maca134

nRadio - Stream Internet Radio

This is something that started as a proof-of-concept thing one evening not long after discovering how to do ARMA extensions in C#.

nRadio is a small mod for ARMA that allows clients to listen to internet radio mp3 streams. The mod includes a set of simple functions to interact with the extension and a basic "radio" dialog. Here is a small video of an earlier version:

Get the latest version on GitHub @ https://github.com/maca134/arma-nradio

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this would be useful, does it only read mp3 and nothing else right? will it read those other radio files?

pretty sure its only mp3 so far

this would be great to have attached to an object like a radio so you can have live radio ingame...or...TFAR style in cars!

Keep it up

Hey ! very nice mod ! However how do you install it ? cant understand how to compile...

Ty

Edit : just found the "release" button sorry :)

Edited by Calgon87
Mistake

*.m3u possible?

anyway: Good one!

*.m3u possible?

If you open the m3u, there should/might be an mp3 url

I tried this out but the streams just came out extremely jittery and sounding strange, not like it was failing to buffer or something but like it was playing in the wrong format. and this was with both the streams included in the mod and custom ones

I tried this out but the streams just came out extremely jittery and sounding strange, not like it was failing to buffer or something but like it was playing in the wrong format. and this was with both the streams included in the mod and custom ones

IT might be just that the latency on the stream is shit. I will see about some buffering options.

so if theres a repository of mp3 music stored on a website, and everyone in a server had this extension, would this be able to be applied globally to things like in game car radios? where the driver could select a song/station and everyone would hear it who had the extension?

@J0nes

Yes with nRadio you could do this, it just requires a small bit of work (simply enough really).

You just need to code some sqf code to send the music info to other players in the car, so that extension plays music stream for them.

Prob pointless, but as far as i know the armaholic download (complete package) does not work no more, but i see on the github the files are newer (i also see a _x64.dll file in there, guess its 64bit ready?) and im takeing a big guess that the files (apart from the dialog/sqf) have to be made into a .dll file? (am i right or completely and utterly wrong?) to make this work as a mod?....i know maca is using this on the ccg servers so i know it works. This would be a great work a round instead of saving large music files in mod packs

Has any one have this working? Do you install into mission file. Running a remote internet radio station on a computer in my home.

Still stuck on "how" to place this into server. Installing has confused me. Where to be placed and start up. I can figure out to get working with this idea for setup with streaming files.