HLC, SVT40 and Sam's pack scrambling my head. FPDR :p

SVT40: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21556

Sam's Weapon Pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28737

HLC Magnum: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28950

Gotta try and think about the three, on which would be best for the feel of "DSS" and the mechanism for Crafting. *Ripping hair out* :803:

In the overall status of the mod, it is nearly there. But to at least release it in Early Access ALPHA, this is underway:

- Create night zombie.

- Create slow and fast zeds.

- Persistent DB Function.

- Wrecks and signs of fallen military powers.

- Random player spawn.

- HUD design work. (Found out that DayZ used "wingdings" as their UI icons :p )

- Integrating the cooking dialog. (Sadly, there is not meat objects provided in ArmA :( )

- Effects when hit by zombie.

- Loot Spawn.

Edited by Ranwer

Regarding the weapons packs that are "scrambling" your head, a good thing to take note is how well a particular pack is being updated regularly...out of the 3 you mention, the SVT40 pack hasn't been updated for over a year, whereas i believe Sam's and Toadies have been updated to recent Marksman DLC standard.

Yeah, Evil_Organ is right, the SVT40 is Hotshotmike´s work, which usually is outdated, crappy coded and - despite the fact the author is AWOL for over an year, even he was present, he wouldn´t give a rat´s arse about any error or complaints you may give regarding his ports - I gotta test SAM´s pack for error which could ruin singleplayer experience (some obscure dependancies or error code which ruins loading savedgames, and ruin as well persistency on MP) but CUp and HLC is rock solid as a choice of weapon pack (thou CUP is too big for most of the noob audience, recently)

[Edit] OK, I´ve tested SAm´s weapon pack, it doesn´t seem to cause loading saved games bugs whatsoever, but I wouldn´t advise using it, as it has been removed from Steamworkshop, so I´d suspect its weapons are unauthorized ports from FPSBananas (looks like the work of Tigg, Millenia or the other 3D weapon modelers ripped from there) and using it would ban you from this foruns for good =P

On the other hand, Trixie pack has a nicely config´d Lee Enfield Mk4, with and without rails, as well some other weapons, with lesser HD space than CUP, doesn´t have support for bipods, but aren´t bugged as Massi´s weapons and he left them as open source, so use at your best will!!!! -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175821-Trixie-s-Release-Thread&highlight=Trixie

- Riddles and tasks might also be added within the mod.

PLEASE DO IT! What DayZ lacks and really put me away from it is the lack of objectives, so besides scravenging and surviving, there´s no much point on it, so most people gets bored and start killing each other... objectives and quests keep people busy and, somewhat, cooperating! And on SP side, it gives some meaning for loooong hours of gameplay too lol

Keep it up, the more you post, the more we get hyped!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Ouch! I guess a few got away with ripped content. :p (I'll take a look at trixies open source, looks interesting. :) )

Yeah most indefinitely there will be Quests added to the mod as I have realised the classic wasteland and domination missions already have similar functions.

Such quests that are going to be added are within towns or heli wrecks. (Once near it, it will upload a riddle or quest for you)

I have already added an old radio playing away on the map, but more is planned along the way. :)

Currently, "DSS" is preparing for another overhaul as new in-game UI will be implemented into the mod. (Pictures will be posted sometime in the coming days this week) ;)

Edited by Ranwer

Ouch! I guess a few got away with ripped content. :p (I'll take a look at trixies open source, looks interesting. :) )

Yeah most indefinitely there will be Quests added to the mod as I have realised the classic wasteland and domination missions already have similar functions.

Such quests that are going to be added are within towns or heli wrecks. (Once near it, it will upload a riddle or quest for you)

I have already added an old radio playing away on the map, but more is planned along the way. :)

Currently, "DSS" is preparing for another overhaul as new in-game UI will be implemented into the mod. (Pictures will be posted sometime in the coming days this week) ;)

:popcornsmilie:

UPDATE:

New look on the UI for DSS. :D

5koxvn.jpg

Yes, they look alike from the DayZ Mod. But these were simply replicated by using these icons linked below:

blood-drop.svg

canteen-513448.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!pUFD2b164JZBRIj9(6DEg~~60_35.JPG

Icons edited by Photoshop CS5 :p

I like it, and I personally don´t see a problem if they look alike, after all both are mods (and DayZ SA doesn´t have icons, so whatever), but if people pester you about it, no more fuzz: replace the canteen for a glass (half full glass of water of half empty? lol), a bread and hospital cross =P

But nevermind the icons, the important subject is the functionality (if it is working, it is good to go ;) and if you need extra decos, there´s a mod you could make a good use - creepy stuff http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192036-Slaughter-Asset-A2-Import&highlight=Slaughter+objects and normal deco/objects (complete) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188629-PLP-BeachObjects&highlight=Poolpunk (wip) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182997-Poolpunks-Object-Packs-Work-in-Progress-Thread&highlight=Poolpunk

Keep it up!

I agree with Corporal_Lib.... but could you decrease the size of the icons ? Or maybe make the size choosable ?

;2965655']I like it' date=' and I personally don´t see a problem if they look alike, after all both are mods (and DayZ SA doesn´t have icons, so whatever), but if people pester you about it, no more fuzz: replace the canteen for a glass (half full glass of water of half empty? lol), a bread and hospital cross =P

But nevermind the icons, the important subject is the functionality (if it is working, it is good to go ;) and if you need extra decos, there´s a mod you could make a good use - creepy stuff [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192036-Slaughter-Asset-A2-Import&highlight=Slaughter+objects[/url] and normal deco/objects (complete) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188629-PLP-BeachObjects&highlight=Poolpunk (wip) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182997-Poolpunks-Object-Packs-Work-in-Progress-Thread&highlight=Poolpunk

Keep it up!

The functionality is kinda working, but it's getting there in due time. ;)

Back to the weapons, I taken a look at the three mods, it seems the HLC Core that contains animations for reloading, etc., could be used in conjunction with the ArmA 2 rifles, Trixie released. This includes such as the Lee Enfield :)

UPDATE:

- Found that HLC Core allows addon/mod developers to apply those animations to their weapons, AWESOME!

- Improved code for zombie pathfinding.

- Tested trixies weapon pack, it seems the Lee Enfield has a nice taste, especially in the crafting department.

NEW!!!

- Zombie "Creeper" (Can only prone)

In the mean time, I am currently outfitting my PC with a new modelling program, 3DS Max, which is also used by the ArmA devs. ;) (Should be a lot easier designing models)

Once installed, new models will be planned:

- Meat.

- Crafted weapons.

- Night zombie model.

- Flashlight.

Some ideas for the night zombie are planned:

- Run animation much like of a dog.

- Sounds similar to a lion with a zombie taste.

- Model similar towards The Gorn in Star Trek: The Video Game.

On a side note, I will also see if I can convert the current objects in ArmA (such as an "Axe") into a weapon, this may be tricky but it's worth a try. ;)

Edited by Ranwer

UPDATE: - Found that HLC Core allows addon/mod developers to apply those animations to their weapons, AWESOME![...]

- Tested trixies weapon pack, it seems the Lee Enfield has a nice taste, especially in the crafting department.

Awesome! I´m anxious to see the Lee Enfield with a proper reloading animation after each shot!

On a side note, I will also see if I can convert the current objects in ArmA (such as an "Axe") into a weapon, this may be tricky but it's worth a try. ;)

Many people have tinckered with the hatchet, Breaking Point had a working axe aeons ago, there´s this thread -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186493-Hatchet-Swing-Animation&highlight=MOCAP+melee

and there´s this mod, MANW contestant, and which I use daily to break CSAT necks and spanks bots with some fancy karate chops - and could be useful to merge with your mod, after all, our last resource against zeds are our bare hands!!!! (and maybe a "Push away" action) -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262&highlight=MOCAP

cheers!

;2966129']Awesome! I´m anxious to see the Lee Enfield with a proper reloading animation after each shot!

Many people have tinckered with the hatchet' date=' Breaking Point had a working axe aeons ago, there´s this thread -> [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186493-Hatchet-Swing-Animation&highlight=MOCAP+melee[/url]

and there´s this mod, MANW contestant, and which I use daily to break CSAT necks and spanks bots with some fancy karate chops - and could be useful to merge with your mod, after all, our last resource against zeds are our bare hands!!!! (and maybe a "Push away" action) -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262&highlight=MOCAP

cheers!

Thanks for the links, I have heard of the melee addon that was in WIP for MANW. (wish he won, LOL)

Will try it out though. And in terms of the Lee enfield, it seems that HLC Core already has unused animations for it already, so I'll see how it turns out tonight with some new adjustments. ;)

Hi Ranwer, looking back through the thread, there was a question regarding persistence......this just popped up on Armaholic today....maybe worth checking out.....Regards EO.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29119

Hi Ranwer, looking back through the thread, there was a question regarding persistence......this just popped up on Armaholic today....maybe worth checking out.....Regards EO.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29119

Thanks for the link, Evil Organ. :) (will try it out once I untangle a few scripts within the craft and survival menu)

Currently, here is the progress of the Trixie Weapon:

- Rechamber animation added after each fire.

- Custom reload animation added.

- Rechamber sound added.

Currently in WIP:

- Optimising craft and survival code.

- Weapon: Replace standard Lee Enfield sounds with realistic reload, fire and rechamber sounds. ;)

- Fixing prone issue with new "Creeper" zombie.

Will post a short video sometime on the customized weapon. :) (Even though trixie's weapon is an open source, a separate ".pbo" was made to handle the replacement features ;) )

Hmmm. I suppose he has made good animations for the zeds. :confused:

I will check out his mod and decide whether we could work together. (Both mods could benefit from my zed pathfinding and his animations, its just the time that concerns me, as I am nearing high school graduation and also on a career plan to work for Bohemia Interactive)

Again, will try it out tonight. ;)