Yes, progress saving is something I'm working on. First iteration will be available in the next update.

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll keep an eye on the forums!

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Also noticed a glitch or something, in the RHS version of the map if you die you respawn without a weapon.

Jezuro,

Great Job on the mod! Just loaded on a dedicated server and it runs great! Have a question... How do you disable Fatigue? I think gameplay would be much better if there was no fatigue.

For those of you interested in trying the mod on a dedicated server here is our server info to try it out

Sons of War Gaming Warlords Mod Server

IP 192.81.12.20

Port 2302

@Aztec: I can totally feel your pain, fatigue ist one of the most annoying features of ArmA. To tackle this, create a custom Warlords mission or use a custom addon (I'm using parts of Dj Otacons Ultimate Soldier mod to "fix" this issue) that utilizes the "enable fatigue" command.

For example if you want to disable fatigue for players + player groups use:

player enableFatigue false;

{ _x enableFatigue false; } forEach (units group player);

@Dar Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to do it via adding a init file to mission pbo. I added the text below to the file and it worked. I wasn't sure what effect it would have on mod that's why I asked but it has tested out ok.

if (local player) then {

player enableFatigue false;

player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableFatigue false}];

};

Edited by Aztec_Ghost

Also noticed a glitch or something, in the RHS version of the map if you die you respawn without a weapon.

Yeah, noticed that as well. It comes from RHS config, not sure if it's intended behaviour or a bug.

Sorry :(

I have got 2 times "gear" , "aircraft" , etc : http://imgur.com/mQJGwUR

And : http://imgur.com/PcYUriM

I extracted and put your mission on our dedicated server, to have it by default launch !

This is the mission i've compiled for : http://sendbox.fr/pro/aacsekz01u8t/MP_Warlords_01.Altis.pbo.html

Try it on dedicated server, and tell me if you have same issue. Only "@warlords" is activated on our server !

Is it only me with this issue ? :eek:

OK OK ! It seems that i found the problem origin !

It is only when i launch the mission, being admin logged !

If i disconnect from server, and i come back again = everything is OK !

If someone can test it just to be sure !?! :yay:

Yeah, noticed that as well. It comes from RHS config, not sure if it's intended behaviour or a bug.

The joys of adding 3rd party content :)

Played around on it with a few guys yesterday. Its good fun. Paced well.

Its good fun. Paced well.

Unfortunately not paced very well for hardcore players. I prefer to start with 0 CP since the AI refuse to use vehicles for transport (they could easily call in a quad) so I usually end up scouting the area around a sector waiting for the AI to arrive and open fire. Makes for some very immersive gameplay.

I just thought of something while writing this reply, can you please make a new parameter for fast travel so players and AI can fast travel to an already captured sector but not ones in conflict? Would help with "hardcore" pacing. :D

Who did the voices for this mission or what software did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Dirty Haz

Hello I wanted to put in some of my own units and vehicles in the mission. I used the cfg thing the guy put in at the bottom but i dont know where to put the file. i dont understand where because when i put it in the Warlord's folder the mod updates and its gone. Its right what i put in but where do i put it exactly?:confused:

Hello I wanted to put in some of my own units and vehicles in the mission. I used the cfg thing the guy put in at the bottom but i dont know where to put the file. i dont understand where because when i put it in the Warlord's folder the mod updates and its gone. Its right what i put in but where do i put it exactly?:confused:

I don't understand what you want to do :(

You have to create a mission. you place all the modules of warlord. the you create a file like warlordunits.hpp and fill in the script he posted and apply your units classnames into it once you put all your units in it that you want you enter the following line to your description.ext:

#include "warlordunits.hpp"

Saving progress will make it into 0.92 sometime this week. Since you can have a mission running persistently on dedicated servers, I focused on saving when you're hosting a LAN game. As host, you'll be able to save the status of all sectors. Command Points and subordinates are not being saved for now, but you can remedy that by changing the 'Starting CPs' mission parameter.

The gameplay mode is fully modular. You should be able to create Warlords scenarios on any map you like if you follow the guide in the original post. Have fun!

Still wondering about how you did the voices... I am guessing software but which one? Or is it top secret? :D

Dirty Haz

Edit:

Just saw your post about saving in version 0.92. Do you save the data to the server profile for important player data so they can't change it?

Dirty Haz

Edited by Dirty Haz
Edit

Sorry, missed it!

Still wondering about how you did the voices...

Google 'DSpeech'.

Do you save the data to the server profile for important player data so they can't change it?

Yes :)

Thank you! And, of course you did! You're a genius BI developer. :D

Dirty Haz

UPDATE: Version 0.92 (Jul 1 2015)

Changelog:

Added: Faction parameters in the Init module (you can specify the faction of units to garrison sectors)

Added: New scenario on Alits (Pyrgos Gulf) along with RHS version

Added: New 'Whole Altis' scenario for 64 players (no AI)

Added: New Fast Travel parameter (enabled only to owned sectors)

Added: Progress saving for LAN host

Changed: Airdrop on your location is now considerably more expansive than on an owned sector

Added: Faction parameters in the Init module (you can specify the faction of units to garrison sectors)

There are 3 new parameters in the Init module dialog: BLUFOR Faction, OPFOR Faction and Independent Faction. By default, they are the config names of standard A3 factions (BLU_F, OPF_F, IND_F). If you use custom factions, they will be used as a filter when spawning the sector garrison. In the RHS version of Warlords scenarios for example, they are rhs_faction_usmc_wd, rhs_faction_vdv and rhs_faction_insurgents.

Added: Progress saving for LAN host

When you're hosting your own LAN game, you'll notice a new tab in the map screen labeled 'Save progress'. When you click it, it will save the progress data from your current session into your profile space. This way you can exit the game and come back later to your previous sector distribution. If you want to load the progress, just enable 'Load progress from last session' in the scenario parameters when setting up a new MP game. The progress is saved independetly for each Warlords scenario.

Note: Only the sector progress is saved, Command Points, subordinates or vehicles are not. You can increase your initial Command Points using the 'Starting Command Points' parameter to remedy this.

• Like 1

Nice, Very cool updates, For the custom faction parameters is the requirement the same as Alive's requirements, or what I'm asking is if a custom faction works in Alive it will work in Warlords?

Very nice, thanks a lot, the Scenario just became a lot more versatile, and thanks especially for adding some features that I were suggesting.

Nice, Very cool updates, For the custom faction parameters is the requirement the same as Alive's requirements, or what I'm asking is if a custom faction works in Alive it will work in Warlords?

Yes. As far as I know, Alive is using the faction classnames as well.

Jezuro,

Couple of things:

1. Workshop is not updating clients. Don't know if its just my group but if others can verify this is happening to them, I have did not receive the update.

2. I cant find the description or difference for Altis_01a and Altis_01b missions. I looked in main post and didn't see anything.

Thanks for the updates. We will be trying out the updates today.

Thanks

If you're running the game via the official laumcher, it should update your subscribed mods automatically. It definitely does so for me.

Altis_01b is the Pyrgos Gulf scenario, it should be named like that in the mission selection screen.