Sign in to follow this  
Spetsnaz -PELOPES-

Vietcong-game

environment_15.JPG

Looks like there will be some nice open spaces, not as big as OFP, but if gameplay is as good as it seems, than it will more than make up for any faults.

Looks nice.

Tyler

Some questions that I have:

Is there/will there be a mission editor?

How big are the AO (area of operation)?  Are those mountains like big walls that block your movement?

Look at the first pick, right under the Vietcong at the bottom left hand corner.  Please tell me that isn't a "health meter" showing how much "life" you got left.

From the Vietcong FAQ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What company is the developer of VIETCONG?

The development team is Pterodon in association with Illusion Softworks. Pterodon is based in the Czech Republic and was founded by Michal Janacek and Jarek Kolar in January 1998. Pterodon has developed the fantasy first person shooter Flying Heroes. Illusion Softworks is well-known for the games Mafia and Hidden & Dangerous.<span id='postcolor'>

What's up with military FPS and the Czech Republic? tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Yeah it looks nice!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Race across hazardous terrain in jeeps, trucks, and riverboats!

<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

It looks great, just hope it plays as good as it looks smile.gif

RED

If it's made by the same guys who made H&D, it's gonna be a great game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spetsnaz [PELOPES] @ Oct. 10 2002,19:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">environment_03.JPG

Yep..

Well is not an intire island like OFP hehehe... but is a lot of terrain to fight,,, I like!

I'm just waiting for the DEMO..  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im not flaming any1... but that pic is either a joke, or its a screen of the most unrealistic and crappiest piece of "art" for a game, I have ever seen ??!!?!?!

The first pic looks nice (the one in the top of the thread).

Blomstermann what are you talking about? it looks good to me.

looks alright... that fog is a little questionable though, and some of those forests have the "magic impassable wall" look to them.

Yep, this ones up on my list of games-to-watch-out-for, along with Ravens Shield and Hidden and Dangerous 2.

Looks like you need a nice pc to play this bad boy. And it does give the appearance of the impassable wall as Tex said.

Holy shit look at the textures there...what kind of shotgun is that? Tex, who cares if there are the impassable walls? You don't need the environment beyond the mission anyways.

MAN that looks SO cool.

I can't wait for it. And for once it's going to come out relatively soon. I don't have to wait until "fall 2005" for a game -_-

But this looks great! Can't wait for a demo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Holy shit look at the textures there...what kind of shotgun is that? Tex, who cares if there are the impassable walls? You don't need the environment beyond the mission anyways.<span id='postcolor'>

says you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Holy shit look at the textures there...what kind of shotgun is that? Tex, who cares if there are the impassable walls? You don't need the environment beyond the mission anyways.<span id='postcolor'>

I made a mission covering quite a large chunk of Nogova actually smile.gif

I'm buying the game even if there is a health meter. Probably because I love the Nam.

Plus I'm used to health meters.

I'm having a good time playing Battlefield 1942 and Unreal 2003 demo right now smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Oct. 09 2002,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Look at the first pick, right under the Vietcong at the bottom left hand corner.  Please tell me that isn't a "health meter" showing how much "life" you got left.<span id='postcolor'>

Um, i don't know if you've noticed or not, but it's not because a game includes a lifemeter that it's bad and that it'll be one of those "get hit by a whole clip and run away with a scratch" games... The meter will probable just show how much life you have left after you get hit and IF the bullet(s)/schrapnel (or whatever they call it) doesn't hit you on a deadly spot. This can be very handy actually. At least this way you have an idea of how wounded you are. And don't start saying that this isn't realistic. It's possible to hit soldiers in OFP without them getting hurt bad at all. In this case a life meter would be handy, at least then you know how much chance of survival you have....

Die Alive: Tanks and cars dont have armor meters either. tounge.gif

Anyways, the only reason I said that was that if you make a mission, say where you raid a VC camp, you dont need anything thats a mile away from that, as cool as OFp's islands are, if you have thats say 200 meters away from the camp, thats enough for scouting (if you like doing that, someone once said that's a good thing about OFP's islands). I didnt say OFP's islands suck, you dont need all that land. And plus, the larger the places, the slower it runs and you can't have too much graphical detail.  wink.gif

Oh yeah, I believe this will be a great game. Digital Illusion made Hidden & Dangerous, and for me, before OFP, that was the best war game i've played.

biggrin.gif