Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Kawasaki klr 250 motorbike

I'll try to slow the bike down a bit in the next release, which should have a full desert version (Bike and Rider) and maybe some civ versions (brighter colors).

The problem with slowing the bike down is that the AI will only use the max speed as set in the cpp, while a human rider can exceed it. TO slow the human rider down, the AI will be slowed down as well.

keep me informed of any bugs so i can work on them.

SelectThis

Guest BratZ

Great Select This!!! I love bikes and I love this addon.

I have nothing bad to say but you said mention bugs, hard to say this is a bug as most cars/models are like this lately.

I notice when i bump something and get a flat tire,It basically can't be driven,the tires flatten too much and it really doesn't even move.

But like I said most addons are like this, and should the tires flatten so easily?

Select as a personal favor to me will ya make one of these fast as shit for stunt people to jump. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif maybe make it like red and call it ya stunt bike. Thatd be sweet. I love the speed. And i love usin teh camo in my specops missions. biggrin.gif

Kevin

PS What mod u with select?confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SelectThis @ Oct. 15 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll try to slow the bike down a bit in the next release, which should have a full desert version (Bike and Rider) and maybe some civ versions (brighter colors).

The problem with slowing the bike down is that the AI will only use the max speed as set in the cpp, while a human rider can exceed it. TO slow the human rider down, the AI will be slowed down as well.

keep me informed of any bugs so i can work on them.

SelectThis<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I think the handling and speed is just fine. Yeah it's a tad fast, but that's good as it can avoid machine gun fire from enemy soldiers better, plus off-road it slows down alot more so please don't change the speed!

Another thing I really like about it is that it handles fairly well so that it's harder to wipe out on it then the the Jawa or that last Kawasaki motorcycle addon that came out.

I had a pair of your motorcycles going across the desert portion of Malden with the AI driving and me sitting in the back of one of them and I have to say that it looked really awesome. It felt like we were going off on a recon mission.

I can definitely see this addon being used on missions requiring recon work to detect the enemy where you need something fast that can get out of danger quickly. For special ops missions it also is great. Now if only I could figure out how to get the choppers to carry them. smile.gif

One thing that can use improvement however is the sound. In real life their engines sound like chain saws with a higher pitch...but then again that might be annoying in OFP.

But other then that I absolutely love your addon and the Motorcycle driver units look FANTASTIC!! I love their helmets!

Thanks for the awesome addon!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

gr4vy wants to have this:

ps_1big.jpg

could pleeeeze anyone do this thing??

bye,

gr4vy

Me wants this please biggrin.gif

NSR-125-blue.jpg

btw GREAT bike STT i just love it its what ive been waiting for since i got resistance i actually thought it was really untill i saw the guy sitting on it biggrin.gif

Guest BratZ

BTW I just sold my Suzuki DR 650se and it did 110 MPH.

Notice I am talking MPH ,I am in US

I've had 250's in the past and Honda NX 250 was the first On/Off 250 to do 95 MPH, most 250's I've had do about 85 or so MPH,and of course the off road speed would be the same as on road speed ,its an On/Off

So this KLR is in the 650 class for sure with its speed like that!

well i had a KL?-125 (the ? is because im not sure but it looked exactly like the one stt has made) and most people are right about the noise, it is really loud, all you can hear is the engine, i couldnt even hear the person on the back shouting at me, so it should be a lot louder, the speed seems about right to me, although maybe it should be a bit faster as the addon is a 250, also im not sure if stt has done this or not but the fuel in these doesnt last long, i remember having to get fuel every few hours of pure riding, (oh and 1 fuel capacity point in the cpp equates to around a minute real time), anyway other than that, great addon smile.gif

[edit: i could also get to 110kph in about 2-300m so im guessing the speed its at now is about right, it also feels about right while riding on it, althoughyou may need some adjustments for a 250]

Guest BratZ

Why would the engine be that loud? Its a four-stroke.

A 250cc only does 10-15mph faster than a 125cc

This KLR 250 shouldnt be very loud, Just 4stroke 250cc loud

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gr4vy @ Oct. 15 2002,08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gr4vy wants to have this:

ps_1big.jpg

could pleeeeze anyone do this thing??

bye,

gr4vy<span id='postcolor'>

This thingy can be converted from 1nsane (that is, if someone knows how to do it smile.gif )

If someone needs this 4x4 file from 1nsane, I can email it. It's 1.35 megs.

If you are planning to make an ATV I recommend the

03atvmosssportsman500homossyoak_actnxx.jpg

Polaris Sportsman 500. This would be a great vehicle for the resistance, I used to have one myself... very rugged and fast... fast is good smile.gif

I gotta say that this is one of the most useful addons nowdays and it looks good. I think it shouldn´t be slowed down, i´am happy with it just like it is, i already imported it to some of my mission. It´s gonna be one of those solid addons for me. Great job.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ Oct. 15 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would the engine be that loud? Its a four-stroke.

A 250cc only does 10-15mph faster than a 125cc

This KLR 250 shouldnt be very loud, Just 4stroke 250cc loud<span id='postcolor'>

heh sorry im not very much into the technical side of things of bikes, i thought the 250 was a two stroke smile.gif

so? It looks cool. Notice I didnt put it in the stunt section? It just looks cool. Jeez, lighten up smile.gif

Ok i'm confused........the bike looks great and I want to try it, but where do I download it from?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 17 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so? It looks cool. Notice I didnt put it in the stunt section? It just looks cool. Jeez, lighten up  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol

funny pic anyways

Guest BratZ

I got the bike at: http://ofp.gamezone.cz

You will have to go in the news archives now.

This bike is the BEST addon yet!!! The puncture easy tires annoy me somewhat,just try not to hit anything.

Unfortunately motorcycles (two wheelers) are not supported in versions lower than 1.75. confused.gif

Buy it! It's worth every penny!!

This isn't the case.

The mototcycle class was present in 1.46, just not used.

Someone converted the speeder-bike (Star Wars) addon to run with 1.46.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 21 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone converted the speeder-bike (Star Wars) addon to run with 1.46.<span id='postcolor'>

SPEEDER BIKE!!! I want it. Where can I get it?