Possibly, but the incoming release trailer will cover most of the mod. ;)

I can't wait to see it! :D

• Like 1

Ladies & Gentlemen!!!

The official DSS Trailer is here! Check it out below: (Mod is not uploaded yet for release, due to the trailer taking a long time to upload in 1080p)

UPDATE:

Added: Media - Release Trailer

Overhauled: UI - Humanity HUD

Tweaked: A lot of code...

What's Left:

Upload: DSS: The Mod (Early Access Alpha)

Side Notes

@Humanity HUD

- New look on Humanity HUD, what do you guys think? :D

Fqi9pBf.jpg

• Like 2

Loved the launch trailer, freaking Epic... man, this is going to be a helluva great week the following ones (DSS+Ravage mod+Contention Zone, arma3 is going Survival Sandbox in full throtle!!!!)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Nice trailer, very professionally made. I love the reload sound clip at the end :)

• Like 1

Loved the launch trailer, freaking Epic... man, this is going to be a helluva great week the following ones (DSS+Ravage mod+Contention Zone, arma3 is going Survival Sandbox in full throtle!!!!)

Cheers!

I guess this could be the new revolution of survival mods rising, rather than having a one choice much like BP or EXILE.  ;)

Nice trailer, very professionally made. I love the reload sound clip at the end :)

It was quite a challenge to make, especially when you are trying to record A.I. moving around with the Splendid Camera, while it may do the unexpected thing. (Cheers Moricky :don 12:)

I guess the only thing missing to make it more epic was a 'PEGI 16' disclaimer.  :lol:

With regards to its release, it probably won't be released today (Unknown at this current time due to assignment). However, until the Mod is ready for release, I will be fixing/improving as much as possible in all areas of the mod.

Here is a log of what has been recently fixed/improved today:

Added: Ammo Box - Contains all items in the mod.

Added: Media - Main Menu Video for VR map.

Added: Music - Charlie Clouser. (Shithole Theme)

Added: Music - Clint Mansell. (Leaving Earth)

Added: SFX - 7 Wood impact effects. (for Axe)

Added: SFX - 4 Gore impact effects. (for Axe)

Fixed: Error - Undefined error in Ambient Music.

Fixed: Error - Type issue in Craft Menu.

Fixed: Bug - Fill Water was not running for some reason.

Removed: Magazine - Zombie Heart. (setVariable is used now)

Tweaked: Function - Melee. (Now uses 'switch' to avoid bugs or glitches)

Tweaked: Humanity HUD - Whole layout.

Tweaked: Module - Humanity. (Now has 3 options to customize: Starting Thirst Level, Starting Hunger Level, and set Starting Levels Publicly)

Tweaked: Module - Ambient Spawner. (Shadow Zeds now spawn at night)

Tweaked: Shadow Zed - Randomizes animation poses when attacked or followed.

Tweaked: System - Changed many 'If' statements to 'switch's.

Tweaked: World - Changed default load map "Stratis" to "VR".

Tweaked: Zeds - Use setVariable instead of custom magazine in order to tell who isn't a zombie.

• Like 3

Hey Ranwer.....Wow!!....that's one awesome trailer.....music and visuals in perfect harmony.....Survival juices are certainly flowing now.

Congratulations my friend.  ;)

• Like 1

I personally hate the HUD. I've never been a fan of big and obnoxious displays which take away from the visual experience. I'd want to be able to refer to the HUD when I want to, not when it wants me.

Awesome @Ranwer135 !!!

How are you going to proceed for the release?

Is it going to be public?

Awesome work Ranwer!

• Like 1

I personally hate the HUD. I've never been a fan of big and obnoxious displays which take away from the visual experience. I'd want to be able to refer to the HUD when I want to, not when it wants me.

About that, I have had a discussion with a few of my members, and we agree that the progress bar is too much (However, without HUD or system messages that says 'you are thirsty', how would you know if you are hungry or thirsty?!?). Here is a new update on the HUD. (Please note this is releasing in Early Access Alpha, which means many things will be improved and fixed in due course)

2zg6slf.jpg

I can say, though, that the confirmed release date is 7/10/2015 AEST.  ;)

Awesome @Ranwer135 !!!

How are you going to proceed for the release?

Is it going to be public?

Awesome work Ranwer!

Well before releasing it, it will have to be uploaded on Steam Workshop, due to those out there who will upload it there without your permission. (After that, it will then be uploaded on dropbox for the community here)

Yes it will be public. But I can say though that the overall size of DSS alone is now 77 MB.

But in any case, here is what has been fixed/improved:

Tweaked: Animation - Drink Erect. (Adjusted head for smooth movement)

Tweaked: Animation - Eat Erect. (Made left hand less jerky)

Tweaked: Animation - Drink Crouched. (Made its stance very similar to the vanilla stance)

Tweaked: Animation - Eat Crouched. (Made its stance very similar to the vanilla stance)

Tweaked: Code - Menu opens after action. (Removed command as it could be annoying sometimes)

Tweaked: Function - Chop tree. (Applied some code to ensure no units/vehicles/statics/houses are destroyed when initialized)

Tweaked: Dialog - Craft Menu. (Added preview window for displaying pic and info when selecting a required item)

Tweaked: Function - Chop tree. (Randomization chance replaced with a count of 5 hits on the tree)

Tweaked: Function - Heal. (Matched amount of healing to vanilla first aid kit)

Tweaked: Function - Melee. (5x faster by removing some useless code mentioned more than twice)

Tweaked: Function - Move object. (Forces player to walk instead of forcing him/her to the ground)

Tweaked: Function - Refuel Vehicle. (Applied progress bar and adjusted time for it to fill up)

Tweaked: Function - Repair Car/Truck. (Properly repairs each wheel/engine without having to use a randomize function to check)

Tweaked: HUD - Humanity. (Removed progress bar to avoid it taking up the screen)

Tweaked: SFX - Sounds. (Converted to mono for realistic distance)

Tweaked: System - Action brain. (Minimized a bit of code in some areas by applying a stance detector, NOT the same as the command stance)

Tweaked: Shadow Zed - Code. (Now only moves if no one actually sees it, rather than having the victim being the focus)

Updated First Post

Full SITREP - Steam Version

• Like 3

Just happens to be my day off work this week.....those odd jobs in the garden will have to wait another week  ;)

Regarding the Humanity HUD....a few questions/ideas for the future....

As a big fan of the "Customize Layout" menu in Arma, will users have a choice to customize the Humanity HUD?  The ability to place and scale the HUD could be useful.

Another alternative could be the option to place the HUD on the horizontal, rather than the vertical, again it could make it a little less obtrusive. 

In any case, the latest rendition of the HUD is neat and tidy.  ;)

I'm always hyped when there is a release date on the horizon whether it be a book, movie or game.....and DSS is no exception...Bring it on!  

• Like 1

I cannot wait to see these zombies!! :D

• Like 1

Cannot wait to release it myself, actually. :P

Currently, I am setting up an offline dedi server to test out the code. (Cannot get one up at the moment due to being stuck on the loading screen. Will find a fix so I can start debugging  ;) )

• Like 1

Like the new HUD. Takes up less space on the screen and is just less intrusive, yet is clearly visible when info is needed.

Like the new HUD. Takes up less space on the screen and is just less intrusive, yet is clearly visible when info is needed.

Glad you like it! :D

I have been fiddling to get an offline dedi server up, but with no luck. However, trying a technique where 2 actual machines play a role as the client and the host, was not that pretty (Shook me out of my boots when many functions, modules and zeds, failed miserably in both sides). So this kind of issue is not confirmed yet, as it has also somewhat made the vanilla MP missions fail in many other ways. :huh:

However, everything seems to work brilliantly in SP. But such as myself and Heleks, we will have to look in the MP side of scripting and compatibility (I will also get in contact with Craig/bobtom, creator of DZS, to see if he has any advice for this kind of learning curve). SP and MP mission will be included still with the release, but the MP mission will act as experimental for in this case of feedback.

Since the release date is 1 day away and with little time to find out what is really going on, I will start trying out the new Arma 3 Dedicated Server Tool, found in Steam Tools. (New features, fixes and improvements will be still worked on after release ;) )

• Like 2

when you do release it, please may i be very polite and request that you will release on PWS please :) 

Glad you like it! :D

I have been fiddling to get an offline dedi server up, but with no luck. However, trying a technique where 2 actual machines play a role as the client and the host, was not that pretty (Shook me out of my boots when many functions, modules and zeds, failed miserably in both sides). So this kind of issue is not confirmed yet, as it has also somewhat made the vanilla MP missions fail in many other ways. :huh:

However, everything seems to work brilliantly in SP. But such as myself and Heleks, we will have to look in the MP side of scripting and compatibility (I will also get in contact with Craig/bobtom, creator of DZS, to see if he has any advice for this kind of learning curve). SP and MP mission will be included still with the release, but the MP mission will act as experimental for in this case of feedback.

Since the release date is 1 day away and with little time to find out what is really going on, I will start trying out the new Arma 3 Dedicated Server Tool, found in Steam Tools. (New features, fixes and improvements will be still worked on after release ;) )

I will test MP too. ;)

i personally like colour based status huds. since you only need a nice symbol and also there is no exact value but an estimation instead. makes it feel more natural and not like you are maintaining a robot. but that's jsut my humble opinion on HUDs in general :lol:

• Like 2

UPDATE:

DSS Has been released! (Not for the forums though, as I am aware some users may upload it on steam without permission)

EDIT: Updated first page for those who are not so Steamy with Workshop.  :D 

Be the first to try out the Mod 

See you on the survival line!  ;) 

• Like 1

Just a heads up. First page says the DSS Mission Files are required, the steam page does not mention them, even though they were right next to it in new releases.

Nevermind it lists it on the side. Doh!

Question though. I normally only download missions from steam. Should I treat the mission files as an addon and just add the @DSS_Missions manually to my mods folder? Not sure how steam handles addons.

Hey Rawner, the link leads to trixie rifles... so is steamworkshop the only source to your mod???

First page in this thread has been updated. (Awaiting Moderator to move thread to complete)

Just a heads up. First page says the DSS Mission Files are required, the steam page does not mention them, even though they were right next to it in new releases.

Nevermind it lists it on the side. Doh!

Question though. I normally only download missions from steam. Should I treat the mission files as an addon and just add the @DSS_Missions manually to my mods folder? Not sure how steam handles addons.

It should appear in the ArmA 3 Launcher. If it isn't, then either move it to @DSS, or download another copy, but from the first page. :)

Hmmm...Tried loading mods through PW6 and redownloading all the files from the links here and running through Arma 3 Launcher. It seems to be loading exactly as it should with splash screens, loading the assets in the lower left on the UI, which is showing also, and a big DSS with loading bar and "Launching DSS" flashing. Background is black this whole time and stays that way. DSS disappears then reappears with the music coming up yet the black screen with DSS in the middle does not disappear a second time. Can hear noises in the background like the character talking and bring up the gear menu to see I heard him messing with the flashlight. The whole time nothing but DSS on a black screen until I died from dehydration lol.

No idea what is up.

Also not getting any errors on anything when loading.

Hmmm...Tried loading mods through PW6 and redownloading all the files from the links here and running through Arma 3 Launcher. It seems to be loading exactly as it should with splash screens, loading the assets in the lower left on the UI, which is showing also, and a big DSS with loading bar and "Launching DSS" flashing. Background is black this whole time and stays that way. DSS disappears then reappears with the music coming up yet the black screen with DSS in the middle does not disappear a second time. Can hear noises in the background like the character talking and bring up the gear menu to see I heard him messing with the flashlight. The whole time nothing but DSS on a black screen until I died from dehydration lol.

No idea what is up.

Also not getting any errors on anything when loading.

Yeah, it seems to be a confirmed problem now. (I am speaking with other members on the forums about the issue, hopefully it will be fixed :) )

UPDATE:

Steam Announcement

Fixed: Melee - Bug. (Axe swing loops unexpectedly)

Tweaked: Code - MP Compatibility. (Updated and added MP commands to dss_code)

DOWNLOAD (v 0.2)

Side Notes:

- Updated and added more MP commands to dss_code, hopefully you might see some slight improvements/changes. Axe swing loop has also been fixed, so give that a try as well to see if the loop bug is gone.

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems to be a confirmed problem now. (I am speaking with other members on the forums about the issue, hopefully it will be fixed :) )

UPDATE:

Steam Announcement

Fixed: Melee - Bug. (Axe swing loops unexpectedly)

Tweaked: Code - MP Compatibility. (Updated and added MP commands to dss_code)

DOWNLOAD (v 0.2)

Side Notes:

- Updated and added more MP commands to dss_code, hopefully you might see some slight improvements/changes. Axe swing loop has also been fixed, so give that a try as well to see if the loop bug is gone.

Looks neat !

Great job mate.