Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Man dies after 86 hours non-stop gaming

http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/651/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man Dies After 86 Hours Non-stop Gaming

A 24-year-old South Korean man has died after gaming nonstop with no sleep or meal breaks for 86 hours.

"A 24-year-old South Korean man has died after gaming nonstop with no sleep or meal breaks for 86 hours, Korean police have said.

The unemployed man was identified by police by his last name 'Kim', and was found dead yesterday at an Internet cafe in Kwangju, a town 260 kilometres south-west of Seoul city."

"According to witnesses, police detective Oh Myong-sik stated that the man had been virtually glued to the computer since late last Friday and had no decent sleep or meals.

The man collapsed in front of the counter early yesterday but soon regained consciousness. He then went to the toilet where he later was found dead, the police officer said.

Initial investigation ruled out the possibility of murder, police said. An autopsy was planned." - Source: news.com.au

Oct 9, 2002

<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

too bad someone has so little control over themselves that they will alow that to happen. What game was he playing?

Heh, and it says computer games killed man. smile.gif He killed himself by not eating and sleeping that's all.

He probably thought all that stuff about eating and sleeping his parents taught him was un-necessary. biggrin.gif

Not to mention the feeling of dizzyness, vomiting, hunger, thirst, dillusions.

Ban all computers! Do it for the children!

(That would be the typical knee-jerk reaction if this was about a different type of object)

Reminds me of something familure.That one where that guy was playing his playstation all day and night, then ended up having a siezure, then ended up getting killed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Oct. 10 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure it wasnt Counter-Strike ? tounge.gif

How could someone do that without eating?!!! confused.gif

what is wrong with the world these days....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He then went to the toilet where he later was found dead, the police officer said.

<span id='postcolor'>

icon4.gif

But anyways, i've never gone that far before, not even playing more then 6 hours.(which was the longest i have ever played.)

I wonder what really keeped him busy for 86 hours?

Also, shouldnt that internet cafe told him to go?Like bars, they make you go home after 2 a.m. . confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Oct. 10 2002,00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He then went to the toilet where he later was found dead, the police officer said.

<span id='postcolor'>

icon4.gif

But anyways, i've never gone that far before, not even playing more then 6 hours.(which was the longest i have ever played.)

Also, shouldnt that internet cafe told him to go?Like bars, they make you go home after 2 a.m. . confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My longest time was 16 hours (with eating)

and i done that every day every night for 2 weeks lol biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Oct. 09 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He then went to the toilet where he later was found dead, the police officer said.

<span id='postcolor'>

icon4.gif

Also, shouldnt that internet cafe told him to go?Like bars, they make you go home after 2 a.m. . confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I bet he knew someone who worked there. I have friends who know people that work at those kinds of places and they let them stay there all night if the workers feel up to it.

I had a friend who played his comp for 14 hours. he got a really bad headace like after 7 hours. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Oct. 10 2002,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a friend who played his comp for 14 hours. he got a really bad headace like after 7 hours. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How stupid is your friend? Surley a bad headache after 7 hours should tell him that something isn't right. But then again the world is full of idiots.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (promethius @ Oct. 10 2002,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Oct. 10 2002,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a friend who played his comp for 14 hours. he got a really bad headace like after 7 hours. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How stupid is your friend? Surley a bad headache after 7 hours should tell him that something isn't right. But then again the world is full of idiots.<span id='postcolor'>

Watch yer tone, laddie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 10 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ban all computers! Do it for the children!

(That would be the typical knee-jerk reaction if this was about a different type of object)<span id='postcolor'>

Whaddya mean different type of object... tounge.gif Nah, I get exactly what you mean, but there are people out there who would say exactly that about computer games...and have.

Remember the loser who topped himself after losing at Everquest? His mom was trying to sue Sony...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 10 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ban all computers! Do it for the children!

(That would be the typical knee-jerk reaction if this was about a different type of object)<span id='postcolor'>

Tell me about it confused.gif

I feel sorry for the gun owners down east in the U.S. who will probably lose their rights due to the reactions from this 'sniper'. It bothers me to see all these different 'mean looking' rifles being showed off on CNN, I bet alot of left wingers will be begging for a ban of some type.

All because of one @$$hole.

Tyler

Longest I ever played a game was Medal of Honor: Underground and I got to level 17 in oneday, but then could not save it do to lack of memory card! tounge.gif After doing that my eyes where blood shot, also I do spend a good while onb the pc and my eye site is getting worse, i think. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (promethius @ Oct. 09 2002,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Oct. 10 2002,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a friend who played his comp for 14 hours. he got a really bad headace like after 7 hours. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How stupid is your friend? Surley a bad headache after 7 hours should tell him that something isn't right. But then again the world is full of idiots.<span id='postcolor'>

You know if i wanted to i could flame you, but im not going to.

Back on topic now. IMO I wonder if this was some kind of suicide attempt. confused.gif But really im surprised he didnt get kicked out. I wonder how much it cost him to stay there for that long too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 10 2002,00:23)

Ban all computers! Do it for the children!

(That would be the typical knee-jerk reaction if this was about a different type of object)

<span id='postcolor'>

If that happened in Canada, they would probably ban pc gaming, with all our politicaly correct crap here.

Yep, the cafe owners should take some responsibility for this.

But i'm guessing if it wasn't there, then he wouldv'e done the same thing at home.

Games were obviously an addiction to him.

This is a relief to hear so many people defending our rights to keep and bear arms. The other forum I attend is almost totally violently against guns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Oct. 09 2002,07:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a relief to hear so many people defending our rights to keep and bear arms.  The other forum I attend is almost totally violently against guns.<span id='postcolor'>

*scrathes head* umm how is that related to this incident?

The longest i've played any game was Sim City 2000 when it first came out. It was like from 6AM to midnight, on a saturday.

The longest I've played OFP (online) was maybe 12 hours , but I didn't actually play the full 12 hours, there were several server crashes and lots of waiting for the game to restart.

-=Die Alive=-

Wasn´t there some time ago a similar incendent that lead to the death of a young asian that played to long on a comp in a i-net cafe, Taiwan or something?

I´d say give them a job, girlfriend or other hobbys that get them away from the comp once in a while, cause that is just sick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Oct. 09 2002,04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 10 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ban all computers! Do it for the children!

Tell me about it  confused.gif

I feel sorry for the gun owners down east in the U.S. who will probably lose their rights due to the reactions from this 'sniper'. It bothers me to see all these different 'mean looking' rifles being showed off on CNN, I bet alot of left wingers will be begging for a ban of some type.

All because of one @$$hole.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Um, why do you think that has anything at all to do with this topic? confused.gif